Character statistics

Options
FranzDerPalme
FranzDerPalme Member Posts: 75

What do you guys think about character statistics. For every killer and survivor you have his own statistic, for example for survivor:

• Played games, survived games, unhooks, time worked on a generator, time beeing in a chaise, cleansed Totems, Sabod hooks, Looted chests

For Killer:

• Survivors downed, survivors hooked, kicked generators, won chaises, pallets destroyed, Ability used successfully (for killers like hag, trapper, billy etc.)

Character statistics 27 votes

Good Idea
92%
Adelooliv071981F60_31Dr_TrautsKind_LemonWalker_of_the_fog_96KeezoUistreelEliteManny7noname11223345Awkward_FiendCephalon_LebronSkullKidnotstarboardUndershotMapersonhahadrillgobrrrTotemsCleansermostlyghostlyPior_Morte 25 votes
The Idea is good, but...
3%
Seiko300 1 vote
Bad Idea
3%
Ghouled_Mojo 1 vote

Comments

• Andy0808
    Andy0808 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Idea

I think that it would be very cool and easy to implement ;)

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options
    The Idea is good, but...

Player statistics is something the developers have wanted to do for a long time and it's something that's been on their radar for awhile, however it's not as easy or as simple as people think.

The problem comes from figuring out previous information on veteran players. It's not exactly fair to start everyone off at square 1 and have a new guy who's playing all day every day for weeks on end have better stats than a veteran player who's been playing for 4 years and is only now playing a few days a week for a couple of hours. A new player statistics tracker that only tracks from the present into the future doesn't account for those who have sunk in real dedicated time and effort for well over a thousand hours, two thousand hours, even more than that.

Those of us veterans have the benefit of dates on our steam achievements and how many hours we've clocked in but that's about it, and it would suck to get completely shafted and be placed all the way back to square one for everybody else in game to see.

To be honest I have no idea if it's even possible to get four years of information and statistics back, if there's even a chance of it working though I would want to wait for that to figure that situation out before anything else.

• Temuromage
    Temuromage Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Idea

wow! actually a pretty good idea!

• FranzDerPalme
    FranzDerPalme Member Posts: 75
    edited July 2020
    Options

I am a Veteran, I play it since 4 years, and sure it would be nice, to have the stats from back than, but tbh. I don't care that much about the stats from back than, I just want to have any stats, they still could add the previous stats to the new collected stats, if they figure out, how to do so, but we could already collect some new once.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Options
    Good Idea

Every time you plunder a chest or pull a survivor into the dream realm, that's tracked on steams achievements. The website Onteh is currently using those to display exact stats and host a leaderboard. It only tracks things after they're added though, which means it still won't display your real number of obsessions healed, only the obsessions healed since the achievement was added, it's definitely top notch though for stats like gens done and survivors killed though.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options
    Good Idea

Anything involving stats I love so yeah. Honestly who cares if it only tracks your stats back to some specific date and everything before is disregarded??? Isn't the point here that only you can see your own stats??? Nothing much to flex about. And I'd rather have my stats started from square one than have no stats at all.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 453
    Options
    Good Idea

More Numbers = More Arousal

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options
    The Idea is good, but...

Sure, I'm sure there are plenty other veterans who don't really care either way. But it would still rub me the wrong way if my own player stats were used against me because they don't actually reflect my actual experience, which is kind of the point of player stats to begin with.

It's a lot like the issue people have with legacy cosmetics, a lot of people had them, and then along the way lost them and even though they were compensated they were always miffed that the proof that they've been here since the beginning is now completely gone.

Personally, if they do it I'd rather it be done right and if not then not at all. Imo player stats aren't as important to me as other ideas like the bloodpoint market / crafting system, or the graphic overhaul, or updated animations, or reworking Quentin's Face, or doing a voice over for Steve Harrington starring his actual actor Joe Keery.