Buff the anti-camping / tunneling perks

HP150
HP150 Member Posts: 455
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Before there was BBQ & Chili there was Devour Hope, which also encourages you to leave the hook. And after there was Devour Hope there was Make Your Choice, which kinda fell flat like much of that DLC.

Devour Hope: The problem with this perk is obvious. It's a totem perk. It can be eliminated 30 seconds into the game without seeing any kind of benefit from it. I think I read in one of the patch notes that they fixed totem spawns... That's a lie because just yesterday I spawned right on top of a totem, I could see it clear as day as my camera was panning around while loading in. The solution is simple: the totem should not light up until you have at least 3 tokens. You have to work hard for the tokens, at least let the perk see the light of day once if you can pull it off.

Make Your Choice: This change would probably get the most push back, but the exposed status should apply to all survivors within X meters of the unhook. You already have to get at least 32 meters away from the hook. Against coordinated teams there can be as many as 3 survivors at the unhook, they could have the recently unhooked survivor fully healed by the time you get back to the hook from 32 meters away. At that point it just becomes a guessing game of who performed the unhook and hoping that you don't fall victim to body blocking.

Kindred: A simple numbers buff would be nice. 8 meters doesn't really do much besides tell your team if the killer is face camping or not. 16 meters seems more appropriate, half the terror radius of most killers, which is a good starting point for what I'd consider a likely safe unhook.

Comments

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Eh, Make Your Choice doesn't really need a buff. I do just fine with it on my Hag. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

16 meters is too far for Kindred. Insidious most often requires the Killer to be that close to the hook if he wants to bait the other Survivors.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

@HP150 said:
    Before there was BBQ & Chili there was Devour Hope, which also encourages you to leave the hook. And after there was Devour Hope there was Make Your Choice, which kinda fell flat like much of that DLC.

Devour Hope: The problem with this perk is obvious. It's a totem perk. It can be eliminated 30 seconds into the game without seeing any kind of benefit from it. I think I read in one of the patch notes that they fixed totem spawns... That's a lie because just yesterday I spawned right on top of a totem, I could see it clear as day as my camera was panning around while loading in. The solution is simple: the totem should not light up until you have at least 3 tokens. You have to work hard for the tokens, at least let the perk see the light of day once if you can pull it off.

Make Your Choice: This change would probably get the most push back, but the exposed status should apply to all survivors within X meters of the unhook. You already have to get at least 32 meters away from the hook. Against coordinated teams there can be as many as 3 survivors at the unhook, they could have the recently unhooked survivor fully healed by the time you get back to the hook from 32 meters away. At that point it just becomes a guessing game of who performed the unhook and hoping that you don't fall victim to body blocking.

Kindred: A simple numbers buff would be nice. 8 meters doesn't really do much besides tell your team if the killer is face camping or not. 16 meters seems more appropriate, half the terror radius of most killers, which is a good starting point for what I'd consider a likely safe unhook.

I love your ideas. Especially for devour hope and Make your Choice since devour hope needs some buff cause the amount of tokens need to reap the rewards is pretty big, Make your choice also has one weakness, if two decided to rush to the hook, they can speed heal then the killer has to guess who's the rescuer is, so I will admit a small buff to it won't hurt since the pig's other two perks...aren't good.

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

Literally the reason I don't play Dead by Daylight as often anymore. 9/10 matches I play in, there's a camping killer. I've played with so many wraiths that just go invisible and face camp me. This unsportsmanlike behavior is why no one wants to play survivor and why killer queues as so long.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    AyDoggie said:

Literally the reason I don't play Dead by Daylight as often anymore. 9/10 matches I play in, there's a camping killer. I've played with so many wraiths that just go invisible and face camp me. This unsportsmanlike behavior is why no one wants to play survivor and why killer queues as so long.

No, that's not the only reason. The other reason is blood point pools on survivors are bad. When compared to a killer, you make way less bloodpoints playing them.
  • Orion

@AyDoggie said:

9 times out of 10, Survivors feed the campers.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Devour Hope: Actually ALL hex should only light up AFTER they triggered an effect for the first time.

MYC: Needs a QoL change first, make it light up when you are far enough away to trigger it.And to buff it, increase the exposed timer. (But I also like the idea to expose all survivor that are near the hook when it triggers)

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

@Orion said:

@AyDoggie said:

9 times out of 10, Survivors feed the campers.

That is true. I mostly play on console so there is a complete lack of communication, you can't tell your partners to not rescue you.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Totems should respawn. Or light a dull totem after X seconds/minutes.

Campers only get fed by Solos or SWFs not on comms(which is rare)

There needs to be anti slugging perks imo since apparently slugging is the meta at higher ranks. You have next to no choice but to take Unbreakable every single game if you play solo. Because either your team will sandbag you for hook points(no one cares about safe unhooks unless they're running Deliverance) or if the hatch would be aval, you're getting slugged and possibly camped on the ground for the rest of the game.

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    They should fix kindred not working with open handed past 24 meters for the killer aura part. It would help buff open handed too because it has so few things it actually works with.
  • Orion

@projecteulogy said:

There needs to be anti slugging perks imo since apparently slugging is the meta at higher ranks. You have next to no choice but to take Unbreakable every single game if you play solo. Because either your team will sandbag you for hook points(no one cares about safe unhooks unless they're running Deliverance) or if the hatch would be aval, you're getting slugged and possibly camped on the ground for the rest of the game.

Campers get fed by all types of Survivors, especially SWF on comms.

Why do you need more than Unbreakable? Combine it with Self Care and you're good to go.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    I think MYC is already very strong on certain killers,  but some kind of visual inductor of who is effected by it would be great. In fact something on the survivor portraits to indicate exposed status that both killers and survivors can see would be a pretty good change for everyone. ( not just for MYC but all exposed status.) 

Devour hope is tricky, because it is very hard to bring the perk into play, but if once you do get 3 stacks you can wipe a whole team very quickly. Global exposed is such a powerful ability that there does need to be counterplay, as much as I hate seeing my totem popped early. Haunted ground and making totems harder to spot should help as they already said they know getting totems cleansed is an issue.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Eh, Make Your Choice doesn't really need a buff. I do just fine with it on my Hag. 

It needs at least show when you are in the according right. It shoudl light up just like devour hope does

• projecteulogy

@Orion said:

@projecteulogy said:

Why do you need more than Unbreakable? Combine it with Self Care and you're good to go.

I dont play SWF. I play solo. Strictly. Bc i get confused by people with open mics.

Because that's 2 slots gone to waste.

• Orion

@projecteulogy said:

@Orion said:

@projecteulogy said:

I dont play SWF. I play solo. Strictly. Bc i get confused by people with open mics.

It's 1 slot to counter a strategy you yourself say you encounter frequently and can't beat, and another one for unlimited self-heals. If that's what you consider "wasted", well...

• projecteulogy

@Orion said:

@projecteulogy said:

@Orion said:

@projecteulogy said:

It's 1 slot to counter a strategy you yourself say you encounter frequently and can't beat, and another one for unlimited self-heals. If that's what you consider "wasted", well...

I have to take it so i can survive and earn blood points and in order to level stuff so I can get better stuff. You don't get any points for being slugged and bleeding out versus struggling on the hook. Every little bit matters imho. Being forced to take meta perks in order to have fun is straight trash. While fun is subjective, there is zero evidence to support being slugged or camped to be fun outside of being a full on masochist.

Unlimited self heals? ok.Self-Care has been nerfed into the ground from its original release. Then you have perks, addons, and multiple status effects that hinder healing in general. If Unbreakable was able to be used multiple times per match, there in would be the huge difference. I'd rather take a medkit.

But in any event, back on topic. Devour Hope should not be a Hex. At all. Hexes are too easily broken in the first place. Hell, Haunted Ground should still leave a trapped totem. Just because. Killers already get crapped on.

I'm just tired of not being able to participate in the match because the killer has tracking perks and i'm found and then tunneled/camped to death.

• Wolf74

@projecteulogy said:

Unlimited self heals? ok.Self-Care has been nerfed into the ground from its original release.

Hahahahahaha

• projecteulogy

@Wolf74 said:

@projecteulogy said:

Unlimited self heals? ok.Self-Care has been nerfed into the ground from its original release.

Hahahahahaha

hahahaha reported for trolling

• Orion

@projecteulogy said:

@Wolf74 said:

@projecteulogy said:

Hahahahahaha

Let me rephrase his point: Self Care has been in the stale Survivor meta since release, and is still the most used perk. Its nerfs were basically irrelevant. I didn't bother replying to you because Wolf74 summarized my thoughts in a fairly ingenious manner, but I see you didn't understand it.

• Wolf74

@Orion said:

@projecteulogy said:

@Wolf74 said:

@projecteulogy said:

Hahahahahaha

Let me rephrase his point: Self Care has been in the stale Survivor meta since release, and is still the most used perk. Its nerfs were basically irrelevant. I didn't bother replying to you because Wolf74 summarized my thoughts in a fairly ingenious manner, but I see you didn't understand it.

• projecteulogy

@Wolf74 said:

@Orion said:

@projecteulogy said:

@Wolf74 said:

@projecteulogy said:

Hahahahahaha

OK. What you're failing to realize is I don't want to use Meta perks. Meanwhile, that's all you can suggest in order to "have fun". In fact, I wish they would stray away from Metas like self-care. Which is why, I said, I would rather take a Medkit.

Both of you are trolling idiots who are obviously still stuck in grade school since you can't obviously read what the ######### I actually said. Jesus christ you two are dense as #########.

• projecteulogy

@Orion said:

@projecteulogy said:

@Wolf74 said:

@projecteulogy said:

Hahahahahaha

Read the post above, since you obviously haven't learned how to ######### read what someone types. I can only imagine how you two comprehend things when it's spoken. Jesus.

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

I had made a post about totems recently, and after thinking about them some more, I recently decided that Devour Hope is fine, if they fix totems. I don't know why totems don't repair themselves after a few minutes, or at least allow the killer to keep their tokens for a minute or two after the totem has been destroyed.

• Orion

If you don't want to use meta perks, then don't, but you can't not use the perks and also complain that you can't beat the strategies the perks are designed to counter.