Why do people jump in lockers in chases

xXCAM3R0NXx
xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

The amount of times I've been killer and I've been chasing a survivor. They come across a locker and immediately jump in, I end up hitting the locker accidently which is a good way to avoid a hit, but then they either:

- Get grabbed whilst climbing out the locker

- They stay in the locker and I grab them out

- They keep jumping in and out and eventually get grabbed/hit

- Get hit whilst climbing out the locker

Either way the survivor is going to get hit or grabbed, so why do people do it?

If you do it, can you explain why you do it?

Comments

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

If they are jumping into locker when youre right behind them (without breaking LoS) that means they know they will get hit and maybe you will swing and they will dodge incoming m1/m2 (its not as weird as its looks like) 360s are easier to counter (PC player here), and survs get better shot at dodging m1/m2 with locker

ofc DS exist, and Q&Q shouldve been used after breaking LoS

• xXCAM3R0NXx

But why don't they just attempt to juke whilst running, you might be able to juke and quickly get a nearby pallet or window. Going in a locker is kind of sparing a few seconds, where as a juke could potentially keep the chase going 🤷‍♂️

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330

I do it to avoid a hit for a few more moments. Only when injured tho, you don't want to waste the speed boost.

Even if it takes the killer just an extra second to down me, it's a better deal for my whole team. You ever just barely not get there in time to stop someone from finishing a gen? How about an exit gate? You never know if it'll really matter.

• xXCAM3R0NXx

I understand it better now, but I just think juking can reward quite abit, especially when you can get to a pallet, rather then going into a locker and inevitably getting downed

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Sometimes it's avoid a hit, usually it's because it threw me in the locker instead of vaulting the window.

• xXCAM3R0NXx

But it's not exactly avoiding a hit, because when the killer misses an attack it only stops them from attacking for like 2 seconds. Which then the killer can just easily lunge at the survivor who has just jumped out of the locker. That's what I don't get aha

• Hulpern
    Hulpern Member Posts: 14

probably cause ds

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

It's pretty nice to do against Bubba, only because it wastes his time.

If you know you're dead from the chainsaw, you can jump in to the locker and either force the tantrum (wasting time), or he just hovers around the locker while chainsawing, which also wastes time. I think you can also get out of the locker in the middle of his tantrum if you time it right.

A locker juke is more consistent than trying to juke in the chase

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Pretty much what everyone is already saying. Its to get the killer to slap the locker instead of me once to buy a few extra seconds for my team. 360ing is another option, but I get something out of locker diving more often than I get something out of attempts at 360's. Not sure if I'm just bad at 360ing, but I usually get hit anyway... so the almost guaranteed 2 seconds I get from locker diving is usually a bit better if there's a locker..

• N0T0Ri0US
    N0T0Ri0US Member Posts: 59

Risking being grabbed by going in a locker at full-health state is dumb.

If you are injured however, sometimes you can avoid getting hit by going in a locker, and jump in and out to make you miss and waste your time. If they have been hooked recently and they have DS then it's clear why they go in locker ( to force you to grab them so they can escape hitting the DS skill check ).

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

If I'm injured and the killer's on my tail then I jump into a locker to waste as much time as possible for my teammates to do gens. Depending on how it's played you can waste much more time then you'd normally be able to. If you're healthy then you should never do this tho.

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186

They do it to abuse broken grabs. It's a hail mary but sometimes as they come out of the locker, attempting to hit them will result in an attempt to grab -- which will actually just result in you reaching your arm out and being stuck in the animation for about ~1s while they run away.

This is made easier by grabbing out of lockers while they're in them and grabbing when they're entering or exiting being two different keybinds/actions, both with small windows where they can be used.

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186

They do it to abuse the broken grabs. It's a hail mary move but it can commonly enough result in the killer being forced to attempt a grab instead of hitting them, which often results in them not actually getting the grab but being stuck in the animation for ~1s giving them time to get to a vault or pallet.

It's made more effective by the fact that grabbing someone who is in a locker is a different keybind/action than grabbing someone while they're entering or leaving a locker, both of which have short windows where they can be done and where the killer will usually be denied either.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I did this against a Nurse and then I Head On stunned her and she DC’d. It was a fun game.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

People use it to ######### with the killer. If you hop in a locker you can force the killer to eat a ds stun instead of having the killer leave you on the ground. there for artificially forcing the killer to chase you longer than they need to. This is why you see ds becoming more and more of a perk to aggro the killer than it is as a means to stop them from tunneling you.

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253

Because they have DS or Head on or they are pretending to have it (or might have inner strength).

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Sometimes you can tell that you wont make it to the next loop or pallet or ever to save yourself.(Its is when im injured all ready that i do that. If im healthy i don't.

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

Well there are few reasons, sometimes you want to vault but click near locker space. Sometimes to evade mayers tomb stone or other insta downs. To take killer more time. and so on.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Or they're hoping that the weird, buggy grabs just let them get away untouched when they quickly pop in and out and your M1 tries to grab so you're standing there like a jerk.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

I do it on accident when I'm prepping to vault a window, especially in shack, forgetting there's a locker that vacuums you straight to it.

Happened to me yesterday, I somehow avoided 2 hits but instead of vaulting the window, I jumped in both lockers. It was embarrassing, a little frustrating, and really hilarious all at once.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

Getting a grab that actually happens!? Astounding

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

Depends. If I have DS and head on, I might be trying a double stun. If you're lunging, I might hop in a locker trying to juke the hit. If you're Bubba, I'm probably avoiding your chainsaw.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Time is a luxury for a survivor. Anything that can extend it before being downed is a positive for a survivor and a negative for a killer. 2 seconds is enough to change the course of a match. If they pop the last gen and he/she jumps out immediately after you hit the locker, they may have adrenaline then the chase continues. Its all about time management.

• dark_bassist
    dark_bassist Member Posts: 6

Or to make the killer think they do have DS and see if it respects it

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

On the clowns map there that window is right next to the locker, damn that thing gets me sometimes. Run to close to it and try to vault, and bam you in the locker getting grabbed.

LOL

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

A lot of the time i'll do it to bait a hit against a Legion, Bubba or Billy and it usually works. Their cooldown is long enough to fast vault out of the locker and make a little distance.

• surv43
    surv43 Member Posts: 331

it's still longer than getting a hit right away. Delaying the moment of pleasure

• Gamerpoop
    Gamerpoop Member Posts: 34

I do it against the chainsaw bros and the demogorgon to avoid the special attacks

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Sometimes when I loop in the shack I go to vault the window but instead it makes me go in the locker

• RoseyDevlin
    RoseyDevlin Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2020

I do it in 2 ways since I use quick and quiet with head on, loop the killer once near the pallet/closet then vanish into the closet without being seen for atleast till head on activates, it usually works for me. But either the killer can't see you go into one or you got enough distance for perk to activate.

But if its on cooldown or I don't have those 2 perks with me then just to avoid getting close hit while your injured. Its way more risky but definitely gives few seconds more chase time. Or you have decisive strike active and killer wants to tunnel you, they expect the DS but not head on most times.

So when I play survivor you would probably see me using closet tactics a lot and vanish during chases but I usually do it when I'm injured or its exposed status.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,164

I do it with tier 3 Myers so he has to hook me instead of being able to grab and mori me.

I've done it when injured when killer has Franklin's so I wouldn't drop my item.

To waste killers time - they think I'm running DS or Head On so they'll hesitate because they are afraid of a stun. Give my teammates that little extra time to work on gens.

• Rmgaming98275
    Rmgaming98275 Member Posts: 14

As a killer I just set my phone for 60 sec for D's to go away,and wait for head to go away too especially if I know gens aren't being done

• iplaybothsides
    iplaybothsides Member Posts: 33

Honestly grabs are so broken a lot of times people jump in and out really quick and it forces a grab which then doesn't connect so the game just kinda derps and they get away. Kinda rare, but as a last ditch effort it's not a bad play.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Never respect the DS, either eat it or make them look like fools hahahaha

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

Depending on the killer and what they prefer, it can waste a LOT of time.

Leatherface: as said, if you jump in right as he's about to go into tantrum mode, this can waste a lot of his time.

Pig: One of the best killers to use this strat on at the base - if she wants to put a RBT on you, she has to go through the locker opening/grab animation, then put your body down, put the RBT on, then pick you back up. Wastes a TON of time.

Nurse: Blink fatigue gives you the opportunity to come out and run again, or Head On her and stun her even further.

Demo: shred is similar to Nurse - gives you the chance to escape.

Oni: if he's preparing to use his Demon Strike, same as above.

Plague: if she has her Corrupt Purge, same as above.

Plus, like everyone else said - forcing DS, or preventing/stalling moris (if the killer insists on using the mori, they have to drop the person and do it), etc

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited July 2020

ds/ds bait, they hit the vault prompt too early and jump in a locker instead or they have nowhere to go

Edit oh and let's not forget dedicated grabs

• Raven1984
    Raven1984 Member Posts: 41

I only do it if the mood takes me. 😂 Why not have a last second of fun before my butt gets scewered. Kebab time