Why I find deathslinger and Pyramid Head more annoying then spirit.

I'm pretty much used to spirit and how to play against her at loops. Although I have to guess a little when shes phasing, there r plenty of things I can do to avoid her in chase. I'm an advid iron will user so this can come off as biased since I use her counter many times I end up playing against her. EVen without it tho I can counterplay at loops

However with the other 2 I honestly just find them really annoying. Im not saying they don't have counters but it really stems from the "use your power then quickly put it away". Like with spirit you have time to react and adjust accordingly but with these 2 its just annoying. You either react and try and dodge but wait they faked it and u get hit now. Or you dont react and try and call their bluff but then they use their power instantly. Pyramid Head is a little more forgiving but the same logic still applies when looping around a pallet.

tldr; Spirit gives time to react while you rarely have time against the other 2 in some situations

Comments

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Yeah in some situations you get hit no matter what if the killer plays right. Imagine.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    edited August 2020

Keep breaking LOS and run for the next loop ASAP, neither of them have any mobility whatsoever, so holding w hard counters then if theres obstacles between you.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

The only real issue I have with Deathslinger when I play survivor is that 90% of them run Monitor and Abuse, giving them the same terror radius as their harpoon shot.

No killer, especially ranged killer should have a terror radius that small.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I can agree that deathslinger is quite annoying to loop but I disagree with pyramid head. With pyramid head you need to be creative and know when you can vault and when you couldn't. Bait drop and then dropping when he doesn't expect. And holding W.

Holding W is a good counter to PH but not so much to deathslinger. Also PH only has like a 2m extra window of being able to hit no matter what. Everything else is difficult but definitely the survivor has a chance.

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614

Thats what I try and do for the most part. Again I know these guys have counters I said that before I just find them extremely annoying. Pyramid Head is alot less annoying then deathslinger I can agree with that. Distance is key for him. If the pallet is dropped already PW isnt all that bad its just those cheeky hits. But I will try and be more creative against him like you say and be unpredictable

• Tsair
    Tsair Member Posts: 49

I actually agree with this. Unless the spirit has stridor, I have a lot of fun trying to read her and outposition. I feel the same with Nurse, one of my favorite killers to go against. If they're good, the games basically over before it starts, but most can be outplayed.

Add Doctor to the list of annoying ones for me, though I feel he still is a weaker killer. Phead and Deadslinger at top skill won't let a chase go for more than twenty seconds.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Pyramid Head can just hold M2 then you basically have nearly no way to counter him.

If you get in an animation lock, (Vault, pallet throw) you get hit, if you try to break away, he can just M1 you.

Deathslinger has a nearly non-existent terror radius with M&A.

But I’d rather face these two than Spirit.