About cross-progression not coming to console

Console and PC players make up probably 99% of the community, so not being able to transfer between the two is definitely a bummer. But, console has always kind of been like that outside of a few notable exceptions unless your game data is tied to another party, which is what I believe Destiny 2 does? I don't know for sure though.

What I mean to say is, it sounded too good to be true, and I guess it was.

And we shouldn't blame BHVR for that, because it's probably not in their hands.

But, as someone who put a LOT of time and money into the game on PS4, but doesn't play console at all anymore and desperately wants to switch to PC, the news about cross-progression coming was really exciting, and then suddenly (almost comedically) extremely depressing.

But as I still await the ability to get the DLC I paid for on console to be available on PC, I wonder whether or not there is another option here that we could utilize until cross-progression becomes more of an actual option rather than just a nice dream.

What if, in the shadow of our lost cross-progression, we just had the ability to do a transfer of the paid DLC in the meantime?

If there was a way to get the information on what we own on console to BHVR, they could theoretically send out Steam keys for them right? I don't know if that causes an issue with the licensed killers or not though.

Any thoughts on something like that? 

I'd even settle for just a one time transfer since I'm never going back to console at this point. 

But I very badly do want to get all of my DLC back without spending another, what, like $100, or maybe $50 if I wait for a sale?

That would set me back quite a bit, since I only make about $400 a month right now.

Don't get me wrong, as soon as I know that nothing like that is coming within the foreseeable future, then I'll be periodically buying DLC with every extra few bucks I have, haha.

If I could at least get a guarantee that it's not coming and then have BHVR throw me a Steam sale, then I'd settle for that too.

But I'd love to hear what the community thinks about something like this, and whether or not you guys think BHVR will throw us some kind of bone like that.

I hope none of that sounded entitled or anything, I'm sure the devs gave it their best effort, and they didn't owe us anything at all in the first place.

So don't let any of this come off as me complaining, it's mostly just brainstorming a work around.

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,771

My theory is that they're testing it on Switch, PC, and Stadia, where they know not many people play so if something goes wrong they'll be able to fix it before releasing it to the general public.

Alternatively Microsoft and Sony are just being arseholes, which is why Windows Store won't be getting Cross-Progression either, which would also be a crying shame.

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

when did this get announced?

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I sincerely hope they get it for ps4 and xbox. Ive spent countless hours and soh these last few years supporting this game. Now i can finally live my dream of pc mustard race but have to go back to my xbone to play dbd.

Please please please bhvr. Add cross purchase/progression so i dont lose my hundreds of pounds worth of dlc and cosmetics. if i cant get it ill just stop playing altogether tbh

• Lantern
    Lantern Member Posts: 12

Well according to a few sites I've seen, BHVR said something like "we don't know when or even if it will come to consoles."

So I don't think it's just a test

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

"As of today, we cannot make Cross-Progression available on other platforms and we have no guarantee that it will happen. However, we know that this is a community wish, and we will keep trying to make it happen."

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954

Please, Post your sources when you make a claim about "BHVR said..."