Potential for Jason

It would seem that in lieu of certain events happening in certain games that it wouldn't be too hard right now for the powers-that-be to reach out to help make mr. Voorhees find himself in the realm of entity.It all boils down to acquisition of license Now is the time it would make a lot of fans dream come true, to see Jason in DBD

Comments

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

Trapper and Jason are very similar anyway.

• SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
    Yes yes they are. But I feel like he needs a place in the Entities realm.
  • mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153

I would love to see Jason in DBD he would make the devs so much money cause alot of people want him in the game, hopefully one day it will happen.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Not going to happen anytime soon.

F13 doesn't even have the rights anymore. So stop.

• Dante_
    Dante_ Member Posts: 9

Very unlikely to happen, but I wouldn't mind him being in the game.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Well Jason is stuck in the realm of legal issues right now.
     F13 the game can't even update their game anymore due to the lawsuit and I highly doubt that Jason would be added in here all because of the lawsuit. Jason is in a tough place right now. In fact this lawsuit is the very reason we haven't even gotten a new F13 movie as well. 
  • SH1FTY423
    I understand which is why it's the perfect time. It will settle eventually when it dose the character license will be for sale in theory.As for the F13 game drama I feel like I saw this coming as an opportunity for the Devs to bail on the fans without looking guilty. #JASON4DEADBYDAYLIGHT
  • mdg2018

JASON4DEADBYDAYLIGHT

• mdg2018

.#JASON4DEADBYDAYLIGHT

• SH1FTY423
    #Jason4DeadByDaylight
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

You folks just need a Jason Vorhees cosmetic set for Trapper.

• SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246

@Peasant said:
    You folks just need a Jason Vorhees cosmetic set for Trapper.

Jason and the Trapper are not the same. Similar, yes but not the person. One kills Counselors to carry on mothers work, they let him die and because they killed his mother. I would explain why the trapper kills but i don't know his lore. The point Jason has Mommy issues in sense and his Perks would be completely different from The Trappers and his ability. probably similar in a ways but not so close like Leather face and Billy.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

I had a (long shot) idea for Jason should he ever be added to DBD. His power would actually be more similar to the Hag than the Trapper, but the idea is there would be shrines to Pamela distributed across the map, and Jason would be able to teleport to these shrines as long as he is in range. While in range of these shrines, the Survivors experience severe inefficiency to aura reading (to give the survivors a greater sense of loneliness), and multiple survivors within range of the shrine will reveal their auras to Jason. The survivors would be able to disarm the shrines, but would cause them to be Exposed. Jason cannot teleport to "defiled" shrines, but can reactivate them (similar to how the Trapper can reset traps). Yes, this would mean Jason would be an M1 killer.

• SH1FTY423
    Now is the time to go after the license the lawsuit is over Victor wins.So now is the time for the Entity to snatch Jason into the fog.
  • SH1FTY423
    #Jason4DeadByDaylight
  • SH1FTY423
    The new Chrome masks for trapper are a knod to Uber Jason
  • Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Yeah, I agree!
  • CoolAKn

@SH1FTY423 said:
    Now is the time to go after the license the lawsuit is over Victor wins.So now is the time for the Entity to snatch Jason into the fog.

Does that allow F13 to produce more content? If it revives F13 (a game where he's the main focus), it might make it impossible to include him in DBD (a game where he has to share the spotlight with others).

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I don't think the developers wanna risk a lawsuit by some whiny rightholder

• aras1377
    aras1377 Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2018

it would be nice of them if they add jason and thats the fact , they're not gonna do it because @crypraz already said , trapper is very similar to jason so it could feel like you're playing as jason , and actually jason uses the traps too so they would be the same thing . i'd advice you to just select trapper and act like you're playing as jason vorhees, but i have an idea to let jason in the game somehow without disturbing gun media about their game , they could just add some stuff from jason to trapper such as weapons or clothes , we all know what makes jason so famous and special and one of these things is that crazy "HOCKY MASK" :/,
    so i think they could add the hocky mask and some clothes from jason and thats it we have successfully cooked a brand new trapper vorhees for ourselves

• SH1FTY423
    edited October 2018
    There not gonna do it cause License and Rites Holders can't get their greedy ######### togather long enough to move the Franchise forward in any Form of Media
  • Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Plus that seems, well... stupid, in my opinion. There’s no point in trying to purchase rights- Jason would most likely be SUPER expensive.
  • SH1FTY423
    edited October 2018
    Yea I'm to the point where Id be happy with PinHead and CandyMan
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@SH1FTY423 said:
    Now is the time to go after the license the lawsuit is over Victor wins. So now is the time for the Entity to snatch Jason into the fog.

I don't suppose you have any perk ideas? Or a power idea?

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Cypraz said:
    Trapper and Jason are very similar anyway.

Peoples (me included) were saying this for Leatherface and Hillbilly back then.

One of the last things i still trust the Devs to do is making creative game mechanics.

• CoolAKn

@Peasant said:

@SH1FTY423 said:
    Now is the time to go after the license the lawsuit is over Victor wins. So now is the time for the Entity to snatch Jason into the fog.

I don't suppose you have any perk ideas? Or a power idea?

Here's my what-if post for Jason. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/16434/what-if-friday-the-13th#latest

Some adjustments I would make is there would be 5 shrines that cause the Blindness status effect to all survivors inside the range of the shrine. Each shrine would have enough range to cover the whole map (they would need to be percentage based, so they can be just as effective on large maps as they are on small maps without being overpowering), with obvious overlap. The biggest aspect of his power would be to create the sense of loneliness.

It's almost 8am, so I don't have the mental capacity to re-adjust the perk ideas for the time being.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@SH1FTY423 said:
    It would seem that in lieu of certain events happening in certain games that it wouldn't be too hard right now for the powers-that-be to reach out to help make mr. Voorhees find himself in the realm of entity.It all boils down to acquisition of license Now is the time it would make a lot of fans dream come true, to see Jason in DBD

how bout no, f13 the game didnt go well with the license, these devs would be smart not to get it