The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

An idea on Pig

RaSavage42
RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Have the boxes activate just like the traps

All boxes activate for 2 1/2 minutes after a gen is completed

It fits the movies she's based on and is a buff to her basekit without changing it drastically

If the traps activate when a gen is completed then so should the boxes to get them off

Plus there's a timer on the boxes to begin with and they can display a countdown so survivors don't have to guess how much time they have to search the boxes

Also the Tampered Timer won't affect the countdown on the boxes adding to the suspense the movies had

And as a bonus having a countdown on the boxes adds pressure to the survivor trying to take off the trap (more possibility of missed skillchecks) making the Razor wire, Workshop Grease, and Interlocking Blades more interesting... Also making Interlocking Razors reset progress would be a plausible addition

So what do you all think?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I feel like this is abusable somehow, but I don't know how exactly it would be any more abusable than her current state, so I'd give it a tentative thumbs up. The only thing I can think of is that it would require a rework of her extra box add-ons and Ruleset Number 2.

Although I'd still prefer for her boxes to have no attached RNG. It's not fair on the killer if the survivors first box is the one with the key, and it's not fair on the survivor if it's their last box (with some add-ons they can even die before then).

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I'm confused by what you mean by having the boxes "activate."

• RaSavage42

her box addons remain the same... cause one only adds an additional box the other one does the same and increase the death timer (TTK) on her trap to 3 minutes

Ruleset #2 just hides the aura of boxes till the trap is active... I don't see a point of re-working this addon either

• RaSavage42

Her trap activates... a blinking light on the back of the trap... the same could be done with her boxes (with the countdown)

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

No that wouldn't work to tell because that will be a guaranteed death for that survivor if the killer tunnels and just guard boxes

I idea I would love to see is something like pyramid head cage

She spawns you into a trap where you have to press skill checks and they could be any button and they'll be random on screen like the docs.

They'll go through 3 phase before a mori happens

If they fail phase one they become oblivious for 160 sec

If they fail phase 2 they become broken and hindered permanently

If they fail phase 3 they die to the trap

You can only use one of the traps only at a time on that survivor so you can't use both at once unless you have a add-on but if they survive your trap the head cage comes off too

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

I really don't understand how a box can activate.

What happens when one does?

• RaSavage42

A countdown will appear above the box (there's already one there) I saying that it would display a countdown of 2 1/2 -3 minutes

When the boxes are activated you will be able to search the boxes for the key to take off the trap... but only for a limited time (just like the movies)

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

So, in order to remove the trap, it must first be active?

• RaSavage42

Yea... so when a gen is completed the countdown starts and if any traps are in play they become active

or if the trap is placed after a gen is completed then they can try until the timer runs out...

if another gen is completed before the timer runs out it resets

• PigMainClaudette

Seems like it would promote rushing generators as it not only resets the timer, but is the only way to get them off. While current Pig is weak to the gen-rush I feel like this idea will only promote that as a strategy.

I like the idea in theory, especially tying it back to SAW, but it seems easy to work around.

Not to hate on your idea, I'm just very good at picking apart ideas like this. Comes with writing DnD campaigns.

• RaSavage42

@PigMainClaudette

Yea... it's sad but true

Only making changes to one killer's basekit isn't going to change the "meta" unfortunately

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I think instead, each gen completed after activated the trap should maybe take a set time off the timer. This means survivors have to be careful about finishing gens when their teammates still have an RBT on their head. It gives them the sadistic choice -- 99 the gen and wait until the teammate gets it off, or hope they can get it off and finish the gen. Also give her a little faster speed while crouched.

Also rework her add-ons. It has the same problem as Old Ruin. New Survivors will struggle. Veteran Survivors do skill checks in their sleep. Only unlike Ruin, her add-ons actually HELP survivors by having more opportunities for great skill checks to search the boxes faster.

• PigMainClaudette

I just find that Pig's true strength in this game is forcing multiple people off generators at the same time by existing. It's a slow approach that doesn't reward the player instantly like blinking through a loop like with Nurse or Huntress headshot.

Any changes like this go against that philosophy of DO NOT TOUCH GENERATOR when going against her.

• RaSavage42
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Survivors would need to worry about two timers at the same time. Considering the RBT stops during a chase or when slugged, it can easily go out of sync with the boxes making it confusing and leading to situations where an RBT is about to go off and nothing can be done about it. I have no doubt killer players would abuse this in some way.

• RaSavage42

But as mentioned before the way the game is right now survivors would just finish as meny gens before Pig can do much of anything

And even if the Pig can get one trap on it would be end game (1-2) gens left if that and survivors will have their 2nd chance perks ready to go...

Resulting in a 0k-1k

• RaSavage42

It wouldn't be fair to a survivor who has a active trap on but the boxes are inactive

It would be to complicated if the boxes only activate when an active trap is in play...

There has to be a way to do it without promoting the rush on either the killer to get trap out or the survivors to finish as many gen as possible

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

What is the point of this? I don't understand what it is trying to accomplish.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

I don't really know what to think about this but I'm always in for the traps to be removable only after they've been activated because the amount of times my teammates have decided to completely disregard the gens until their still-not-activated head trap is removed (sometimes even with that add on that makes the machine thingies invisible!!!) and that has led to not a single gen being done for the rest of the match... People freak out TOO MUCH when they have the lil hat on and that's why I hate going against Pig. The only killer I hate facing not bc of the way they play, but the way some of my teammates play when facing them.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

The problem with this is the same problem ruleset no 2 implementing this will just encourage survivors to immediately work on generators so they could start working on jigsaw boxes instead of wasting time.

Since endgame piggy is no longer a thing since endgame collapse once all the generators are completed your traps are pointless.

Essentially what I'm getting at is as pig you don't want people to be doing generators if they can't search the boxes until a generator is completed they're going to prioritise completing generators first. This would actually be a complete NERF to pig in the same vein that ruleset no 2 being base kit in its current state would be

• RaSavage42

Not necessarily... that all depends on the skill of the Pig as too what happens

Gens will be done that's a given... but punishing the completion by getting a trap on before it's done

i guess this idea is a buff to my playstyle rather then a general buff for all Pig players

• PigMainClaudette

Same overall issue. Survivors do generators to get the trap off. The exact opposite of what you want.