Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What is the point of the endgame being as it is today?

Options
str4dlin
str4dlin Member Posts: 5

Maybe it's because of my ignorance as a player, but:

What is the point of the endgame being as it is today?

I explain. If the survivors make 0 generators and I kill three people as a killer, the hatch is activated. And even with that, if you close the hatch, which is not easy, since it is not usually the goal for the killer at first, the doors are still activated.

This results in the following. As a killer I can have a 5-minute game in which the generators are rushed and everyone lives with 0 advantage for me. But if in a game I am the one who plays better, I can kill 3 without generators done. The game is still lengthening and I still give more options to not get my scores for hanging, killing, chasing ...

Maybe I am unaware of the evolution of the game but I understand that if I am (as killer) the one who outplays the survivors, I do not understand that the situation still has to be set against me. Having in account that it is not what happening usually.

Thanks for clarifying this situation for me in advance.

Best Answer

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,805
    Answer ✓
    Options

The entire reason EGC was created was to stop survivors from opening the exit gate and refusing to leave. Some survivors would be mean to the killer this way or do things like hide nearby just to waste the killers time.

Now they are forced to open the gate or risk danger. The killer can also now open the gates he couldn't before.

The hatch spawning and opening with no gnes done IS stupid. I got nothing for ya there.

Answers

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    edited July 2020
    Options

As for hatch spawning, it's the same reason they made EGC start when you close it. Previously if your entire team died with less than 2 gens done, the chance of surviving was against a competent killer since they can gen patrol until they find and kill you, given survivors had no chance of escaping, they would just hide and waste a load of time.

The alternative is starting the EGC, without giving the survivor a chance to even try for hatch. I think the devs wanted to avoid a situation where a survivor was completely hopeless for any chance of escape due to no fault of their own, which is why the hatch spawning was changed.

Basically the hatch is supposed to be a last resort to give that last survivor some hope of escape, that basically wouldn't exist otherwise.

• str4dlin
    Options

Thanks for answer. I understand now the context.

Still I find hatch is not necesary because Is not easy for a killer kill 3 with no gens and in the case you are giving a free way to escape the last one and killer have harder to do challenges, points.. or whatever. It should be another way but not a free hatch you just press click and good bye. Not fair.

• RIPLegion
    RIPLegion Member Posts: 50
    Options

I’m a noob at the game so I find the hatch spawning with no gems done kinda useful. But that’s just my dumb opinion lol.

• str4dlin
    edited July 2020
    Options

@RIPLegion of course it is usefull, there is the problem for me as main killer :D

I think it is not deserved. For killer is hard to outplay to the point 3 survivors are dead before gens are done and it giving still the chance for survivor and we losing points and challenges we deserved...

Of course the game is as it is but... Survivors have it so easy.

• RIPLegion
    RIPLegion Member Posts: 50
    Options

I think the reason why the hatch actually spawn when no gens are done is because the killer now has the power to close it and start endgame. If anything I think when the killer closes the hatch it kinda makes it unfair for the survivor. This is because the killer can just either patrol the exit gates as there is only one survivor, or they could guard the two gates until the endgame timer finishes and the survivor dies.