Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How can people say that this game is survivor sided?

Comments

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

That does not debunk his statement, LOL!

Because 4 top tier players got together as a SWF and destroyed Killers, DOES NOT mean that every group is like that. It DOESN'T EVEN MEAN the above average group is like that. This is an AMAZINGLY disingenuous statement.

In fact, the data from the DEVs (The November stats) shows that the game is Killer sided for every single killer by upwards of around 10%.

What you could say is that Killer has to juggle a lot of stuff which makes it stressful for the killer, while the survivors have less stuff they have to juggle so playing survivor is less stressful.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited July 2020

Dont try that. The Data is always irrelevant for most Killers. Except when they want to prove one of their points.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

No, I proved you wrong. You said Depip Squad was 2 years old and I showed you a complete timeline of him restarting it for 2019-2020.

Here, this may help..... "within last month" is less than 2 years. Your phone have a calendar app>? Maybe you can count the days?

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

They balanced because the lowest tier couldnt handle her at her best. So they "fixed" her so low tier players could play against her. So she is riddled with bugs and the people who did master her find her to be garvage because they literally broke her to let new players beat her.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

You showed me a tweet which is also over 1 year old and a VOD where he is playing with Metaperks. Sorry, you proved nothing.

But like I said - believe what you want to believe.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

yeah, him restarting depip squad in 2019, and again in 2020, so to act like its gone is willfully ignoring fact. He still does it, live on stream, but you would know that if you watched him. Within a month is less than 2 years, no way you can debate that. I mean, he literally calls it Depip Squad 2.0 to insinuate, its current. You are the one "believing what you want"

• Thypari
    Thypari Member Posts: 67

I just started playing 1.5months ago. I am red rank survivor and rank 5 killer. I play around 50:50 both. If you go by 2kills equals draw, survivors win a lot more often. But since there is no real indicator of what means "to win", the only real indicator is piping. And it's ridiculous easy to pip as a survivor compared to a killer. Also it's a lot more stressful to play killer which is a ridiculous controversy in a horror game: "Survivors should be scared, have stress, etc. but DBD devs managed to turn that around to be the killer who is stressed! #########?!"

• Munqaxus

The funny thing about this theory is how badly it failed when Starcraft II used it. That game became so hard for casual players because Starcraft II only balanced for the best player, that players left Starcraft II in droves. You can't balance for the best players or you exclude all other players and end up with the same problem that Starcraft II had.

Imagine if you balanced Dead By Daylight by the Depip squad. Every killer would be getting 4ks against all survivors except the BEST SWFs. Can you imagine how quick Dead By Daylight would be a waste-land.

That game theory is an amazingly bad idea, you balance for everyone. If there is something that only good players are using as an exploit, then nerf that but you can adjust game play for the best players without screwing everyone else.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Oh please not the depip squad argument again when there were infinites, Bnp and instaheals broken, and healing or fast vaults hadn't been nerfed yet it's hardly comparable, you ever wonder why when Marth88 started a comeback with the depip squad it tanked and they never went through with it? He even advertised the comeback on YouTube and still yet to see the comeback

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

They aren't even all that good they just did the objectives back when literally EVERYTHING was survivor sides, look at all the nerfs since those videos it's not even the same game

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

oh look another person using the "that was 2 years ago" argument, despite Marth playing with a new team with 2 perks, as recent as last week.... some of you are stuck in the past so much you cannot accept current reality.

• InTheBushes321
    InTheBushes321 Member Posts: 72

Good killers can easily 3 or 4k because over 95% of survivors are trash.

Good survivors do the same. Noob3's 50 escapes? The fact that even 4 average players will almost never lose depending on voice comes? The fact that the majority of maps are survivor sided?

The Billy nerf was more like an abortion. It was ill thought out, just like nearly every other balance decision in this game.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Ever play in a depip squad? RIP killers.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

it survivor sided i play solo yea it hard sometime but i get out alot too.playing killer way more stressful then it should be.

• Munqaxus

The Devs data shows it being Killer sided for every killer. But not by much, it's relatively balanced on both sides.

However, playing Killer is much more stressful because there's a lot to juggle.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

And what is your rank at the time of making this?

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Depends on how you look at it.

So the killer has a terror radius so you know where he is at all times.

A red stain so you know where he's gonna strike

Killers are only .6 faster so running in a straight line will buy you 12 seconds of life at the least.

Gens and gate take 420 seconds or 105 seconds each so for the killer to win he needs 30 second find hook chase down hook 12 perfect times...

if you waste a killers 30 seconds he looses a hook and thereby looses the kill/ game.

This can be done solely buy hitting great checks alone. Or bringing two common toolboxes.

The killers physically only option to complete with the time Restrictions is to Camp or tunnel

Thats why they don't do bots. In perfect games Survivors always win.

Any action a survivor normally needs a team to complete against a killer with you can slap on a perk and not need a team. Like self care replacing a team heal or DS replacing carry save or deliver replacing a hook save. Once stacked you have 4 players each able to compete like team themselves. Your outnumbered 12 perks and killers perks outside the meta 6 are mostly pointless

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

I think we can all agree survivors cry even though they have the most powerful mechanic in the game on their side,swf,and a lot of perks that can make a game really easy if you play decent and know the map.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Explain how games like R6:S, TF2 (when it did get updates), and CS:GO all balance around top tier players then.

• Sunri
    Sunri Member Posts: 100

I have no idea what you are talking what make it stressful for you? I think the problem lies with you if feel stress when playing video game and this thread is about skill ceilingand which side have it easier to win change your mindest and you wont feel stressed lol

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Your only vote up was from that one guy with a Monsterous Shrine avatar.

• Sunri

There are stealth killers and perk's that change your terror radious on some maps you can't tell if the killer is right behing wall or above/below you so its not that simple you can't determine always where the killer is and from which side he is coming and something like perfect survivor dosn't exist

• Sunri

So what? majority isn't always right and no one convinced me that I was wrong your post has not added anything valuable to the discussion.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Theres a discussion? Looks like people angrily screeching at each other to me

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544

because this game started as being heavily survivor sided. The fact that you can throw down a pallet in the killer's face and have time to teabag them and then run to the next pallet or make a mistake and cover it up with a second chance perk proves this. Survivors have always been the power role in this game. Hell, if you're a killer and you kill too efficiently, you can't even rank up. You are supposed to let survivors go. Meanwhile survivors do not afford the killer any modicum of mercy. The reason why scoring now assumes the first 2 gens will be done near instantly and the reason why bloodlust is even in the game is a testament to how strong survivors are and the devs' unwillingness to balance survivors. Any attempt at making any sort of tournament or competition for this game fails because once you get 4 survivors that know what they're doing on top of giving them the ability to communicate, there is absolutely no hope even for the strongest killers.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

I can hide in a locker the entire match contribute nothing and still escape and win...

And there's nothing as a survivor that I can't counter with my basekit and I don't have any penalties or cooldowns

My view is larger so I can use more of the map and make decisions better then a killer can and any mistakes I made can be covered by my team.

A 10 second killer mistake is 10 seconds lost. A 10 second survivor mistake is 3 seconds make up time each.

A perfect survivor is really easy. Dont miss checks, keep lines if sight closed and hide when you hear him. You won't even get chased.

• Sunri

Pallets are limited and what do you mean by killlling too efficiently? using mori? or hooking them once and camping them if you hook all the survivors in your match there no way that you won't rank up

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544

you can run up to a pallet, not loop it, throw it, move to the next pallet and keep doing that and by the time you are done, all 5 gens and the exit gates will be done. You actually don't need to loop pallets, there's plenty that spawn on the map for you to utilize, then you can use your second chance perks to help with any mistakes in pathing you make.

So you can't think of any other situations where the killer kills too efficiently? Like being able to down all the survivors and then hooking them?

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

The Game is SWF sided at the expense of both Killers and solo survivors.

The Game itself was originally balanced around 4 survivors having no communication the only way to fully have the game be balanced is to give the level of communication that a swf has to solo players as well and then buff killers to compensate. It's been suggested plenty of times with many different solutions but I highly doubt it will ever happen.

The simplest way I can think of is to have bond be base kit. or even just have icons next to the survivors names that the killer cannot see, one for each kind of action in the game like a locker symbol when someones in a locker, a gen for being on a gen, health symbol for healing/being healed, one for being chased, searching a chest and working on a totem.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

I have over 3k hours and play both killer and survivor at rank ranks equally.

When i play survivor, i feel like i am in the power role, even as a solo survivor. If you know your loops, pallet spawns and different ways to juke, you can run any killer for 5 gens and still escape.

Only sometimes and only in red ranks as survivor, i do feel that the power role belongs to the killer. I tend to find that anything below red ranks, i am always in the power role.

As for the BIlly nerf, i don't mind the overheat, although i think it needs tweaking. The only problem i have is with his add-ons that don't affect his power, such as the two add-ons that are only used for flashlights, which are useless, and ultra rares that actually hinder him instead of benefiting him.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Lol you find killer less stressful? I mean I find it more fun. But playing survivor = meh I dont need to xxxx. I have 3 other smugs thats probably gonna do that. When you share the burden with others there is less for you to do and less pressure on you to do it well. Which is why the fewer allies you have left the more stressful it becomes. How weird huh.

As a killer the only allies you have is your perks, add-ons and your power. And if they dont help you out a lot its 100% on you. As I said, I prefer playing like that anyway since I dont enjoy relying on others to win. Especially as you said when the others are just garbage bags with legs. The games where I get those survivors are few, but they do happen. Almost as few as the times I get god tier swf vs my killer. And in either case I consider those games lost from the get go. In those cases I just try and get as much bloodpoints and kills/maybe hatch escape. You might like the playstyle more, but calling it less stressful is just not correct.

When you see 3 gens flying and not a single survivor has been hooked, you are in for bad time. And its entirely on you. Its still possible to win, but you might have to play like a dick.

• Sunri

I don't feel stressed at all when i play video game lol i guess you look at it from the different angle when you are adult.

• FlamingkittyUmad
    FlamingkittyUmad Member Posts: 313

People can't tell the difference between a coordinated SWF bully group (litterally like 1% of the playerbase) and a regular group of survivors. most of the people on this forum/ reddit likely don't even have 500 hours in the game, yet act like they're experts because they watch old Ochido videos

• Throwaway123
    Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183

This game is tremendously survivor sided at high skill levels. The only reason survivors don't win literally every match is because of how ######### the ranking system is so a lot of boosted bad players are in red ranks diluting the pool of players. If those rank 12's weren't in red ranks due to the ######### medal system then Killers have to try as hard as possible just for a 2k.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Ah yes, videos made almost 2 years ago when (most) god loops, old DS, insta heals, Instablinds, pallet vacuum still existed sure do proof this game is inherently survivor sided.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i don't either understand what your saying what not stressful about killer?remember this 4vs1 killer all alone even with 4 solo who know what they are doing killer going have hard time.

what makes it so easy for you anyways? tell us all how it so easy for you.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Is 31 not an adult age? Goddamn I got some years to go.

Its got absolutely 0 things to do with being an adult lol. Its got everything to do with how maybe not how serious, but at least your attitude to playing games. I play games in general to be if not good then at least as good as I can be at them. Thats my hobby thats my enjoyment from games. Usually when people dont stress over something its because they dont care. And thats ok, not everyone has to feel the same. I just want to care about my hobby. I dont stress that much at work because Im lucky with my workplace, but I do stress from playing killer. Usually the good kind of stress, one where you stress because there is a lot to do but you know if you just manage to do them within a set amount of time you might just sneak a win out of a lost situation.

But thats just my oppinion. If I play with my friends I dont feel stressed because I care more about having fun with them than playing the actual game. Thats the difference to me.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

The game is unbalanced in a plethora of ways that make it lean into either sides direction depending on the circumstance.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

So i think it starts here.

Ayrun's streak ended with 96 escapes in a row.

And now meet the legend wima.

Killer complain because the game is balanced around solo survivor and the survivors not being a real team. When they are as in SWF then it breaks the balance of the game completely. Also ranking in dbd is just broken, you will find lots of players in red ranks who simply do not belong there.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Playing solo survivor I see so many who cant last more than 10 seconds in a chase, farm teammates, hide at the edge of the map, or just make boneheaded moves that screw the team and throw the game. Some of these people are red ranks, because people who have very little time on the game can get to red ranks now.

Killers are handed free win after free win....yet come here and complain about how hard killer is lol I’m convinced people have 1 bad game against a 4 man swf and forget about the 10 previous games where they crushed a solo team

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

Because it is. Once you have played thousands of hours, you will see that the best survivors always will beat the best killers. The only exception to this is probably nurse, or maybe spirit. (the only killers who can truly ignore loops/pallets).

It's a basic math equation that mostly relates to early game not existing.

Match starts, survivors and killers typically spawn on opposite sides of the map. As a killer, i immediately run to the other side of the map where survivors spawn ( i have 1000 hours so it's generally easy for me to know exactly where everyone spawned). Depending on the map size, it takes 20-30 seconds to walk to that point. Assuming survivors all spawn apart (which they typically do), its probably going to take them around 10 seconds to find a gen. Let's say it's a small map.

10 seconds to find the first survivor. they run and hold W.

Takes 15 seconds to catch up to them (all they are doing is holding W) I hit them.

Take another 15 seconds to catch up to them (again, just holding w) i down them.

Take a couple of seconds to pick them up watching for flashlight/pallet saves.

Take another 5 or so seconds to walk to a hook.

Another second or 2 to hook and get my bearings.

Now lets do that math.

10 seconds + 15 seconds + 20 seconds + 3 seconds + 5 seconds + 2 seconds

10 + 15 + 15 + 3 + 5 + 2 = 50 seconds

Now, a killers power can slow this down depending on the killer, but survivors also have pallets and such they can go to, which i didn't even address yet.

Now, factor in that walk speed walking to another generator, and you have most likely lost 2-3 gens (if survivors smashed them immediately, which at thousands of hours played they all do).

Now factor in that if the survivor can loop, find a pallet, a window. All of which, if they are unsafe, will add maybe 5 - 10 seconds to a chase (for the mindgame), or add another 20 if it is a safe pallet.

If you do the basic math, you see that early game doesn't exist. There is a reason ruin was strong and used so often, because it was the only perk in the entire game that addressed this problem and slowed down the early game. Corrupt does not address this problem because survivors will often either wait out the timer or just hammer the gens anyway, maybe instead of losing 3, you only lose 2. This is not to say survivors are OP. Once that first hook is down, pressure is getting applied and the game starts to naturally slow down. But until that early game is addressed, i have no options.

This is why i'm a nurse main, because those 2 15 second halves of the chase become 5 seconds and means survivors might not complete 60% of their objective in the time i complete 8% of mine.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Ah yes, did it ever occur to you that somebody made that statement in 4 pages of thread? Gratz on being number 3, hope you read the thread the next time before you reply to statements from page 1.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Good killer vs good survivor the killer has to play almost perfect and capitalize survivor errors. Too much second chance perk and coordinate plays, 2 pairs of survivor doing gens in couples. If they gens rush you can only slowball, slug, camp or tunneling, making pressure with fast-downs and hooks. Hope the New start game thing will prevent the two gens popping instant.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

The way I see it, SWF > Killer > Solo Survivor.

I say buff Solo survivors with more information that SWF already has access to. Once we have Solos close enough to SWF level we can buff the weaker killers to that level as well.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Yep, pretty much. The games are extremely different facing optimised squads vs solo queue potatoes.

When the early game change releases, i could see the game become generally balanced or maybe even killersided depending what it does.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

So level with me....

in 100 matches with no perks, items, addons, or moris and hook placement offerings for both survivors and killers

all players are skilled at their roles

what happens?

• PerkyPerky
    PerkyPerky Member Posts: 347
    edited July 2020

Because they actually play both sides and realize survivor is easy mode for casuals?

Hold M1 and get chased for 40-60 seconds while using crutch perks and boom, you escape all games.

You have to have terrible team mates who make dozen of mistakes for killers to stand a chance.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I play both and find survivor way harder than killer. I almost exclusively play solo survivor and I can't begin to tell you how many useless team mates I get at red ranks. From boosted red rank players who don't belong there, from toxic SWF dying right away because they're trolls/hook bomb, from the DC's, the sandbagging, survivors allergic to gens, and overall selfish players makes the solo experience for me at least more miserable than killer. I have to worry about my team mates AND the killer.

For killer, I don't really feel none of that because it's me vs 4. I dictate how most of my matches are going to go MOST of the time. The rare times I can't is because I'm facing a strong team and that is OK for me. I learn a lot from those games. You can't win them all and that is 100% fine with me. Red ranks.

This discussion has been closed.