THIS is the problem with gen speeds and early game.

Options
124»

Comments

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,145
    edited July 2020
    Options

There was literally a guy who came in and posted something like "its a true video, didn't watch" its not just an "opinion" people are literally ignoring the video because of who the person is playing the game.

On top of that, people have pointed out that yes, mistakes were made, but does 1 mistake deserve to make you lose the game as killer? Especially when survivors can make so many? Nobody has yet to refute that point.

On top of that. Its not fun to lose 3 generators on the first hook, period. It is not fun for either side if survivors just sit and m1 at a generator for 80 seconds. It's not fun for the killer to be down so far behind in the early game and have to tunnel, and camp, and slug in order to stand a chance at coming back. Nor is it fun for survivors when that happens. For the health of this game, they need to fix this.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Reinami

And I wouldn’t be shocked if they responded on many other threads where there was a tru video. Saw this one and thought “oh no another one”.

Regardless, you also had people who pointed out things in that match that could have potentially made a difference in the beginning.

By saying “it’s not fun to lose 3 gens in the first chase” without acknowledging that the killer themselves could have done a better job (where it fits) I think that is a problem too.

Wanna know why? Because there is a huge skill gap in this game. Some players wanna main Spirit but then they switch to Huntress and expect the same results. That’s not how it works.

You have to be able to see the whole picture not just what is hindering your own progress.

That’s why whenever I complain about camping being a problem, I am very specific about it. Because I too play killer and understand when camping is necessary and unintentionally done.

• Reinami
    edited July 2020
    Options

The video showed someone with 5k hours making a single simple mistake that cost them maybe 8 seconds, and it cost them the entire game. Do you not think that is a problem?

On top of that, if you don't think so, why do you think the devs think it might be a problem? They already stated they are looking at doing something for the early game. If they are doing so, then there obviously must be a problem yes?

Also, i want you to think about this for a second. If people with 5k+ hours are having problems with this, what the hell chance does anyone else have? It takes 10000 hours to become world class at something, the best in the best of the world. 5k is halfway there. You are telling me that someone halfway to being the best of the best of the world, and lets be honestly probably already is one of the best in the world is having a hard time with this? Sounds like there might be a problem.

• wildcardyo
    wildcardyo Member Posts: 125
    Options

This game would be way more fun if it was balanced. Devs make it faceroll ez for survivors. They get bored of crushing it, especially in groups and killers get frustrated from losing to people who aren't playing efficient. I really suck at survivor in the grand scheme of things, yet win a majority of games. All games where survivors are at least decent on my team in solo queue, 2 gens+ pop in the first 2 minutes without fail. Every so often 1/10 games the killer finds a group of us fast. That's the only time multiple gens aren't done in rapid succession.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546
    Options
  • SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

Its a 1v4 game. Killer mistakes have to be equal to, if not greater than, 4 times more costly than a survivor mistake. It is an asymmetrical game after all...

• Reinami
    Options

The opposite should actually be true. Because there are 4 survivors, a single mistake to an individual survivor should be more costly than 1 mistake to a killer.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

That makes no sense. Its killer vs survivors. To be balanced you cant have one mistake = 1 mistake. If you actually want it 1v1 thats an entirely different game mode!

• Reinami
    Options

What i'm saying is, the killer is 1 player, the survivors are 4. Because survivors have 4 players, 1 mistake for an individual player should be more punishing to that individual player than it currently is. Between all the second chance perks and such survivors can make multiple mistakes during a chase, but if a killer makes 1, they lose 3 gens.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

But you haven't talked about the problem. You're only identified the results of the unspoken problem. Titling the discussion "This is the problem..." is misleading and, frankly, wrong.

Talking about the problem would be:

Survivors have nothing to do other than start on gens. There is no prerequisite to starting a chase because all the resources are handed out for free without needing any set up time (as opposed to killers). There is also not enough incentive to search chests, cleanse totems, or scout the map due to the fear of the killer's abilities to stop gen progress in its tracks, from Pop to Ruin to the entire mechanic of generator regression.

• D_Orien
    D_Orien Member Posts: 115
    Options

All generators should not allow more than two people on them at a time.

All generators' repair time should be increased by an extra minute.

After a kicking a Generator, no Survivor can start repairing that gen again for 10 seconds; The Entity blocks it.

Corrupt Intervention should not be a perk, but an in-game mechanic. 3 Generators every match in the beginning, should be blocked off by The Entity, but for 60 seconds only.

When picking up a downed Survivor, the Generator with the most progression should be blocked off (kicking any survivors on it) for 15 seconds, by The Entity.

Exit Gates' progression should regress if left alone: from 99% to 75%, 75% to 50%, 50%, to 25% or 25% to 0%. Preferably instantly imo.

• Reinami
    edited August 2020
    Options

This is all a bit much. Generally the only thing that needs to happen is for survivors do have some sort of objective to do before they can start gens. Such as hunting the map for a part to start repairing a generator. This would mean they have to wander around making them easier to spot and allow a killer to start the first chase. The game starts to slow down once the first hook happens naturally, but the problem is that before that happens a killer can lose 3 gens.

• drakonukaris
    drakonukaris Member Posts: 129
    Options

I mean it might buy you nothing, survivors can just wait out corrupt and hide if they really wanted to.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225
    Options
  • PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478
    Options

As soon as Tru popped up, I'm like "Nope. Dont care. Killer main Tru always complains about anything. And every survivor game he complains he is the only good survivor there". And the fact someone still gets 4k does actually matter. Sure gen times are screwed, but it if someone can get 4k it means it's still somewhat capable to win.

• Reinami
    Options

Nice ad hominem attack. Maybe try to talk about the evidence itself presented rather than rely on logical fallacies.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275
    Options

They should nerf swf, even if we all know they won't

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    Options

What do you mean his perks doesnt suck? Those arent that good for PH. Surge is mediocre at the very least. Enduring and Brutal Strength are ok ish, and BBQ is fine.