So Devs... Can you rework moris?

Options

Out of the 3K hours I have in this game I don’t know what else to say other than moris are unfun to go against, most of the killers 1 hook Mori and tunnel, it boosts killers egos through the roof, it either makes a match super short or super long. Not to mention this Subject is probably one of the most complained/most talked about on these forums other than keys and the occasional Decisive Strike.

Comments

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

Bring a Mori, get 2 hooks with any specific survivor and their 3rd is an automatic mori. Problem solved.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

They just nerfed keys with the Franklin's buff. So they best be doing something with moris real soon!

The first response to this thread had some good ideas, but here a few I've had over the years:

• Make moris only work if you are on death hook
    • Make moris only work if another survivor was hooked between your first and second hooks (this prevents tunneling)
    • Release a counter to the mori (a perk, an item or something)

If and only if they have changed moris, they can then address keys:

• Escape keys can't be found in chests OR they can only be found in chests when 1 survivor remains
    • Escape keys only allow the key holder to escape
    • Alongside any changes, the dull key needs to have a different model than the escape keys OR be changed into an entirely different item such as a pocket watch or something.
  • supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,395
    Options

They should just make moris basekit (on death hook) ph can already do this if your tormented and i mean if you go down right next to a hook your dead anyway then make the offerings something else. I only mori personally if i see a key you want to bring something bs im bringing its counter.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

Fix key and second chance perk in the same patch and i dont think many player will complain but if they only change one of them a lot of player will complain

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Make it so you can't mori someone you hook without hooking someone else first.

So if you hook survivor A, you gotta hook survivor B, C or D before you can mori A. Obviously once B, C or D is hooked and A is unhooked they're "marked" for the rest of the match like normal, so if the killer opts to hook them a second time they don't have to go out and make A "mori-able" another time.

Still allows for quicker kills, but directly attacks mori-tunneling in particular. Even if the killer just stays near the hook and downs the rescuer, they gotta actually hook them before they can mori the unhooked survivor, giving them a bit of time to try to get away.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

That would ruin killer fun so no, I’m afraid the forums will be using their veto power on this suggestion.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    Options

Pretty much this. Rework keys and nerf SWF and I'm ok with a mori rework.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 870
    Options

I somewhat get this idea. I for one have at least an honor system when I Ebony Mori. I never chase down the rescued unhooked survivors. I instead hunt down the rescuer. And even after that I hook them when I catch the rescuer. But if said rescuer's rescuer was the one the was rescued and goes for the rescue. Imma done them and Mori. Especially when it's survivors just rushing for rescuing. Because they deserve it instead of going for Gens. IMO.

Although whenever that happens. STILL they after game whine tunneling. Even when I didn't. And have proof. The issue with everyone's suggestions is, how Mori'ing works is they want after a 2nd hook chance. But the death hook, noone will go for a rescue. Meaning they die on the hook. And makes Mori kills pointless. The logic is illogical.

Now this chest idea for keys is great. But I for one would love it for all items. No longer bring in items. Find them instead in chests. But real good items. Rid of Brown/Yellow items. All items come with add-ons but Get Rid of New Parts. Only add-ons allow charges. But like it's said. Have them all found in chests. No more brought in.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225
    Options

If everyone DC at the loading screen (no penalization) when they see a hidden offering no killer would use them. Last time moried was in 2017-2018. End of the problem.

• gunslingers_potatoe
    gunslingers_potatoe Member Posts: 192
    edited July 2020
    Options

Are they on the same priority? do you want to change moris before keys, or the other way around, or both at the same time?

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Imo you guys should take a page from pyramid head..that way the offerings can be changed or even retired and moris can be enjoyed properly

• Katzefratz
    Katzefratz Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hey. I understand your opinion about moris, but you have to deal with it for now. I think the devs will rework moris soon or later.

It is hard to rework an offering of that level. Basically, keys and moris are not compareable. Keys are survivor items and moris are killer offerings. It is not possible to actually compare such different things with each other.

There are some nice ideas to fix this "problem" which were mentioned in this thread.

Since it pushes the killers ego you have to stay calm and let him be. I don't care about getting moried or killed right away, but it is annoying I give you that. Moreover, moris are a problem in terms of the quantity of spawning in the bloodweb. Since I don't play a single mori at all I have a ton of them on every killer. The biggest joke is the rarity of the ebony mori, because I get one every two webs and I don't see any ivory moris.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

You need to change them both at the same time. If you don't want the community to be at each others throats then that's what needs to happen.

The one thing the community seems to be united on is that both are equally game breaking.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Does that include tombstones ? I hope not, they have enough counterplay & downsides as it is.

• Katzefratz
    Options

I think not. Tombstones have to many downsides already.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

What if ebony moris were grayed out most of the time, but upon joining a lobby you'd hear a little ding that meant your mori could be used. What would be the use case in this scenario? Going up against a 4-man SWF! So they can either drop their advantage down to a 3-man to avoid moris, or can enter as a 4-man knowing that there's a fair chance it's going to be tremendously more difficult.

• Katzefratz
    Options

Since the majority is comparing to different thingst you made a good point in the end. I'll give you that. :)

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I hope you stub your toe every day day for the next 6 years

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Give the killers base kit moris. Dying by the hook is so boring and unfun.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Moris and keys are simple. They are fun for one side offering the chance to skip objectives but make the other side feel cheated.

The solution is to nerf them, appeasing the other side but taking away the fun that the items offered.

The other solution would be to offer a bonus so the other side doesnt see them as nothing but a negative.

For example - ebony mori.

What if they stayed the same but survivors were granted a safety pip, or pips were turned off/mmr doesnt count, this way they dont feel cheated when they get tunneled and mori’d off first hook. However they also act as 3 x BPS for the survivors. So now theres an incentive. Yes its going to be a harder game but you’re just playing for bonus points now. Its something to keep killers happy and give survivors a reason to play against them without feeling cheated.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
    edited July 2020
    Options

Rework keys yes, but nerf SWF no. Let’s be real most killers bring moris for SWF groups but IMO it’s stupid. (I main killer btw) you shouldn’t bring an ebony Mori to be a a-hole to a group of friends that want to survive together.

Post edited by Babyyy_Boyy on
  • OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506
    Options

I hope that the changes will come without any announcement. Otherwise you will see nothing but keys and moris everywhere. But you guys are smart enough to know that I think. 

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Options

Tombstone seems fine as the majority of michaels that I’ve went against lose the game because of how long it takes to tier up and by that time all gens are done and a gate is powered.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

on the other hand, not all killers hook-tunnel and mori survivors.

By your argument, moris are fine then?

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Options

how would that makes them a useless offering?!? You still get to kill a survivor with the Mori animation and it makes way more sense considering they’re on death hook. It would be nice not to get Moried in 3 seconds off the hook because my teammate gave me no borrowed time or if your just a stealth killer waiting around the corner to Mori off the hook.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited July 2020
    Options

🦀🦀🦀

Although it may not be feasible it would be nice if there was as little warning as possible when the time comes so there aren't several weeks of mori/key hell.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275
    Options

Most survivor biased ######### I've seen. Most of the times, keys are already used when 4 gens are done.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275
    Options

I'm tired of reading crybaby survivors complain and asking for killers nerfs. Most survivor sided forums ever

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Well, they hinted that a time ago, i have used a mori in every killer game in the past 4+ weeks, and a key in most survivor matches. I wont have the instaheal-disappointment again.

But since the aura change, its hard to play survivor for me, and impossible to play killer (i am colorblind, cant see blood or scratchmarks, and on certain maps even gen auras. with the change, i cant see auras as killer at all.)

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options
  • VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    Options

I'm fine with friends playing together. The problem I have with SWF is when they bully and mock the Killer being extremely toxic.