Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What do you think are the worst perks in the game that desperately need buffed?

HatchIsMyMercy
HatchIsMyMercy Member Posts: 219
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Feel Free to leave what you think would be a good buff/rework for the chosen perk

Comments

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

Monstrous shrine, Steve perks, Hangmans, Discordance (but only need its numbers reversed), Quentin perks, and some new killer perks who need to be more worth the while.

• HatchIsMyMercy

Do you have any buff/rework ideas? I love to hear stuff like that.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

It would be quicker to list the perks that don’t need buffs, tbh.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

Most of the perks just need simple number rework. It's kinda silly that tier 1 discordance and MYC are stronger than tier 3 version. Monstrous shrine is prob by far the weakest perk in the whole game and needs completely whole rework. I mean even camp face bubba doesn't benefit enough from that perk in perfect scenario.

• HatchIsMyMercy
    edited August 2020

Dont forget that I would love to hear any buff or rework ideas for said perks.

• gunslingers_potatoe
    gunslingers_potatoe Member Posts: 192

desperately buffed? for the most part the generic perks like This is not happening and personally I would like the newer perks like Red herring or Lucky Break or even Dance with me to not have harsh conditions, or timers. Also a side note: We wouldn't need perk buffs if all the perks were more equal in power and overall all the perks to be at a medium range. Like I'd rather, as a killer, verse survivors running perks that don't impact the game as much as DS or DH. So nerfing overused perk could be a possibility to make the game more enjoyable imo.

• HatchIsMyMercy

Yeah, DH is a little overpowered but it's not as overpowered as DS where you can bait DH but you can't bait DS you have to wait, and if they run Unbreakable+DS There is pretty much nothing you can do, especially if they have soul guard.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Not the worst, but surge could use some tweaks. Either lower/remove the CD or make the regression stronger.

Dying light: Remove the Altruism buff (it´s silly af) and increase the numbers slightly.

Deja Vu: Permanently show the revealed generator´s auras, maybe use their auras to show progress on them

There are more but I am lazy

• HatchIsMyMercy

I had a good one. What about No One Left Behind, it is severely underpowered and could use a rework.

• Zaonhort
    Zaonhort Member Posts: 101

There has been a lot mentioned, there are a lot of perks that aren't viable except for meme builds and some that are situational at best. Perks like Premonition, Deja Vu, all of Steve's, Quentin's, and Laurie's needs reworked or buffed. For Killer's all of Huntress's perks, Monstrous shrine, Overwhelming presence, overcharge. There are more, as others have mentioned a lot of them are a numbers issue, they just don't do enough to warrant a slot over a more meta perk.

I'd love for them to rework at least a couple of perks for survivor and killer every major patch at least would keep things fresh.

• HatchIsMyMercy

In my opinion, Huntress Lullaby is okay where it is, but you have a good point.

• Zaonhort
    Zaonhort Member Posts: 101

Yeah Huntress Lullaby isn't bad, I think it hurts newer players more than older. At higher ranks it doesn't do as well unless a doctor is running it which can be a nightmare then especially if unnerving presence is added to it. The problem with it is that it's based on luck of skill checks as was old ruin. Luck could honestly be reworked as well but not sure how they could change it exactly

• HatchIsMyMercy

This is a little off topic but I think luck should also affect the odds of getting an item of higher quality from a chest.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,093

All Huntress' perks, all Steve's perks, Solidarity, No Mither, there are so many of them...

Since you said you like to hear perk buff ideas, I will share some small perk tweaks / buffs with you.

Survivor perks

Windows of opportunity

• Removed the cooldown.
    • Aura of pallets and windows are shown to you when within a 16/20/24 meter range.

Dance with me

• Cooldown reduced to 30/25/20 seconds from 60/50/40 seconds.

Any Means Necessary

• Cooldown reduced to 60/50/40 seconds from painful 140/130/120 seconds.

Fixated

• Works while injured.

Lucky Break

• While Lucky Break is active your Grunts of Pain are reduced by 75%.

Killer Perks

Zanshin Tactics

• Removed the cooldown.
    • Aura of pallets, breakable walls and windows are shown to you when within a 16/20/24 meter range.

Thanatophobia

• Works for dead and sacrificed Survivors.

Distressing

• Your terror radius is increased by 8 meters.
    • Gain 50/75/100% more bloodpoints for actions in the Deviousness category.

Brutal Strength

• Allows you to cancel the pallet breaking animation.

Territorial imperative

• Kicking a Generator will make it "marked", Survivors within a 8/12/16 meter range from that Generator will have their aura revealed until they leave the area, or finish that "marked" Generator.
    • This applies only for one Generator at a time.

Side note: I really don't know how to buff Territorial Imperative, it's such a garbage perk, so I reworked it instead, not sure if it is op or worthless tho. (Maybe it's too similar to Surveillance)

Hope you enjoyed these perk buff ideas!

• HatchIsMyMercy

Thanks for the reworks and buff ideas I liked them! Of course thanataphobia might need a small change if it worked with dead or sacrificed survivors, it was really nice. Thanks for your opinion! 😁

• R52G
    R52G Member Posts: 257

One perk I’d love to see get revamped would have to be Bloodpact. I hate that if you’re the obsession it just cancels a perk. I would love it if instead of the perk being cancelled if you’re the obsession, if you’re put into the injured state then you can see everyone else’s auras within a certain range or vice versa.

• HatchIsMyMercy

Yeah, it would be nice for them to change that part of bloodpact, it's kind of stupid to have a perk that actually does nothing if you are the obsession, plus using DS makes you the obsession making the perk useless with DS. Unless you dont use DS in the game and someone else is the obsession.

• HatchIsMyMercy
    edited August 2020

One more thing, how would brutal strength work? Like would you just instantly break the pallet, or does it let you cancel it mid animation and keep the pallet there, I feel like brutal strength is a good perk the way it is. It gives survivors less time to make distance when you break a pallet. (On most killers who can't ignore pallets like clown or trapper, you get the idea)

• AhoyWolf

The second option, you could cancel the pallet animation, but the pallet would still be there, so you could trick Survivors into running away

• HatchIsMyMercy

Yes, but how would having a perk called brutal strength allow you to cancel breaking a pallet, it doesn't sound like the perk and what it does match up.

• HatchIsMyMercy

Plus, what would you gain from tricking a survivor to run away from a loop when you didn't even break the pallet, unless it's an unsafe loop.

• HatchIsMyMercy

What would you gain from tricking a survivor to run away though, when you didn't even break the safe pallet.

• HatchIsMyMercy

Plus, they would notice you canceled the animation if the looked back at you. And once again, this change wouldn't match the name of the perk. Plus having a perk to cancel the pallet breaking animation would be useless and very situational.

• AhoyWolf

A lot of perk names or descriptions don't match their effect, like Agitation, why would it increase your TR by 12 meters? It could increase you pickup speed by 15%, would make more sense.

But for the pallet breaking, it could help you at some unsafe or maybe even safe loops, to trick survivors into running away, or be in the wrong position.

Also why did you post 4 comments with almost the same thing?

• HatchIsMyMercy

Yes, but survivors have plenty of options when they get caught out like you said, there's Dead Hard, they could have DS up, their teammates could be there, there could be another loop close by, you get what I mean.

• AhoyWolf

Yea, I just think it would be a nice buff, it doesn't have to be meta or anything, just a small little mindgame that could throw off some Survivors.

• HatchIsMyMercy
  • LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

There is so many perk which would need some buffs.

Here are just those I have ideas for. This is only the changes or what I would add:

- Monstrous Shrine: either make it impossible to kobe from basement hooks and increase the values drastically or make it apply to all hooks.

- Pharmacy: all chest searches give a med kit up to green rarity. Heals with med kits are 5/10/15% faster.

- Vigil: make it a global buff like Up the Ante

- Hangman's Trick: Decreases hook sabotage speed by 50/75/100%.

- Cruel Limits: change it that the windows are closed within x meters of the killer, so it is actually useful in a chase

- Mind Breaker: 6/8/10s Exhaustion while gen is under 50% so it is able to do what it should (hinder sprint burst from a Gen).

- Second Wind: Speed up the healing to 20/18/16s or let it be affected by other healing speed perks like Botany, Resilience etc.

- Cameraderie: apply it to both hook states.

- Up the Ante: let the luck buff also work for yourself and let it also apply to bear traps and chests. Maybe increase the values.

- Distortion: 5 Tokens

- Blood Pact: once you are injured, you see the aura of other Survivors in 20/28/36m radius. Others see your aura map wide. Increases the odds of becoming the obsession. Still has the issue with the obsession change mechanic.

- Deathbound: everyone who heals outside of the Killer's TR will scream and get Oblivious when too far away. And show the "Scream bubble". No cooldown. Think of it as reverse nurses calling.