Which maps do you DC from as killer?

Personally I immediately DC from Haddonfield, the map is way to clustered with safespaces pallets and visionblockers, hooks are often times unreachable because of stupid hedges.

Comments

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

I don't DC.

• If I were to DC from a map due to pallets then I'd have to DC every time. I never DC tho since that would mean losing 3 pips and getting no blood points. I'd rather lose one pip and get Bloodpoints

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Oh, it's you again. Why am i not surprised?
  • @MhhBurgers said:

@NextKillerSpongebob said:
    If I were to DC from a map due to pallets then I'd have to DC every time. I never DC tho since that would mean losing 3 pips and getting no blood points. I'd rather lose one pip and get Bloodpoints

There's some maps that are basically unplayable, if I can't get 3+k then I won't bother with it. Haddonfield is way to hard for killers for example with multiple levels to hide from.

To be quite honest. A 2 kills match is alright. It doesn't guarantee a pip sometimes but it's alright on rank 1 since you can't gain more pips anyway. Thinking you always deserve a 3 or 4 man is bs. I think a killer deserves a 4 man when only 3 gens are done but the last survivor finds the hatch. It rewards bad teams with another easy way out.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

There's some maps that are basically unplayable, if I can't get 3+k then I won't bother with it. Haddonfield is way to hard for killers for example with multiple levels to hide from.

Haddonfield is way too hard for YOU.
    I like that map as a killer because of its size. I've even used offerings to get that map.
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

I will ignore the survivormain troll from now on I think.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    How about none? You are one of the major issues this community has. Play the damn game, if you draw a bad map, then suck it up. Even maps like haddonfield, although are a nightmare for Killers, still does not justify DC'n. 
  • HarryToeknuckles
    HarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158

The map will be unplayable only with that negative attitude. Like others mentioned, just give it a shot and hope it goes well.

• MhhBurgers

@Killigma said:
    How about none? You are one of the major issues this community has. Play the damn game, if you draw a bad map, then suck it up. Even maps like haddonfield, although are a nightmare for Killers, still does not justify DC'n. 

Uh yeah what's the point of "Playing" when all of said playing is basically getting stealthed AND looped while having no clearcut routes? If enough killers did this then the devs would have to react and finally fix that map, "sucking up" to bad design is not something we as players should do. Esp since there's absolutely no maps that are bad for survivors.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

none

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    I dont DC from maps because im not a bad player.

you can 4k on all maps. git gud.
  • Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@Killigma said:

Uh yeah what's the point of "Playing" when all of said playing is basically getting stealthed AND looped while having no clearcut routes? If enough killers did this then the devs would have to react and finally fix that map, "sucking up" to bad design is not something we as players should do. Esp since there's absolutely no maps that are bad for survivors.

You can still at least 2k on that map, not every game has to be a 4k. Agreed the map does need fixed but that is still no excuse for DC'n. Again, agreed we players should not have to settle for sucking it up but players should not settle for you DC'n just because you wanted an easier map.
  • lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611

If I were to DC from a map due to pallets then I'd have to DC every time. I never DC tho since that would mean losing 3 pips and getting no blood points. I'd rather lose one pip and get Bloodpoints

This is the problem right here “if I can’t get a 3+k then I won’t bother with it” , so you don’t want a challenge is basically what you’re saying? You immediately quit when any sign of failure might happen, this is why we need survivor bots and participation trophies for these people, this is proof you want to win everytime and have no opposition, killers can’t stand that there is a way to counter everything on both sides and the only ones having this problem are ones who never change their perk load outs and think they can do whatever and still win
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    Why do you assume everyone else DC like you do? 
  • MhhBurgers

@Lowbei said:

I will once the devs remove the safespaces that have 0 mindgame.

• Lowbei

@Lowbei said:

there are none. i can catch people anywhere.

no worries, we have scrub ranks (15-20) for people like you, where skilled players dont have to see you ragequit.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I have never personally DCed from a map as killer. I DCed from a map once as survivor when i got the grim pantry 4 times in a row.

• MhhBurgers
    edited September 2018

@lyric said:
    MhhBurgers said:

This is the problem right here “if I can’t get a 3+k then I won’t bother with it” , so you don’t want a challenge is basically what you’re saying? You immediately quit when any sign of failure might happen, this is why we need survivor bots and participation trophies for these people, this is proof you want to win everytime and have no opposition, killers can’t stand that there is a way to counter everything on both sides and the only ones having this problem are ones who never change their perk load outs and think they can do whatever and still win

The problem is gamers these days who have 0 sense of entitlement. "oh yes it's bad but I'm just still gonna put up with it". Let's just ignore that we paid for a faulty product. For some reason this line of thinking is only acceptable in the game-programming world. Imagine this type of nihilism with stuff like Spacetravel. "oh it's a big design flaw, we know it but yeah, we just occasionally lose a few people".

The fact that those are KNOWN issues for years makes me wonder what the heck is wrong with ppl these days who don't want to fix things.

And no, there's no counter to certain loops, the killershack yes, it can be countered with bamboozle or a mindgame but things like the storehouse are impossible to mess up as a survivor.

• Lowbei

@lyric said:
    MhhBurgers said:

The problem is gamers these days who have 0 sense of entitlement. "oh yes it's bad but I'm just still gonna put up with it". Let's just ignore that we paid for a faulty product.

the product isnt faulty, youre just bad.
  • MhhBurgers

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@lyric said:

MhhBurgers said:

The problem is gamers these days who have 0 sense of entitlement. "oh yes it's bad but I'm just still gonna put up with it". Let's just ignore that we paid for a faulty product.

Rank1 as freddy/spirit, the hardest to play killers in the game and I very rarely even depip, can't even remember the last time I got 0 kills, next.

• Lowbei

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@lyric said:

MhhBurgers said:

Rank1 as freddy/spirit, the hardest to play killers in the game and I very rarely even depip, can't even remember the last time I got 0 kills, next.

not only do i not believe you based on your butthurt DC rant, but rank1 is easy on both sides. this isnt a hard game, and its rank1 killer, not rank1 freddy/spirit.

git gud and you wont have to dc like a scrub.

/thread
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

OP Still doesn't get it... The vast majority of the players in the game don't care and just play it out. Blames the Devs for their inadequacies. Grow up. You talking about how you give up isn't going to make the Devs make any changes to the map.

It is the same as if you go on some rant about the game and changes you'd like to see, while at the same time bashing the Devs in your rant. It gets ignored.

Be an adult, since you need to be 17+ to play this game, put together a constructive list of changes you'd like to see on certain maps you don't like. Then post it in the balance feedback, or where ever else it is supposed to go.

Coming into the discussion forums and making the post you did, is like a little kid stomping on the ground throwing a fit because they don't get what they want all the time.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

The funny thing is when Freddy was nerfed one of the reasons the devs gave for the nerfs was the majority of survivors were dcing as soon as they knew it was Freddy.

So the devs actually set the precedent that this type of behaviour (Pun intended) may be rewarded.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

@MhhBurgers said:
    Personally I immediately DC from Haddonfield, the map is way to clustered with safespaces pallets and visionblockers, hooks are often times unreachable because of stupid hedges.

That map is cancer.

• None? Sure some suck but even the corn field maps I’ll at least try. 
  • tehshadowman33

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:

no worries, we have scrub ranks (15-20) for people like you, where skilled players dont have to see you ragequit.

The farm maps have see-through walls. You literally cannot mindgame those.

• Lowbei

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:

yes they can be, you will figure it out once you git gud.
  • tehshadowman33

@MhhBurgers said:

@Killigma said:

I have more than 1,500 hours as Killer. There are maps that are Killer biased.

Meatplant (The Game) is VERY hard for survivors if you run specific perk builds with Doctor (Sniping/Maxed-out Order Addons) or Clown (Anti-Heal), and maybe Hag.

Lery's CAN be VERY hard for survivors with zero-terror radius Michael/Freddy builds.

Those two maps can be Killer biased. I'm pretty sure they have the lowest % survivor escape rates too.

• MhhBurgers

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@lyric said:

MhhBurgers said:

Rank1 as freddy/spirit, the hardest to play killers in the game and I very rarely even depip, can't even remember the last time I got 0 kills, next.> @Lowbei said:

tehshadowman33 said:

@Lowbei said:

MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:

It's okay mr noname killer, we are sure you magically lose your red glow and entire body so survivors cannot see through the fence anymore.

And don't tell me you're using thick fog to mindgame like the last killer I spoke to, no streamer does this so it's an utter lie.

• @MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@lyric said:

MhhBurgers said:

To be honest. Freddy isn't hard. He is just weak. Spirit is a bit hard because everything is so weak and bugged around her but that's it. The product isn't faulty indeed. Sure killers have bad maps but also better ones. Like Macmillan maps or even the Asylum maps imo. I always do well on those. Sure survivors have a few more good maps but they are changing those right now. Haven't you noticed the new debris standing in front of certain doors sometimes or closed windows so there are fewer infinites?! I play both sides but a bit more killer and do think that survivors have the advantage right now in this game state, but the map designs are being fixed slowly but surely (because they want to get rid of Bloodlust)

• MhhBurgers

@tehshadowman33 said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Killigma said:

I have more than 1,500 hours as Killer. There are maps that are Killer biased.

Meatplant (The Game) is VERY hard for survivors if you run specific perk builds with Doctor (Sniping/Maxed-out Order Addons) or Clown (Anti-Heal), and maybe Hag.

Lery's CAN be VERY hard for survivors with zero-terror radius Michael/Freddy builds.

Those two maps can be Killer biased. I'm pretty sure they have the lowest % survivor escape rates too.

Oh great you just need specific killers and setups for those maps to shine.
    I don't have thousands of hours in this game so most of my offerings are burned for bonusBP not for specific maps on specific killers.

Those are rare occurances. Like I just had a 3gen setup on cornfield where all 3 gens were in the open, the survivors basically had no chance of winning but that's not me winning the game, that's them going for easy gens first as soon as they realized that I was guarding the middle ones.

• Lowbei
    edited September 2018

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@lyric said:

MhhBurgers said:

Rank1 as freddy/spirit, the hardest to play killers in the game and I very rarely even depip, can't even remember the last time I got 0 kills, next.> @Lowbei said:

tehshadowman33 said:

@Lowbei said:

MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:

It's okay mr noname killer, we are sure you magically lose your red glow and entire body so survivors cannot see through the fence anymore.

And don't tell me you're using thick fog to mindgame like the last killer I spoke to, no streamer does this so it's an utter lie.

no offense, but im just slightly more well known than you burgerboy, so you should avoid the noname thing, and good killers can win on any map.

this is a git gud issue. good luck.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    None.

I play the best I can even if I can smell defeat.  I might as well get Bloodpoints for my time.
  • Too be honest everyone is just saying mind gaming as well. You just have to get good at those, but I do agree with the thread maker a bit since there's a lot of pallet loops that don't require any skill/mind games and can't be broken until you break the pallet. (you should almost always do that anyways tho)

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited September 2018

I won't lie, every time I start up a game of Hillbilly and find out it's Haddonfield or Lery's I want to disconnect. However, at the same time, I've been queuing for a while and the four survivors had to wait through a loading screen. Not to mention that everyone has spent bloodpoints on offerings that no one can refund. It would be irresponsible and immature of myself as a host to immediately quit and steal their items and waste both their time and mine.

Speaking of offerings, if you can only play on certain maps, why not use the map offerings? If you truly "main" Freddy Krueger than it's very likely that you've already prestiged him so the "Rare" tier map offerings shouldn't be too terribly hard to acquire. Just food for thought.

• Lowbei

Too be honest everyone is just saying mind gaming as well. You just have to get good at those, but I do agree with the thread maker a bit since there's a lot of pallet loops that don't require any skill/mind games and can't be broken until you break the pallet. (you should almost always do that anyways tho)

yeah, just break the pallet :)
  • MhhBurgers

@Peasant said:
    I won't lie, every time I start up a game of Hillbilly and find out it's Haddonfield or Lery's I want to disconnect. However, at the same time, I've been queuing for a while and the four survivors had to wait through a loading screen. Not to mention that everyone has spent bloodpoints on offerings that no one can refund. It would be irresponsible and immature of myself as a host to immediately quit and steal their items and waste both their time and mine.

Speaking of offerings, if you can only play on certain maps, why not use the map offerings? If you truly "main" Freddy Krueger than it's very likely that you've already prestiged him so the "Rare" tier map offerings shouldn't be too terribly hard to acquire. Just food for thought.

When I see a SWF I also play LF, my freddy is prestiged my spirit isn't.

• MhhBurgers

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:

MhhBurgers said:

@lyric said:

MhhBurgers said:

@NextKillerSpongebob said: If I were to DC from a map due to pallets then I'd have to DC every time. I never DC tho since that would mean losing 3 pips and getting no blood points. I'd rather lose one pip and get Bloodpoints There's some maps that are basically unplayable, if I can't get 3+k then I won't bother with it. Haddonfield is way to hard for killers for example with multiple levels to hide from.

tehshadowman33 said:

@Lowbei said:

MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said: I dont DC from maps because im not a bad player. you can 4k on all maps. git gud. I will once the devs remove the safespaces that have 0 mindgame. there are none. i can catch people anywhere.

no offense, but im just slightly more well known than you burgerboy, so you should avoid the noname thing, and good killers can win on any map.

"git gud issue" LOL says the guy who thinks walls are mindgameable. Nobody here knows you except for your forumposts, there's no Lowbie youtuber or twitchstreamer for you to be even known in the first place and here on europe highrankeds don't really know each other.

• Lowbei

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:

MhhBurgers said:

@lyric said:

MhhBurgers said:

@NextKillerSpongebob said: If I were to DC from a map due to pallets then I'd have to DC every time. I never DC tho since that would mean losing 3 pips and getting no blood points. I'd rather lose one pip and get Bloodpoints There's some maps that are basically unplayable, if I can't get 3+k then I won't bother with it. Haddonfield is way to hard for killers for example with multiple levels to hide from.

tehshadowman33 said:

@Lowbei said:

MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said: I dont DC from maps because im not a bad player. you can 4k on all maps. git gud. I will once the devs remove the safespaces that have 0 mindgame. there are none. i can catch people anywhere.

"git gud issue" LOL says the guy who thinks walls are mindgameable. Nobody here knows you except for your forumposts, there's no Lowbie youtuber or twitchstreamer for you to be even known in the first place and here on europe highrankeds don't really know each other.

your butthurt salt isnt necessary.

i actually do stream, and most vets here know me well. you on the other hand, are a salty rando whining on the forum about how bruised your ego is after getting laughed at for ragequitting.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I don´t dc.
    Like... never.

• Lowbei
    edited September 2018
    Tsulan said:

I don´t dc.
    Like... never.

because you, unlike the OP, are a good player :) 
  • MhhBurgers
    edited September 2018

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:

MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:

MhhBurgers said:

@lyric said: MhhBurgers said:

@NextKillerSpongebob said:    If I were to DC from a map due to pallets then I'd have to DC every time. I never DC tho since that would mean losing 3 pips and getting no blood points. I'd rather lose one pip and get Bloodpoints        There's some maps that are basically unplayable, if I can't get 3+k then I won't bother with it. Haddonfield is way to hard for killers for example with multiple levels to hide from.

This is the problem right here “if I can’t get a 3+k then I won’t bother with it” , so you don’t want a challenge is basically what you’re saying? You immediately quit when any sign of failure might happen, this is why we need survivor bots and participation trophies for these people, this is proof you want to win everytime and have no opposition, killers can’t stand that there is a way to counter everything on both sides and the only ones having this problem are ones who never change their perk load outs and think they can do whatever and still win The problem is gamers these days who have 0 sense of entitlement. "oh yes it's bad but I'm just still gonna put up with it". Let's just ignore that we paid for a faulty product.

tehshadowman33 said:

@Lowbei said: MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:    I dont DC from maps because im not a bad player.    you can 4k on all maps. git gud.        I will once the devs remove the safespaces that have 0 mindgame.        there are none. i can catch people anywhere.

no worries, we have scrub ranks (15-20) for people like you, where skilled players dont have to see you ragequit. The farm maps have see-through walls. You literally cannot mindgame those.

i actually do stream, and most vets here know me well. you on the other hand, are a salty rando whining on the forum about how bruised your ego is after getting laughed at for ragequitting.

Go on give me your stream where you show how to mindgame survivors that can basically just see you

Also I gotta question anybody's intellect posting this picture btw.

So far u remind me of the guys calling me bad in League back then when I raced to diamond playing only Twitch, sure I was unable to play anything else and relied on dodging a few games here and there but I was still 0,1% of the top players while the ones coming at me were nowhere near close. (being fun to play with is not a measurement of skill btw, quite the contrary)

• Lowbei

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:

MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:

MhhBurgers said:

@lyric said: MhhBurgers said:

@NextKillerSpongebob said:    If I were to DC from a map due to pallets then I'd have to DC every time. I never DC tho since that would mean losing 3 pips and getting no blood points. I'd rather lose one pip and get Bloodpoints        There's some maps that are basically unplayable, if I can't get 3+k then I won't bother with it. Haddonfield is way to hard for killers for example with multiple levels to hide from.

This is the problem right here “if I can’t get a 3+k then I won’t bother with it” , so you don’t want a challenge is basically what you’re saying? You immediately quit when any sign of failure might happen, this is why we need survivor bots and participation trophies for these people, this is proof you want to win everytime and have no opposition, killers can’t stand that there is a way to counter everything on both sides and the only ones having this problem are ones who never change their perk load outs and think they can do whatever and still win The problem is gamers these days who have 0 sense of entitlement. "oh yes it's bad but I'm just still gonna put up with it". Let's just ignore that we paid for a faulty product.

tehshadowman33 said:

@Lowbei said: MhhBurgers said:

@Lowbei said:    I dont DC from maps because im not a bad player.    you can 4k on all maps. git gud.        I will once the devs remove the safespaces that have 0 mindgame.        there are none. i can catch people anywhere.

no worries, we have scrub ranks (15-20) for people like you, where skilled players dont have to see you ragequit. The farm maps have see-through walls. You literally cannot mindgame those.

Go on give me your stream where you show how to mindgame survivors that can basically just see you

Also I gotta question anybody's intellect posting this picture btw.

my steam is the same name, and try to keep your butthurt to a minimum while whining on the forum please. thanks.
  • MhhBurgers

93 followers with 2 videos of dbd which don't work, I'm pretty well known m'dude.

Please troll somewhere else, the game needs serious fixing (in other words maps need complete reworks of the safespaces which yes are happening but not fast enough)

• Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

I don't DC but I would like to when I see Lery's Memorial or Backwater Swamp

This discussion has been closed.