Pyramid Head Mains here me out

Options

How do you feel if Punishment of the Damned creates a trail of torment when you fire it?

Comments

• Popcornchicken11
    Popcornchicken11 Member Posts: 110
    Options

I think it might be a little to strong , but i still think its a good idea. Makes the ranged attack more enticing if they aren't already tormented

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    Options

Its fine. I dont use cages not that much i ussually want every survivor to have torment so i can use the cages on special situations. OR for the mini mori of course.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

Idk. I think it would have been cooler if one of the rarer add-ons made it that way instead of, say, hemorrhage. I kinda wish one of them removed the torment effect from the trail and added it to the punishment. I miss very rare and ultra rare add-ons that altered how the killer's power worked.

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177
    Options

Not a pyramid main, but I'd like it. Might be a bit strong, since it'd almost guarantee you get a cage, but I already feel like I barely get to use cages anyways, so idk.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    Options

Just drop your torment poop under the pallet. Its not hard to get people tormented.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,511
    Options

That's one of the changes I wanted him to get.

PH is honestly really weak if you play him against decent survivors in the red ranks.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

I feel like it makes the trails worthless. I love the dynamic where the survivor can choose to step on a trail to extend loop

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I feel like hitting them with the ranged attack should apply torment.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

The only thing I want done to his ranged attack is making zoning weaker in exchange for making it easier to actually land the shot. It works so heavily against you and the fact that pretending to use a wall-penetrating shockwave ranged attack is so vastly superior of a strat than using the attack itself really bothers me.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,265
    Options

Maybe if it only appears a second or two after so you don't get torment on survivors with the ranged attack but you still get some area covered in torment.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,199
    Options

I disagree, Before his nerf to the cages, I went on 25k 4k streak with him at rank 1 vs red ranks. The main strategy with him is to find one person, torment them, down them and than cage them across map knowing that their teammate are nearby for instant unhook, than you can chase survivor knowing there is no DS and get an easy 2 hook(This is known as Tunneling). As for punishment of the damn, If they're zoned in a corner, you can just keep spamming range attack until they make a mistake and fail to dodge, otherwise, against other loops, you need to mix between faking the ability and getting M1 or predicting pallet drop than using M2. I stopped playing after cage change mainly because I find it annoying to play as him right now because I feel like I can't multi-task chase anyone while simultaneously defending my cages and it just feels like your fighting against your own power. I would argue that he is 3rd best killer in the game when played perfectly, but its really draining to play him now against Sweat squads. I just wish they bring back his aura on cages since normal hooks have auras. I understand that there are some killers can be dicks and instantly tunnel the survivor out of the game, but I like leave the survivor at 2nd hook and do many chases with them because I find it fun to chase survivors and I'll only start killing survivors when its like 1 generator because I'm about to lose. oh well.

Some people say that he has no counter-play and I am not sure if they're actually serious or just joking. If you mean in the sense that you can't loop safe filler pallets and loop jungle gyms in the traditional sense, they're right about that, but to say that killer has no counter-play implies that you can't have long chases vs him and that games outcomes are predefined. I will say that his 1vs1 is probably 4th strongest 1vs1 in the game if played perfectly but it is not very likely you will face best pyramid heads all the time. I think major strategies to know against him while playing survivor is knowing how to preserve key pallets, knowing your distances in which you can bait him into using his power on window/pallets to try to make him doubt his reads and knowing when you should pre-throw pallets to gain gain distance from pallet breaks. No doubt that he is tough killer to beat, but I think that is how killers should be. strong in 1vs1, difficult to beat/bully, but be beatable.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

It would make sense as an addon, but I don't think it should be basekit.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited July 2020
    Options

Personally, I just like the idea of changing one of his arguably useless VR add-ons like Rust Colored Egg, or Crimson Ceremony Book from their current effects to one that applies Torment if you manage to down a survivor with the Punishment of the Damned attack. To me, that seems like an effect that is worthy of a Very Rare add-on.