Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Which survivor should I mostly level up?

Just for a saying I only have Dwight,Meg, etc. (Free Survivors) plus Laurie and Jane. And I'm just wondering what survivor should I being focusing on the most. I wanna see y'all's opinion and see which one to focus on the most. I will try my best to respond as fast as possible. Can't wait to see what you all say! (•‿•)

Answers

• sneezii
    sneezii Member Posts: 3

Tbh it all depends on your playstyle.

• DeadByMyHand
    DeadByMyHand Member Posts: 55

Hello, ok but I'm just wondering what survivor to use and level up the most though. But thank you for your response.

• SandyRobes
    SandyRobes Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2020

If you have Laurie do her first. Decisive Strike is crucial. Best free survivor is probably Meg IMO, all three of her perks are pretty good. You should also do David for Dead Hard and Bill for Borrowed Time.

• DeadByMyHand

I've come up to a plan where I'll do Laurie first then ill do meg, bill since mine is level 21, Lastly, I'm going to do David for Dead Hard so yeah I think I'm gonna do this. The survivor I'll do it on will be David because why not. The perks will be Decisive Strike ( First Perk), Adrenaline for the second perk, Borrowed time then dead hard for the last.

• SandyRobes
    SandyRobes Member Posts: 16

Not bad. You want to be careful using Adrenaline and Dead Hard in the same build, since they both cause exhaustion. Adrenaline will ignore exhaustion if you just used Dead Hard, but if Adrenaline triggers first you will be healed and unable to use Dead Hard. I use both together all the time though, so it's not too bad.

• DeadByMyHand

Alright.

• Nanglaur
    Nanglaur Member Posts: 124

I will say go for David first because of We are going to live forever and Dead Hard. Will help you level up every other character faster and give you decent perks. If you are a new player dont go for Meta perks right off the bat, because that will hurt you more than help you. That is because you will be relying on those perks to survive without understanding all the elements of the game. Perks like Dead Hard or DS are useful but often players will make really poor decisions trying to gain value out of them instead of going for the smart plays at every moment and using them in the perfect time. Thats why I personally recommend going for information builds first, using perks like Kindred, Spine Chill, Alert (Feng), Bond (Dwight). And then combine that knowledge with useful perks that can help you make better choices at some points in the game like Adrenaline (Meg), Sprint Burst (Meg), Iron Will (Jake), Borrowed Time (Bill).

My personal order will be: David - Dwight - Meg - Jake - Bill - Claudette - Laurie - Nea - Jane

You can go watch Otz survivors guide wich can also help you understand a bit better why some surivivors perks are important but feel free to do whatever you feel like doing the most at the end of the day.