The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Bloodweb for new players

Hi guys, was curious if anyone else felt like this (i feel like there will be but i'm interested in hearing other peoples opinions on this) but the bloodweb for new players, its extremely hard to get anywhere with perks and getting perks you want because there are so many perks that exist. You're forced to play matches to get bloodpoints but can't seem to do as well as you could because you don't have the meta perks or the right perks for the killer or survivor. Just wish there was a better system to help those get either the perks that want or have a better system to where its potentially more balanced to get them. I can't quite think of how to better put it into words but i just think atm for new players there's so much to catch up on, that it feels like i'm going to have to put so many hours into the game just to get to a point where i'm actually having fun. I get that those who have been part of the game and community for long time had to do that but that was going with the current not 4 years after the game was released. Again would love to hear other people's opinions on this but right now, it feels like the biggest grind to get there.

Comments

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

It takes time. I’ve got two boys who play and I would SWF with no mics with them but I would pop off bloody party streamers for them every game.

it is harder in the beginning but that is the time to really learn the nuances of the game on either side. It’s slow going at first but you’ll get there if you like the game. What are you playing on? I’m sure there are ppl on here who would be glad to get a new player a bit of a hand.

• DougDimmaDomed
    DougDimmaDomed Member Posts: 14

oh i play on pc, i have definitely put in the time or have started to, im just under 200 hours at the moment but the grind just seems super long. i dont know i could just be carrying on here but to catch up seems long. does playing with friends make it go faster?? you have a good point there about getting use to the perks i already have and also to get use to the game which i feel i am kind of, map knowledge seems to be the thing i need to get my head around.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

am 1310 hours into it and the grind is still there, it all depends on what you do though, I have about 6 completely maxed killers and about 8 p3 level 50 with bbq 3 (most important part) I just spend my bp on what I want you don't have to prestiege or things like that if you don't want to and it reduces the grind by so much I think some youtubers like farmer john does it, I do it for survivors and have a claudette with all perks no prestige

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

I’m not new to the game and I completely agree that the grind is really bad. I don’t have friends who play DbD so I do everything solo. It’s really frustrating at times. The grind was worse before but it’s currently still pretty bad.

• DougDimmaDomed
    DougDimmaDomed Member Posts: 14

interesting, thats crazy after all this time youre still grinding though, i havent prestiged anyone and i dont plan to until i have everything i want to where im happy. i just want the perks that i like with the killers that i like and for the survs as well but just getting them is too random, having to get the points and then hope i get the perk? just seems whack as hell. i talked to someone about this the other day, i think getting rid of the tiers would be good, so when you get the perk you just have it and it does just what it does instead of tier 1 it does this then tier 2 it does this then finally tier 3 it does this, it would halve the time it takes to get what i want and it would be less punishing when the rng creates the bloodweb

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465
    edited August 2020

Heres the ideal, play bubba first, have bbq teachable unlocked, play people until level 29, if you get bbq on them stop, once you have narrowed down bbq and without bbq, get the other ones up to 1 teachable then 2 then 3, at that point everyone should have bbq, never prestige them and just keep 20 killers that got bbq through rng manipulation by not adding the other perks into the bloodweb then max as you see fit.