Playing fair should be viable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi6P7Jxf6AM

Ok, this is what i believe being the best player in this game and i don't base my judgement on the skill (even tho he is pretty skill) But i judge his skill on knowledge and fairness. Basically: He plays fair, he always tries to 12 hook and he never play lame unless he has too, This is exactly me EVERY game. But the outcome is: You get gen rushed and you get mocked for it :\

I believe that the only way to play this game should be the way to make the match fun for both sides and i say this because i play both sides so i know what playing lame both sides mean... But playing fair is NOT rewarding because the outcome is always the same: Gens goes fast and you have no way to match the unfairness of maps (See the pallet at the bathroom right in front of a jungle gym)

Now, anyone else believes that this game should be much more fair/fun and rewarding or it's just me? Because i don't think that escaping or 4king should be important things, not for me, but having challenges and enjoying the game should.

Comments

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

it is :/

you need to get better at shutting down loops and applying pressure properly

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

Imo the game isnt fair and I also think never will be. Its just like the op said, you cant go for 12 hooks without slugging, tunneling etc. You just dont have the time and the game doesnt give you the opportunity to. Only survivors can give you this opportunity by not doing gens, troll around etc. But on the other hand, if the game would give you the tools to do so, players wont start playing "fair". Why should they, if they have an easier time with playing "unfair".

As of now I think just keep playing the way you like it. I just got used to get tbaged and stuff for playing nice. But I have my fun and dont play for kills.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

I watched the video you linked and while he DID get really lucky with his early infinite T3... he played very poorly for the majority of the game and barely applied any pressure while chalking up his losing to "playing fair". I can give you specific examples if you'd like.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I would appreciate specific examples as I don't want to watch a full match of this truly talented individual.

• BaroneMaximus
    BaroneMaximus Member Posts: 474

I 100% agree with you, like he was clearly playing chill, but still... what else should have he done? Like camp when he had 2 people hooked or? dunno...

• BaroneMaximus
    edited July 2020

If you have any uploaded video in yt, could you share it? I'm not being toxic or sarcastic, i'm geniunely curious and interested

• teamdehn
    teamdehn Member Posts: 222

Survivors and killers have only a couple obligations in the game. Dont cheat and play to win. Throw out all of these made up rules that people have. In my experience people do this when they want an unfair advantage. Players should be playing to win and get the most BP. You can only control your fun in the game because like it or not some people will cry about anything and everything if they dont "win". If people are not having fun playing a game they should quit playing that game. If to many people start quitting the dev's should focus on why. But trying to play to made up rules is going to put you in bad spots.

The only problem is that everybody win state is different. I look at it this way the dev's balance to 2k/2e so if I'm the killer and get 3k that's a win. If I'm survivor if 3 escape that's a win.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

Btw, if you wanna watch a streamer who ACTUALLY plays chill and does extremely well while sharing their thought process and their observations...Watch Fungoose. The guy is an absolute treat and is GREAT at applying pressure and being aware of his surroundings in general. I feel like the whole "playing chill" thing in the video you linked was mostly just being used as an excuse if im being honest...

Heres a video Fungoose put out recently of a Bubba game. Spoiler alert, he was able to apply ALOT of pressure and prevented the survivors from doing much of anything, but still was honest with himself in admitting his own mistakes when he had them.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

The mistake that bugged me the most was at 5:00, when he has someone just downed and is already in T3, he hears a gen being worked on below him but wanders around before picking up the downed survivor and then the gen gets done and survivor(s) flee. If he’d just immediately dropped upon hearing the gen he could have got at LEAST one more down, possibly two, and maybe even stopped the gen from pinging. The gen was so close to completion that the survivor(s) would obviously commit to it.

This is a really really basic mistake. Playing “fun” doesn’t mean you have to instantly pick people up when they’re downed even if you hear someone working on a nearly completed gen nearby.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

If a player quits from Ranked Mode they should have to complete a number of Unranked matches without quitting to unlock Ranked Mode again.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Yes they should... I'd say 5 complete games at first then more for repeat offenders

• CyanideBlaze
    CyanideBlaze Member Posts: 143

Honestly? I feel like playing fair WAS viable until recent months.

Like.... I haven't been playing that long, but I feel like up until like two months ago the bulk of my games were fairly decent. Not a whole lot of camping or tunneling going on. Now it's like the opposite where I'm grateful if even one game doesn't involve me getting camped or just hyper focused all match. It's literally stressful being chased, hooked, unhooked, chased some more, hooked, unhooked, chased and then killed.

I actually have started like... pining to do gens. Like I just wanna hit skillchecks. Like how messed up is that, I miss the most boring aspect of the game?

Like jfc lemme do a gen

• BaroneMaximus

Killers are all frustrated cause the game is unfair for them and they started playing lame and abusing stuff like survivors do with keys and SWF and all that stuff so yeah... games are much more unfair

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I enjoy Tru3 and acknowledge that he is rather skilled, but I also acknowledge that there are a looot of times where it seems like games that go badly are on him not playing it well as opposed to unwillable 4-man coordinated SWF etc. etc.

• BaroneMaximus

Thanks for the tip on how to counter a pallet xD But this is NOT a counter HAHHAHAHAHAH

• BaroneMaximus

and just to be in theme, had like 10 games against SWF so its TIIIIIIIIIIIME FOR RANDOM PUNISHMENT AND UNFAIR GAMES :D

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I agree fungoose is a great streamer. Very informative and very good. I would not classify him as playing chill what so ever. He does what he needs to do to win. If that means he needs to proxy a hook, he does it. If he needs to tunnel, he does it. He explains why he is doing it when he does it but still. I think goose shows more than anyone just how playing chill, is not a viable way to win.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

They didnt ask how to counter a pallet. They said "but what do I do at shack loop when pallet is DOWN". Implying they're stuck in a loop. AMD what you do is kick the pallet and keep moving. Dont stare at it and ask if this is a god loop.

• BaroneMaximus

Like, survivors are so entitled, that if you play your best addons, perks and offerings and they manage to escape THEY ARE STILL MAD :'D

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

break the pallet... its called god pallet for a reason, they get one freebie, then it becomes significantly less safe

• BaroneMaximus
    edited July 2020

Like even tho i'm playing the most cancerous build with ebony, key is still superior xD seriously, i wonder how many more evidence are needed to understand that keys are broken xD

• bredbeddle
    bredbeddle Member Posts: 103
    edited July 2020

I agree, if you make playing fair more viable, then you have to reduce the strength of playing dirty as well. Idk that increasing the strength of one necessarily has to mean increasing the strength of the other though. (In fact, I think that it can kind of work the other way, where by giving your players new options, you can snip out the problematic old ones more easily)

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

This is off-topic but what you said here is the exact reason I stopped watching Tru3. He'll throw a bad hatchet, it misses and he congratulates the survivor for their 'good juke'. Like no dude, you just missed...

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

Same, he talks up his opponents like every move they make is super calculated and thought out. Every whiff he makes is "noice dead ahrd" . Like this isnt a competitive game lmao!

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

if it wasnt competetive why are there ranks? why would the dev team spend time making a new hidden mmr system?

• OutcastEric

This game is a casual party game at best! It will never be competitively viable because RNG is a major factor in every game. If you take this game that seriously, then why not just play something more balanced? Tournaments cant even be a thing because how imbalanced SWF are, survivors would win probably 9/10 times. The new mmr system wont even show us each others standing so its pointless. They like wasting their time on projects instead of actually balancing their game

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

so then why are there ranks and why are they developing a hidden mmr system? you avoided the question that directly contradicts your statement. if this is not a competitive game then they would have never put in the ranking system nor would they try and make a better version of it with the mmr system. saying the game is casual and rng based would mean that its random on who wins but its not, its based on skill. now is the game balanced? no, but that doesnt change the fact that its not random who wins.

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174

It is.

• Unfun_Tunnel
    Unfun_Tunnel Member Posts: 51

No one will change my mind until devs will do something concrete about this: this game is survivor sided. Yes, it is. With genrushing, op meta perks, unfair maps and swf some games are just impossible, unless you tunnel or camp. Killers shouldn't be forced to do this, i think they need more time, because now there's very little.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Damn lowest points 8k. Did they do nothing or did u abuse the mori?

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Nvermind they weren't even moried I'm a ######### idiot.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Ebony vs key. Result 2-2. How can you say that a key is superior? Talking about being entitled. LOL

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

Those are my favourite types of matches. It reminds me of when I first started playing.

Now in red ranks, survivors always wanna gen rush the killer and get out ASAP. I get that escaping is the goal, but where’s the fun? I want a drawn out, well fought match. I want the chases, the totem hunting and chest searching, and the avoiding when the killer comes near. (Not toxic immersive but stealthy.)

But nope. These days all my teammates wanna do is gen rush the killer and force them to play dirty. They’ll wait until the last possible second before getting chased off a generator.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

The problem here is - as always - people are using words like "fair" when they really mean "farming" or "throwing" or something similar.

There's nothing "fair" about the "hook everyone once before you hook anyone twice, and hook everyone twice before you kill anyone!" nonsense. You're just asking one side to handicap themselves for your benefit at that point.

You might as well ask StarCraft players to not pressure you early, or Street Fighter players not to block your combos. And then calling that "fair".

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,215

Poker is competitive game and its like entirely based off the luck of drawing cards. RNG is not what determines competition. The drive to win does. In DBD, winning is really fun, so when people say stuff like "This killer isn't fun", what they're really saying is they lose a lot to that killer but winning and losing is part of the game. I find it ironic when people say, "Rank doesn't matter and it isn't skill based" and yet people post screens of red rank vs purple/green rank. Another irony is that survivors/swf often smurf rank 20 accounts to face rank 20 killers and than blame matchmaking system. It is very see through. Its why it is important that they eventually looking into making killer emblem system in taking account for killer powers so it has accurate calculations. Anyhow, Myers is really weak killer and hopefully he gets reworked at some point to be strong killer but he is likable character in the game.

• OutcastEric

This game is way more involved than poker though. Its a video game. I cant see the comparisons youre trying to make here. Maybe i just didnt take the time to read between the lines but i dont care enough to. Its my opinion but Myers weak? Are you trolling? lol! use surge, thrilling tremors, pop goes the weasel, and [any perk] id recomend enduring/noed/discordance/nurses/sloppy then tell me hes weak. This build can work on any m1 killer but its dangerous on him because he can one shot you. Any killer that can easily 1 shot a survivor and have stealth capabilities at the same time is definitely not weak. His only weakness is map control but this build compensates for that. True used a build that is hard to pull off and didnt make smart plays in order to win in that video. He purposefully played to lose. Killers arent supposed to play nice if they want to win

• BaroneMaximus

It makes me laugh to read "it's not a competitive game" XD

• BaroneMaximus

They didn't do anything, i mori at second hook to the third, never at first hook