Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Good Myers Build?

DeadByMyHand
DeadByMyHand Member Posts: 55
edited August 2020 in Ask the Community

Hello, I just bought Myers ( with another killer and 2 survivors) yesterday and was wondering what is the best or good build for Myers. I really want see what you all have for me. When you respond I will try to answer as soon as possible.

Answers

• DeadByMyHand

If nobody answers this I'm closing this at the end of today or 12:00 pm tomorrow.

• DeadByMyHand

I'm sorry I have to say this but for Myers I can only do PGTW. I don't have every killer. The only purchased killers I have are Clown, Myers and Bubba.

• DeadByMyHand

These are the only killers I have. Just so you know, so you don't expect me having all killers.

• Nanglaur
    Nanglaur Member Posts: 124

Considering what you have I will probably run something like this. Im telling you that im not that much of a fan of some of this perks, but they will do the trick to slow the game down a bit, give you better chase potential and enough information. This build its decent if you manage to get out of T1 soon and manage to get some downs early, if you dont the game will become a lot harder.

1.- Save the best for last

2.- BBQ & Chilli / Whispers (As of right now, considering how hard the auras are to see I personally prefer Whispers)

3.- Pop goes the weasel

4.- Monitor & Abuse

Other perks that you might want to consider in the future if you keep playing:

Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright (Plague) - Surveillance (Pig) - Thrilling Tremors (Ghostface). Surveillance is great with other perk that you already have "Hex: Ruin" but its has some downside to it, so go on and try as many build as you like. Always switch your perks for something new or interesting that you want to do.

• DeadByMyHand

Yay, Thank you for actually giving me an idea of perks that I actually have to get on Myers!

• DeadByMyHand

Also someone I met earlier might come on here so let him or her have a response to here. Then I'll decide.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2020

Alright, so taking your screenshot into account limiting your killer options (and therefore your teachable / perk options) I'll make a build for you (EDIT: I ended up making two) based on what you have, and then I also want to give you a second third build that a youtuber named not Otzdarva provides, but likely it consists a few perks you don't have so just table that build for a later date. He gives some really good and helpful advice just in general throughout his youtube video and he's a very smart and experienced player in the DBD community, so if you ever have a question about a specific killer or something, of course you can come here to the forums but if you can I'd suggest trying to find answers / advice through him and other DBD content creators like him who can provide some very helpful tips.

So, first off. Myers is a killer that essentially relies on snowballing pressure and momentum, he plays very similarly to the Oni in the sense that you have to gain your power over time after performing some kind of action and then when you do you become incredibly more powerful and an incredibly more threatening presence on the map. The difference is that instead of speed like the Oni you gain stealth (sort of) as Myers, which makes Myers more useful in other respects but generally speaking Oni is more powerful than Myers just because map mobility is incredibly valuable for killers and that's why killers who can move quickly perform better collectively. The ability to traverse the map and do it quickly is absolutely indispensible

Which means playing myers you have to pick up some of that slack on your own and compensate with skill and proficiency as an M1 killer. As a Myers you can still be looped much like any other killer so knowing how to run tiles correctly like Shack or L-T walls is crucial to not get stomped. As with any build or loadout you want to capitalize on your strengths with the killer or pick up the slack for that killers weaknesses

Stealth inclined build: Because of your reduced terror radius this build seeks to make you as sneaky as possible to catch survivors unaware and off guard.

Monitor & Abuse, Nurse's Calling, Sloppy Butcher, BBQ & Chili.

• Because of Myers reduced terror radius a perk like Monitor & Abuse is especially scary, since you'll be spending most of your during a match in Tier II Evil Within which has a terror radius of 16 meters you can reduce that to 8. Which is really small and basically just a tight space around you, they'll likely see you before they hear you and by that point it's too late. In tier 3 you'll have a TR of 24 meters, the same as Deathslinger, which is still decently small and gives survivors less time to react to your presence. Because of M&A you can hold your own without Evil Within III and rely on it less often
      • This is one of Myers strengths, because he has a permanently reduced Terror radius at all times (except for in Tier 3 where it is the same as most other killers) he can engage in chases reliably at a much closer distance than most other killers. Starting the chase closer gives survivors less time to react and run if they don't have any windows or pallets nearby. Putting them in a worse position means you're more likely to get a hit off or down that survivor earlier and hopefully not get involved in an extended chase. M&A exaggerates this concept even further by cutting your already smaller Terror Radius in half and makes you much more of a true Stealth killer than the middle ground stealth killer he generally is

• Because of the even further reduced Terror Radius you'll have that's why you're running Nurse's Calling. At tier 3 it activates at a maximum distance of 28 meters which means ideally you'll see them long before they hear or see you, this is hopefully how you'll be starting and ending most of your chases with this build, by catching survivors who are healing and knocking them down before they have the time to properly act and run away. Nurse's Calling will hopefully accomplish two things for you: allow you to start chases more frequently since you'll be finding survivors more often and making it more difficult for them to hide and heal, and end chases more quickly because if you find an injured survivor healing in a corner of the map or in a dead zone that makes for an easy down.

• Sloppy butcher forces survivors to spend more time healing, thus serving a twofold purpose. The more time they spend healing the less time they're spending repairing a generator and gen rushing you which would be your biggest weakness as a Myers since you have no map mobility. At the same time the more time they spend healing the more likely you will be to find them with Nurse's Calling, and able to continue to apply the pressure and snowball momentum starting chases more frequently and ending them more quickly.
      • Even if they do manage to heal all the way up to full, that won't slow you down because hopefully by about this time you'll have charged up your power and stalked survivors enough to be 1 tap away from entering Evil Within Tier III. All the time they spent healing shot down the drain because you have an instant down built into your kit, so either they waste all that time healing or they stay injured meaning you don't necessarily have to pop your EW III. This is another Strength of Myers, survivors don't exactly know how much of your power you have charged and can only make educated guesses based on how long you've been stalking them and their teammates. Regardless all you need to do is charge yourself up to 90% and then stalk that last bit to pop your Tier III when you're right next to them, making for very effective and startling chase starter and ending it just as quickly as it started.

• This fourth slot is honestly entirely optional, and you can fit any perk of your preference into it, BBQ & Chili. I went with BBQ because it's a good way for you to snowball pressure specifically as Myers in tier 3 and so you don't have to waste any time searching for survivors instead knowing exactly where to go to secure more downs while in Tier 3 or where you can go to pop tier 3 right next to a survivor. It also gives you this nice presence of "all knowing" where you know exactly where they are at most given moments (combined with Nurse's Calling) while they have a really hard time pinning you down because of the 8 meter terror radius you're probably in most of the time. You could swap BBQ out for a gen. slowdown perk like Hex: Ruin, Pop Goes the Weasel, or Overcharge.

Chase inclined build: Because of Tier III Evil Within and Myers incredible snowball potential this build seeks to make you as oppressive as possible in your chases.

Bamboozle, Enduring, Save The Best for Last, Monitor & Abuse

• Bamboozle is what makes this build extremely threatening, the idea here is that in this build you want to stalk and enter Evil Within as quickly and as frequently as possible. In case you weren't aware, Evil Within III also moderately increases your vault speed and slightly increases your lunge range. With Bamboozle your vault speed is increased even further by 15% and will block the window, making vaults incredibly unsafe as you move through them faster and prevent survivors from utilizing them multiple times. This is especially scary when you've got Instant Downs in your back pocket and all of a sudden the survivor you're chasing can no longer rely on windows because you keep closing them off.

• Because of Bamboozle survivors will increasingly have to rely on pallets more so than windows to keep themselves safe from your onslaught. So you'll need a perk to apply pressure on pallet loops much like Bamboozle applies pressure on window loops, Enduring serves that purpose though it can be switched out with Spirit Fury (a Spirit Teachable) which will serve the same purpose. While using enduring the duration of pallet stuns are 50% shorter, so you no longer have to respect any pallet loops like you might have had to before. With instant downs and the slightly increased lunge you have in your back pocket, you can really stretch for those long lunge downs at pallet loops without fear of pallet stuns because you can recover and continue pursuit much more quickly.

• Save The Best For Last is just another chase tool to further pressure your, reducing the cooldown after hitting a survivor means you lose less ground after hitting them making it more difficult for them to reach the next window or pallet loop in time. It also means you can chain attacks from one survivor to the next if they're all in an area trying to complete a generator or bodyblock you from hitting or hooking a survivor. It can also be used to chain chases together allowing you to move more quickly from one chase to the next moving from downing one survivor to the next and so on and so forth snowballing momentum that much more quickly and efficiently.

• Originally, this fourth slot was meant to go in for Infectious Fright. It would synergistically work in tandem with Save The Best For Last because it causes survivors to scream within your terror radius, enabling you to go on a downing spree while in Tier 3 Evil Within chaining downs from one to the next. However, this is a teachable for the Plague, a killer it seems you unfortunately do not own so I swapped in its place Monitor & Abuse, for the exact same reasons I listed in the previous build. Another perk I would have put in this place before M&A is Thrilling Tremors, it functions as a sort of tracking perk while also at the same time slowing down the gen rush. It provides information on which generators and where you need to apply pressure at any given map and would fit perfectly in an aggressive build like this. Unfortunately it is a teacahble for Ghostface, a killer you also do not own. Though again, this fourth perk slot is more open and free to mix and match as per your personal preference, and as per usual a generator slowdown perk like Hex: Ruin, Pop Goes the Weasel, or Overcharge can fit in here perfectly.

not Otzdarva's All-Purpose Reliable build: An all purpose build that covers for Myers shortcomings, slows down a gen rush, and operates synergistically within itself to enable you to

Corrupt Intervention, Surge, Pop Goes the Weasel, and Surveillance.

I'll let Otz explain this one for me:

While this is a very good build I can definitely endorse, unfortunately, this loadout actually consists of teachables from 4 different killers only one of which you own. Corrupt Intervention comes from the Plague (original Killer which you can earn with shards), Surge comes from the Demogorgon (a licensed killer you must purchase with auric cells or the full Stranger Things Chapter), Pop Goes The Weasel comes from Clown (which you own), and Surveillance comes from the Pig (a licensed killer you must purchase with auric cells or the full SAW Chapter).

Out of these killers I would highly recommend you get Plague first because two of her teachables, Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright both are very good perks to run on Myers specifically. Corrupt Intervention prevents you from getting gen rushed at the beginning which is where you are your weakest, generally speaking you want to get out of EW I as quickly and as fast as possible. In EW I you're super slow and you've got a reduced lunge which is massively detrimental unless you manage to get a sneaky grab off at the beginning of the game. Infectious fright, as previously stated, can help snowball your momentum and pressure as a Myers, and more notably, Infectious Fright actually synergizes incredibly well with Monitor & Abuse because the former relies on your terror radius. Monitor & Abuse increases your terror radius while you're in chases by 8 Meters (which normally isn't an issue because you're not trying to stealth while in a chase) however in conjunction with Infectious Fright that means if you downed a survivor in Tier 3 Evil within you'd hear the screams of all survivors around you within a 40 meter radius. I didn't put Monitor or Infectious together in any of the builds I proposed but you can certainly create your own build off of this combination.

Other than this fact Plague herself as a killer is horrible, she's my personal most disliked killer out of the entire roster because she's the most poorly designed killer in the whole game (fight me). Not fun to play as or against, horrible in most every aspect. However you can earn her for free with iridescent shards, so aside from your time, you won't lose anything by owning her.

After that you'll have to make the choice whether or not you want the demogorgon or the pig as you must pay for them either way, whether it's individually or for their full chapter. The only good perk Demo has to its name is Surge and really outside of specific builds even this perk might be considered mediocre. Demogorgon is purportedly "balanced" in that you can technically perform well with the killer and there is equal opportunity for both sides to play and counterplay to and against Demo, however their population in the community is extremely low which casts shadows of doubt onto how good the killer actually is.

The Pig is in a slightly better position than Demogorgon in terms of perks but is not far off. Surveillance is undoubtedly her best perk and unlike Surge it is far from mediocre and serves well for most of the roster: high mobility killers, Stealth killers, and anyone looking to slow a gen rush. It's one of my personal favorite killer perks out of them all. Outside of this her other perks are lackluster, Make Your Choice can be used to decent effect, but it's rarely used as far as I've seen. The Pig herself is arguably the worst stealth killer out of the bunch, but there are some very dedicated players who swear by her. Her ambush isn't 100% reliable because of the audio cue that plays warning survivors she's inbound, and her reverse beartraps are completely RNG reliant and therefore not too consistent. I would definitely say Demogorgon is better than the Pig when comparing the base killers, but when comparing teachables the opposite is true.

That's all I've got. Hope this helped, if you have any questions just lemme know.

P.S. As far as I'm aware, you can't actually close your own threads, only the mods / devs have the power to do that. You could report your own thread and ask for it to be taken down but that's about it.