This game is asking for too much $$$

Alright, let's cut to the chase, we all like dead by daylight, with it's perfect gameplay, killers, perks amd many more. Now I've played this game for almost 2 months since I started buying games digitally, but to my experience, the game was....ehhhh 6/10. I mean dont get me wrong, this game is good but this game feels like a pay to win game. For starters, the game is loaded with microtransactions. Yeah I know that they need the money since they're using charachters that dont belong to them such as the demogorgon from stranger things, ghost face from the scream franchise and many more. Take this, if you play the game for the very 1st time, most of its killers and survivors are behind a paywall, the clown, paywall, ash William's, paywall, Steve Harrington, paywall paywall paywall, like it doesnt make any sense on why were being forced to hand over a few bucks for a killer or a survivor, but the skins are what pisses us off. $10-$15 for a skin!!!!! Sure, we dont mind paying extra green for some dlc, but that's too much. But to top that off, the battle pass system feels broken, other games have done the battle pass system but as the days, weeks and months go on, the battle pass system feels more contrived than rewarding.

I've been playing horror games for 7 months. This game is good and all, but it mostly focuses on microtransactions.

-okkogeek26467

Comments

• KillScreen
    KillScreen Member Posts: 166

Wish takes 100 hours of grind shards for one character. Its either 2.5€'s for 2 characters or 200 hours of your time. Not to mention that in order to use that killer properly you need to spend more money on other killers that you don't want.

And on top of that, you will need to farm bloodpoints to unlock those perks. Grind, after grind, after grind. For people starting out the game its just frustrating. They won't see a dime from me on skins or battle passes that's for sure.

• TTVfbYTigTW
    TTVfbYTigTW Member Posts: 85

I don’t have a problem with them charging for characters. You don’t have to buy it, you can get perks in the shrine. You might not IMMEDIATELY get what you want, but that’s the nature of f2p.

I would agree that skins are way too much money. Whatever they say to justify the price is silly. Watch - new chapter - 2 new characters - $8. Same character - new skin - $3-$15. How does that make sense? But they’ll continue to be that price if people continue to pay for them

• PsychoInTent
    PsychoInTent Member Posts: 9

I'll agree, cosmetics are way too expensive. However, I disagree with your point about chapter DLCs. A majority are $6.99 USD. That's $3.50 per character. There's a few exceptions to that rule, but only a few.

But, that's the cost of continued development for this game. You want the game to continue to exist, we have to continue to pay up, because if BHVR can't pay their employees, or the servers to maintain the game? That's it, game is dead, shut down, and everything we've paid up is lost.

• Kumakx
    Kumakx Member Posts: 262

Shrine is great to obtain perks from characters which you do not own. It have been here really long, in meanwhile many new perks were introduced. It may be a good idea to increase amount of perks in shrine to 5 (5th one would be chosen at random to be either killer or survivor one) or even to 6 (3 killer perks and 3 survivor perks). Would reduce grind for new players a little bit. But since it could affect DLC sale rates, I can see that not being a great idea from developer point of view.

• Peepo
    Peepo Member Posts: 108

It's ridiculous skins cost more than the base game. Make then more affordable => more players will buy them => more money.

????

PROFIT

• Luckiernut
    Luckiernut Member Posts: 7

Yea they need to let us earn cosmetics through playing a bit faster.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033
    edited July 2020

There should maybe be number-of-posts restrictions before getting access to New Threads. Like two hundred.

Or have an active account for a week or twelve.

• "perfect gameplay" 😂

Stop, you are killing me. 🤣