So Devs... Can you rework moris?

Options

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Thank you for finally proposing the solution that keys and moris deserve. I now see that since keys have contested moris thus far, that they are not worthy of the privileges normally given to items, such as transferring them between survivors and finding them in chests. And of course you added the fact that keys don't leave the hatch open and a hatch opening animation, both of which proposed by myself in the past and I am glad to see articulated so well here. The mori change is fun and encourages players on both sides to try harder instead of give up or slack off. Brilliant work.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275
    Options

Don't worry I will use all my moris as soon as I can and I hope my fellows killers will do the same

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Why would the devs care about the petty squabbling between "factions" on the forums? I think the devs should make changes at their own convenience because I trust that the devs will eventually keep their promises and make everybody happy, requesting ridiculous things like always changing both sides at the same time is just going to slow down their progress.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@Peanits

LMAO The fact that you had to point out that this thread isn't about keys is hilarious. 😂

People always seem to do this when someone brings up moris as if there is a lack of threads about keys.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

I agree. Targeting specific types of players with game mechanics generally considered to be unfair is not constructive and is definitely immature.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

How is this related to the thread? Do you want moris changed? If not, please explain your position and we can have a civil discussion.

• LaMeR
    LaMeR Member Posts: 47
    edited July 2020
    Options

Moris shouldn't be modified.

Most of survivors are toxic bully SWF doing rushgen and completing the game in 5 minutes. Nerfing mori is like to debuff killers more and more, in a game that is already clearly survivor sided.Maybe let's remove noed ,the hooks and why not let's delete all weapons of the killers so we chase survivors by launching stones ,while they escape with that lame decisive strike 😂😂

• Only1alt
    Only1alt Member Posts: 18
    Options

This are some amazing ideas, and I would love to see them implemented. Too bad devs probably wouldnt use these ideas.

• clem1710
    Options

No need for a civil discussion when the only argument of OP is "moris are unfun to play against" and then the devs say "ok no problem we'll nerf them". Dbd forums in a nutshell

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Tbf, moris have been a topic of discussion for years. Pointing out that moris are unfun to play against is a simple way of introducing the topic, and the devs were aware of the community enough to know that moris and keys are a very hot topic and have been for a long time, hence their readiness to offer their position on the topic. Perhaps you are correct in suggesting that there is no room for further discussion.

• clem1710
    Options

Yeah I know that my killer opinion would not be listened

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253
    Options

I dunno I play killer mostly, but I do play survivor as well. I was suggesting that keys could only be used near the end of the trial - I should have said for one survivor only, an oversight on my part.

• theman0864
    theman0864 Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2020
    Options

Yeah Ebany Mori literally takes about 60% of the killers objective out of a match. Could you imagine if survivors had an offering that made all gens only take 32 seconds. Mori is the dumbest thing in the game. I am not going to spend another penny on dbd until Mori's are at least reworked slightly.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

i mean. Most offering are useless or dont have a significant effect on gameplay. Coins just remove or add chests, which dont really do much unless you get lucky and find a key. But that isnt the coin offerings being op, thats a key being op. The oak offerings? they dont do anything. and BP offerings dont do much either.

Why should moris, an offering, be something that greatly changes the flow of the game in the killer's favor?

Giving the mori the ability to turn the tides of the match would only be fair if survivors had an ultra rare offering that made them immune to moris. or an ultra rare offering that spawned more pallets.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I'm just saying this because it makes sense. They normally can't make changes to both sides because there isn't much the community can agree on being equal.

However 9/10 of the community agree that both keys and moris are equal. The fact that Peanits mentioned keys are also being looked at is a sign to me they know this.

It isn't slowing down progress asking for keys and moris to be nerfed at the same time. It's just common sense. If they waited 3 months or even a month and a half between these nerfs your just asking for trouble.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225
    Options

Mori and keys are not the same. Imagine a surv finishing a gen, and automatically he escape. This is the same as a mori.

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498
    Options

i think it should be 2 people on deathook befor you can mori

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Bummer if they are reworking them, neither keys or moris bother me at all. In fact I like both of them.

They do what they are supposed to do, unbalance the game in one direction or the other. Mori used to be usable without hooking, now its usable after one hook guess the next thing will be usable after 2 hooks, how long until people complain then about how they get tunneled down after second hook.

I guess the counter will be keys can only be used once exit gates are powered? But then we'll all be whining that survivors don't even have to open the gates to escape. Guess I'll have to use up my moris and keys while I can and go on a slaughter/escape fest.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Why should an offering or item completely swing the balance of the game?

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    Options

While I think the mori rework is a little convoluted this is the best fix I have heard or read for both Key's & mori's. Good job!

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Options

I do this ngl ...Since I can reopen the game before the others even get the "match is cancelled" message, it makes no difference to me.

And to further point that survivor queues are a lot faster now too (and killer isn't), I'll happily send a killer back to their 8 minute queue.

Nerf mories to 2nd hook, then I'll stop doing this.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I've got over 100 ebonies on some killers, I don't think I'm gonna do that.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Imagine not completing a gen, killer closes hatch and guards both doors.. yet you still escape lol that's called a key.

Look in all seriousness they are both busted. Both are free wins and escapes. Both are rewarding you for not fully completing your objective.

I'd say the only difference is that as killer you need to hook survivors so you may never have a chance to use your mori. However if a key was brought into the match as long as the killer doesn't have Franklin's or the key has an on death add-on then you have an opportunity to use it. Also keys can be looted, which is extremely easy with plunders.

They are both equally broken and give huge advantages that shouldn't exist in this game. They honestly are the only thing I see as truely broken in this game.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited July 2020
    Options

How about after the first gen, ebony mori's are powered by gens. So every gen that gets done they get one mori. Getting 4 mori kills now requires them all to be done.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited July 2020
    Options

There's nothing wrong with moris and there's nothing wrong with keys.

The problem is the devs direction are all over the place. The game is built up like it's a survivial game where you got to plan and get away from the killer but there is virtually nothing on the maps besides loops and pallets considerably reducing fear as meta-game run around the same object style comes out on top.

The blood web is set up to get more items and addons but the number of items and addons haven't been added too for a long time so really after a certain point all you are doing is stacking and rarity has little impact-as survivor-. More so now that survivors don't lose an item at zero charge. Which is fine but it further reduces the horror trope of strict resources and having to use what you can or YOU personally will go without something you spent points or looted.

Offerings are the same. They're meant to be a hidden ace in the hole that changes the outcome of the match in some way but almost all offerings for killers are utterly worthless and not worth taking. This is amplified by point booster offerings and their common occurence which has turned that precious single slot into a meta-more blood point grind tool. This means the only offerings you got that are worth a damn...that have any real effect for you as killer are moris....or blood point boosters. What...you gonna play a shroud of seperation so your targets can split up and gen pressure while you have to chase one?...nope.

The game is meant to have all these sort of hidden choices: from addons, to other players, to builds, to hidden killers and even not exactly knowing what type of item the killer is looking at until they feel its effect. Yet SWF directly contradict this set up because you can prep and know exactly who is going to run what, coordinate and understand who is what, why and get how they play while in NORMAL matches.

The game is directionally all over the place and almost none of these issues are resolved or even really addressed by the devs. It's one of the reason SWF is a toxic mine field from both sides whenever anyone mentions it.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,138
    edited July 2020
    Options

Tombstone Myers has even less counter-play than ebony mori. Myers could effectively not chase you for entire game, in fact he could play the game normally as T2 and then he find you just once and its boom 99 T3->Instant kill. I don't think they will weaken Judith Tombstone because they have a acheivement called Evil Incarnate that requires them to keep Infinity EV3 and Judith Tombstone in the game, but I do think that Purple tombstone eventually will be removed from his add-on list or at least severely weakened to like only work on 3rd hook. Its same with Ebony Mori and Ivory mori really, Its really super easy to fix, just make on 3rd hook. Its very bullshit mechanic at the moment and I don't it mori has ever been "well designed" in entire lifespan of DBD. Like at one point, it literally worked on first hook. The only reason why Mori exist in the form that they do right now is because SWF is either just as broken or more broken than this offering and whats super ironic about it is that people use this offering with other really strong killer add-on(Like Iridescent head) to purposely be toxic. Its same with using keys in middle of the match. Its very ironic when survivors say "GG EZ" when they escape with a key. Its like... you didn't outplay me, you just used a bullshit item that instantly wins the match for you. Keys and Mori are hollow victories and I do not think that either side will mind if they're completely gutted for sake of better game quality.

I think killer strength should be depicted in their Ultra-rare add-on selection if they need more power to win a match rather than a offering such as this one. I would rather face strong killer add-on than face Ebony mori as survivor. At least when your facing iri heads, the huntress has to actual hit shots and know how to play huntress where as stuff like mori are practically skill less in all regards and in my opinion has no place in the game.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

No...... because Moris are always OP and unfun.

SWF groups can be total trash and easy games. In fact, I'd argue most of them are

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options
  • sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194
    Options

Does anyone remember when Instant Healing was going to be nerfed? All survivors spent them without regard to game balance.

I am almost certain that this will be repeated but now on the killer side. 👀

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    Options

I'd like to raise an objection on Tombstone.

Tombstone has more counterplay than an Ebony Mori.

If you hide in a locker Myers can't tombstone you (Which I want changed, but only for the full Judith's Tombstone. Keep it for Tombstone Piece though.)

If Tombstone Myers is running Judith's + Tuft, (Which 90% of Tombstone Myers run) he needs to stalk 3 and a half survivors completely to hit EW3. Even one survivor hiding will prevent him from getting enough stalk to hit EW3. There's also a severe movement speed penalty with Judith's, which requires Play With Your Food and an easily accessible obsession to farm stacks off of.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    Options

Don't ask that question, we'll never actually get to a result.

Every, every, mori/key thread is constantly responded with "CAN'T FIX ONE UNTIL WE FIX THE OTHER FIRST, END OF DISCUSSION LALALA"

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Because they usually don't. Because it's frustrating.

• trevorj91
    trevorj91 Member Posts: 30
    Options

It's almost hard to think someone came up with an idea to help rather than just complaining. Nice work man.

However, if keys can't be found, then you'll only get 4-5 per blood web, which I don't think is enough. With the 1 person per key, I think keys would be much more balanced and not need any significant changes.

In terms of moris, I like the token system, but with a tweak. I think it would be better if each mori only allowed one kill but only after something like 7/5/3 tokens (after survivor has still been hooked at least once of course). It would remove the desire for killer to tunnel one guy AND not put someone at risk of getting early mori'd due too awful teammates.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Nah I think green Mori - being able to kill one survivor by your own hand is perfectly fine to equal a key. Ebony is kind of excessive. There is already enough of the kill all survivors by your own hand built into perks and abilities. Survivors need a movement nerf. That’s one thing they do need. As far as moris. Just remove the ebony. The key isn’t even as big of deal because most of the time you don’t even get to use it. Ebony Mori’s get used every time you bring one. It’s almost impossible not to get 3 Mori’s at least with ebony Mori’s.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Survivors 360ing you is quite ridiculous. I’m sorry but I don’t feel like breaking my analog stick trying to hit a survivor. The ebony Mori’s and keys I would be perfectly okay with eliminating both entirely.

• PotatoSurv119
    PotatoSurv119 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Moris I agree with fixing, especially with how Micheal can just grab you when you're in full health and kill you fast. But keys??? No. I especially don't agree with the idea of having the hatch be on a cool down of 60 secs since that's way too much game time taken away and every second in the game counts. I also don't agree with having a short charge on the hatch since 9 times out of 10, the killer is literally right behind you as you run to the hatch. You're making suggestions that will make the killers OP. The game will lose players if the devs do this bs tbh.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I'm sorry but the idea of you have to bring in x perk to counter it shouldn't really be a thing.

You can't say they counted it with Franklin's and then suggest Bassline counters for mori.

Franklin's demise should be an extra punishment for items in general it shouldn't be seen as the sole way balance keys.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474
    Options

@PotatoSurv119 ...It's Michael F'n Myers...that's what he does...

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I would argue that map offerings can and do change the outcome of a match regularly. So do toolboxes with brand new parts in the hands of survivors who know how and when to use them. Even flashlights can change the balance completly. (especially vs hag for example, not even needed to blind). So, do you want them all removed too?

Or don´t you agree they change the balance as well (i would agree that they don´t change it as drasticly as moris, but they still do.)

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    edited July 2020
    Options

Why complain about moris when you can just dodge the loading screen if you hate moris so much. I like the way moris are and see no problem with them however it is the way a killer uses moris that upsets others because most killers mori off 1st hook instead of 2nd. In my opinion, it is more rewarding for the killer to do the latter and gives an acceptable match for survivors.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

I personally think a green mori is fair. I have never been in a match where I found a green mori to be unfair. It can be a huge game changer sure, but it isn't BS like an ebony is. Keys on the other hand, fck those man they are never fair at any point, outside of the green ones.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

Obviously, that would be the least desirable of my suggestions, but I'd prefer that to nothing. At this point, I'm throwing every idea I have out there because moris need to be addressed yesterday.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Can you read the post before mindlessly comment? Thanks.

• katsumodo47
    katsumodo47 Member Posts: 54
    Options

Moris and keys should just be removed from the game. Simple

• mentalpopcorn
    mentalpopcorn Member Posts: 181
    Options

If moris get reworked then sfw should be disabled. This is the single best add-on to punish toxic sfw players, and they absolutely deserve it.

• Username52
    Username52 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Agreed. I think you should be allowed to be killed if you're dead on hook. I run Mori on killer if I think the survivors are sweats, and I mostly never use it.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,146
    Options

You are letting your bias show. If you think moris are bad because they take away part of a killers objective and let them kill someone too quickly. Then keys are also a problem.

• Bellysmacker
    Bellysmacker Member Posts: 58
    Options

Idk if i would call the new franklins a nerf to keys. It still takes 90 seconds for an item to disappear. I have tried it out in red ranks ps4 and i think i have had 1 pink map be consumed so far. If you really expect franklins to work you have to waste a lot of time around the item to ensure no on gets it especially if any swf playing but then gens are just getting done. I don't really think i would call it a nerf to anything honestly. Also franklins only works on basic attacks. This perk is also base kit for a killer who uses an instadown chainsaw. How does that make sense lol?