New perk idea: Hidden Pain

• After being hooked one time, Hidden Pain activates.
  • When in the injured state, you walk and run as if you are uninjured.
  • Your grunts of pain are reduced by 0/25/50%.
  • You still leave bloodtrails.
  • You still go down after one hit, as you are still injured.

This perk will potentially counter tunneling to an extent. Killers might give up on a chase if you run them well and they belive that you are healthy. They might also go for someone else instead of you, giving yourself time to heal. This does not make iron will obsolete, as it does not reduce grunts of pain 100% unlike iron will. A good, experienced and aware killer can see through this as you will still have the injured symbol in the survivor list at the bottom, you will still have grunts of pain, just quieter and less frequent and you leave a bloodtrail. if you are the obsession then the obsession things will twitch letting the killer know that they are chasing an injured survivor. This perk doesnt seem overpowered to me, but it could have some fun plays and some interesting builds with it.

Comments

• TargaryenChild
    TargaryenChild Member Posts: 11

I think it would be super easy to find out that person shouldnt be healed when unhooked. I'd recommend removing the grunts of pain thing and adding a haste effect, like hope when unhooked. It would make it easier for the unhooked survivor to actually leave. I like the idea and It kinda feels like something the devs would bring. Something to combo with perks that buff at being unhooked.

• Manky
    Manky Member Posts: 192

spirit could still see your scratch marks when in phase walk but yeah i see your point. this perk on its own is nothing special but like most perks, if you find the right perks you can make a good build. I also like the idea of trading the reduced grunts for a temporary speed boost.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

If i understand correctly, it only changes the animations? And the effects stay the same. (so injured perks still work but you look like you're unijnured) I could be wrong of course.

• Manky
    Manky Member Posts: 192

yeah thats the idea. You still leave bloodtrails, you can still use perks like dead hard, you still go down after 1 hit (unless u have borrowed time or something similar), you just just look healthy. If the speed boost idea is added for this then it probs wont work too well with sprint burst but u cant win them all