Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is the graphics update gonna include updated visual changes for survivors and killers?

Paces007
Paces007 Member Posts: 32

Now, don't get me wrong, some of the killers and survivors in the game look great. But there are few that didn't age so well (Michael Myers - Isn't so bulky in the movies, mask is way thinner,the haircut is different and shorter. The Trapper - The base Trapper looks like a figure made out of plastic, etc.) So... are killers and survivors also getting updated? (Comparison between the movie mask and the in-game mask below)

(BTW I know im being picky as #########)

Comments

• Paces007

Yeah i know but can then make it at least somewhat more faithful to the movie? (Not completely copy it, we don't wan't a lawsuit like F13)

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

I mean, it's about as close as they can get right now. Infringement laws are a pretty broad range, so I doubt they could get any closer.

• Paces007

Well damn :/, well the mask looks decent anyways, It's more of a personal thing for me since im a huge slasher fan and the original Halloween is my favourite slasher. Well, have a good day.

• SloppyKnockout
    edited July 2020

Put it this way - remember back in like 2008 (not sure how old you are) when Apple sued Samsung because Samsung's tablet kind of looked like Apples tablet from across the room with the lights off? And they won like...2 billion or something? Yeah, that's how broad patent/infringement laws are.

• Octobersmoke
    Octobersmoke Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2020

I mean what you're saying about licensing and all, there's no debating that, but look at H1 compared to H2. The mask in H2 doesn't look anything like H1 and it's the same exact mask as the original, just stretched out because Dick Warlock's head was bigger than Nick Castle's (for anyone that didn't know that lol). Just saying, I agree with OP, you can make the mask look 10x better without actually replicating it identically.

And if they're not gonna change it, they should add another costume and make an H4/H6 style masks or even something like H20, even though that mask isn't nearly as scary as the rest imo.

Also, wth is up with the size of killers hands? Michael and Freddy look like their hands were stung by a hundred bees.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

They said itll have graphically for them as well as animation updates , tile updates etc

• SloppyKnockout

I mean, possibly.

But I also think the new lighting will do the mask absolute wonders.

Actually, most of the character models in DBD are quite amazing, it's just that they are toned down in game due to the graphics engine. If you want to see Myers, for example, with excellent lighting and extremely high quality rendering...you tell me the lighting here doesn't make it look infinitely better.

• Octobersmoke
    Octobersmoke Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2020

Yeah, no, the lighting definitely does help. But there are things that are also just weird and totally should be changed imo.

The big "lines" on the side of the maks, where the sideburns were removed from the actual mask and just left big glue trails... those look like veins in Michael's head in game lol. Idk if the devs even knew what the marks on the mask were in the first place, but that's just a minor thing anyway, I suppose.

The coveralls absolutely need work, 100%. And if Michael's "hospital" attire is available, they should add the bandage mask from the beginning of H4, even though it's only used in like one scene. Still just looks goofy with the mask and hospital gown lol.

I guess really I'd just like to see another mask that looks similar to a sequel added to the game. That would be good enough for me (even though who gives a sh** what I think haha) :D

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Hope the facial animations of survivors in-game will look more realistic. Also I would love to see Cheryl looking more like from the promo concept <3

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Agreed, Michael is in great need of a makeover.

The hair aside from looking bad is so short in the back of the mask, the neck of the mask looks more like it's grafted to his skin due to how close it is to his neck, and I can't look at his wrists without thinking he's wearing a skin suit when facing him directly. The face is semi-decent with the exception of the overbite-style upper lip(horrendously noticeable in profile shot), but they could do a better facelift here and there.

• CJCA915
    CJCA915 Member Posts: 56

I imagine they'll go back to the original 3D models from which they created the in-game character models and simply replace the current ones with higher resolution versions of the existing assets.