[PC Steam] Booted by EAC every time there's an update

adversary96
adversary96 Member Posts: 1

Every time there's a patch, doesn't matter what size, I get booted by EAC the first time I get into a match. It doesn't matter if I'm Survivor, Killer, what map it's on, or anything. About 30 - 90 seconds into the start of a match I get booted.

Each time I then pull up the game properties on Steam & have it verify the files, and it usually has to reaquire between 2 - 5 unspecified files. After I do that, the game runs fine again.

I don't know if it's an issue with how the game updates through Steam or what. I've never modded any files. But this happens every time.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Ashgan
    Ashgan Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2020

Same here, I posted about this on steam but I don't know if they don't check steam of if it's a hard to reproduce bug on their end or whatever but this is the only game I've ever had that problem and so far any fixes I've heard from others have not worked... and I don't have the greatest of internets right now... not due to choice but no provider wants to put up the capitol to do it and it sucks to have to download a patch only to then have to download almost the same amount all over again... Why doesn't it work the first time...

This has been going on for quite some time too... I think at least since the release of The Cannibal if not earlier.