Noed should be disabled after 50hrs

Options

Comments

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251
    Options

Play killer against Red Rank and then come back to create a perk removal thread.

I have stopped playing DbD for 1 complete year cause i found it way too toxic. Came back 3 weeks ago and state of the game is the same.

Developpers are always promising to fight toxicity but their game, all the mechanis inside and the way it is unbalanced, is made for toxicity.

If a tier B and lower killer wants 3k+, he has to be toxic, to tunnel, to camp and use cheesy gameplay mechanic, to use noed.

If survivors want to 2+ to escape, they need to use OP perks combo : DS, DH, Borrow, Sprint Burst and gen rush.

Whatever you play, you are forced to be toxic with your opponent(s) to win the game. Nothing is fair in DbD, NOTHING.

The game has been released for 3 years, i think it's time to rework the whole thing, to keep what is good, to remove what is not good and to change the way it has to be played.

• XGamerDrizzy
    XGamerDrizzy Member Posts: 12
    Options

Y'all are complaining about Noed even though killers most of the time get 4 perks and go against 16 perks which sometimes they don't have a chance so they need a second chance just like blood warden and rancor all you guys have to do it get rid of most of the bones before you do the last gen it really isn't that hard to counter.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

I would agree, but endgame builds.

• TheeclumsyNinja
    TheeclumsyNinja Member Posts: 283
    Options

Everyone saying break the totems its easy, hasnt played much solo q lol its bloody hard to keep track of what ones have been touched.

And people complaining about ds but then saying noed is an easy counter... counter ds by slugging.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

That’s an interesting point. Some things which inflict the Exposed status make the Exposed survivor’s screen going blurry a split second and play an ominous sound, including Haunted Grounds, Ghost Face’s stalk, etc. Others like Devour Hope and NOED don’t play the effect until a down actually occurs. I’m not sure why the sound cue is inconsistently applied.

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600
    edited August 2020
    Options

Do I really need to explain something that I already made crystal clear? Fine, I'll play the babysitter then. Why did I use that story? The point the OP made is that No One Escapes Due to the fact that the killer is a noob is a beginner perk, and that is should be removed after having practiced enough. You're following me? Then somebody else also brought up DS, which pretty much falls into the same category, and that is true.

After that, I said I am starting to see the purpose of that perk, even though I always purposedly refused to use that, along with NoeD, because it feels cheap. But being camped, chased to death and tunneled equally long is even cheaper. My point was that, since so many killers are trash, chasing a single guy even if the all the gens on 3 maps have been repaired meanwhile, survivors have sort of a right to fight fire with fire. As much as killers have the right to do so against SWF. Then, there are those, like that b*tthurt fella I mentioned, that chased me forever and facecamped me, constantly hitting me on the FIRST hook until I died, because it took him so long to down me, even though he was on PC (in case you don't understand why I am specifying this, it means he had better performance). And the "annoyance" to that guy was I alone, a solo player. So please, don't try and come up with the argument of SWF now, when killers are equally cheap, trash and sad even against solo players, for the sole reason that they are so far behind.

Of course, let's all turn it off without acknowledging the issue, right? We have to either take forever to find a match or be forced to play with someone on a better end device. Seems reasonable, after all, it's not like we on console took forever to find a match, while most pc players already had low queue times. Not like the PC community is much wider, either. WE needed crossplay, at least with other consoles. You, on PC, if not between Windows Store and Steam, did NOT.

Oh, one last thing, before you come up with: "For all he knew, you could have been". There was literally ZERO synergy between me and my team. Most of time, while I was getting chased, they were not working on gens. Sometimes he even saw them, but he ignored them because he wanted me specifically. Over and out. Sayonara. Adios. (Reading between the lines, yet?)

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    Options

I am 100% sure that I never even ######### mentioned SWF. But go off. DS is a perk that needs to be reworked same with NOED. I dont believe in locking out perks. I am still not sure what that "chasing me forever" story has to do with DS. Thats just that guy thats bad/you playing well.

Yes it would help against tunnelers, but even there most of the time the person getting tunneled will still die. So it at best will help your team mates and not you. Same with camping. If the killer camps it helps your team but harms you.

Not sure why you think I was trying to make a point about SWF. DS is just as cancerous from a solo players as it is in a SWF and NOED is just as dumb coming from a really good player as it is coming from a guy who didnt get a down the entire game.

As for Crossplay. You brought that up, and as a killer on pc we often had 10 min queue times so no. You are wrong there, pc players needed the crossplay as well.

Unless directly lagging or losing frames, then the difference in 30 fps vs 60 fps gameplay is minimal at best. I only tried to counter argue your own points so. If you feel like this is a SWF/Crossplay thing when we are talking off NOED and DS then have at it. But dont come at me with that weird out of nowhere point xD.

• D20Warlock
    D20Warlock Member Posts: 1
    Options

First. decisive strike has a simple change that can be made. Increase the timer for how long survivors can use it AFTER getting off a hook. Make the timer reset to 0 if you jump in a locker. (If you hide in locker you lose DS)

Second, NoED. Change the flat movement speed buff out for Bloodlust 1 (as soon as you enter a chase you get bloodlust) this gives you that early movement needed but still caps at BL3. Also when all gens are done make the killer have an Audible taunt or noise to indicate that noed is in play.

Third Mori. Change to the following:

Ebony: You may kill all survivors whom would die on hook (been put into struggle)

Ivory: you can kill 1 survivor that has been hooked.

Cryptic: when gen are powered, kill one downed survivor. (Hooked or not)

Forth: No Mither. Only apply Broken after you have been downed. (Prevent tunneling killers)

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Options

Actually this is false. I've seen killers with well over 1K hours tunnel. It's still very much needed.

People don't realise that these perks would never even be needed if killers didn't play so sh*tty xD

• DBdude55
    DBdude55 Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2020
    Options

Its genuinley not that bad guys you quite literally just need to break totems

Doing that doesnt even take that long

Post edited by DBdude55 on
  • ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

I have seen survivors with well over 1K hours tunnel generators. NOED is still very much needed too.

People dont realise that these perks would never even be needed if survivors didnt play so #########.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Options

I'm sorry that generators is a survivors only objective. What are they gonna do? Sit under the hook and wait to die?

As a killer, you have A LOT more options than just tunnelling.

• DBdude55
    DBdude55 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Oh really noed is for bad players huh well then how about i shed some light on something

If noed is considered a OP perk

Whats dead hard you literaly can just escape a hit almost instantly

But guess what DH just like NOED is only considered op when your right there about to smack a survivor down and they escape by dead harding too then slamming a pallet on your face

Its you just being pissed because the light at the end of the tunnel dissappeared because you didnt do anything about it

• Trapperkeeper69
    Trapperkeeper69 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Just do bones or leave when the killer gets 1 person. Saving all 4 survivors is a choice. The killer will not pip if they only get 1 of you.

• Artemis_LH
    Artemis_LH Member Posts: 113
    Options
  • malicedreadheart
    malicedreadheart Member Posts: 1
    Options

There's a counter strategy to this it's called doing bones or waiting for it to activate and find the activated bones I mean if this was the case why not just take out borrowed time as well since you get it for free with Bill. You just need to learn to not get out played stop complaining and be a killer for a little bit and see it from our eyes

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

I am sorry that killing is the killer's only objective. What are they supposed to do? Just hook everyone one after another and let survivors do generators unopposed?

Survivors have alot more options than just rushing generators.

• Hahahhahah855
    Hahahhahah855 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Umnnn...maybe you should get banned or quit permanently, kiddo.

For starters: Mori's are not that common to get in the blood web they are usually obtainable at 25 and higher (lower if lucky), noed is suppose to make sure people dont farm points off the killer because thats what they did idiot, the hours is literally a sh*t idea like 50-100 hours (4 days and 4 hours maximum) for those that begin the game makes sure the get farmed afterwards, and finally get it through your ant sized brain that noed is not a "out of jail pass" its a new regulation to make gameplay fair; you only want it disabled so you could farm points and its mostly a "out of jail pass" for survivors if its removed.

• Technician19XX
    Technician19XX Member Posts: 13
    Options

Not "All killers" and it depends upon how stupid the survivor plays. I am a wraith main. And the only time I willing to sacrifice the whole game is when the survivor in question is being a tool. If i am hooking a survivor and the second he touches the hook idiot tries taking him off, yes i will tunnel the 2nd player till he dies. Plain and simple because he did something stupid that would have gotten his buddy killed and there is no reason to bully someone who has no say in the matter, downing and re-hooking the prior hooked suvivor.

There is a difference between a killer doing their job and needing to use crutch perks for an easy 4k. Just like there is a difference between a survivor eluding the killer legit, or using BT and DS to be toxic.

The best thing I can think of is making things like NoED, BT, and DS more situational. However I have limited experience with DS. I have never used it myself. I have had it used on me however.

*NoED could be altered so if only proc's if say, only 2 survivors have been hooked before the exit gates are powered

*BT only proc's if the hooked survivor is in struggle

*DS I could see procing if the chase is shorter than say 90seconds. Because that usually means you got jumped by the killer and it would be genuine "second chance"

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158
    Options

The most satisfying thing is when I see noed totem bust like 5 seconds after endgame has started. I literally lmao every time

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158
    Options

You have to work for devour. You don’t have to do a damn thing for noed

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

There are SO many better perks ahead of Noed that if a Killer feels like they need it you kind of have to feel sorry for them that they cant utilize these better perks because they require more skill than waiting for basically match failure in order to win.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Huh? I don't have to work for Devour, I just have to hope the survivors aren't working to clear it. It does it's thing automatically though.

• Its_Vigo_Here
    Its_Vigo_Here Member Posts: 118
    Options

Yo you raise a good point but you're being a bit of a dumbass. No Ed trades power throughout the entire game and gives it to you at the end of the game. You were able to outplay them because you were playing against a crippled killer. If you really outplayed them then you would have the time to destroy the bones before the killer is capable of camping someone to death. I do agree with you though Moris are kind of bullshit and definitely need to be changed.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

killers have one perk that get out of jail and survivor have how many your main showing do bones.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317
    Options

Sure! As long as we do the same for DS.

• Damarus
    Options

Ahhhh, it seemed strange that nobody had still come up with this stupid point, yet. I've had games where I cleansed ALL 5 totems, amigo.

Other games where I cleansed 3-4 of them and someone else did the others. But, most of the time, people don't care about totems, and ONE player CANNOT be the ONLY ONE searching across the ENTIRE map. Yes, noed is for bad, pathetic players, there is no denying that. I mean, there is, but denial only comes from those who want to feel skilled while bringing a cheesy perk. Ebony Mori, noed, Iridiscent Head for Huntress. Yup, all bad players' bread and butter. Now please, spare me from being the usual one trick pony who goes for "you play without a perk until end game" point. You play with a perk that gives you an undeniable edge during end game because you're sure you won't be able to prevent them from getting there. So you need the game to do the work for you.

About Dead Hard, I always felt like it needed to have a longer cooldown and not be instantly teafy again when you get hooked. But, if I have to be honest, killers are always hitting me mid animation since crossplay came out. Now, if you'll excuse me, I feel like the light you were shedding was a tad too feeble.

• ble3kaudio
    ble3kaudio Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2020
    Options

As I survivor main, I say should leave NOED alone, and just do totems. Also, I can't get annoyed with NOED when a killer actually has an ENDGAME BUILD with Blood Warden coupled.Totally valid. I actually find Endgame play the most fun when you are trying to get rescues and clean a totem and there is a lot of pressure. Also, nothing is more rewarding than cleaning all the totems and for a killer to be relying on a no-longer present NOED. Perk is fine as is.

• Damarus
    Options

Where? Where tf have you been all this time? Jesus, I can't believe there's someone who genuinely looks to be a decent person here. There is reasoning here guys, take notes.

And yes, I agree with you on almost everything. I too tend to chase the unhooker, especially if he does so in my face. Well, unless they are toxix, that is. If I need some pressure and have them waste time, I might hit the unhooked survivor and leave him on the ground, then start chasing the unhooker. Doing to others the stuff I hate done to myself would be hypocritical, after all. I would also remove the increased move speed on every noed tier, though. There is already so much tunneling and Bloodlust in the game (to me, tunneling is chasing the same guy until he goes down, not only downing a freshly unhooked one). Other than that, I agree with you on every point.

• StarTrustTV
    StarTrustTV Member Posts: 5
    Options

Personally, I dont think this should happen. Any killer who actually knows the value of a perk slot wont waste it on noed and even with newer players they might still be using noed (for some reason) after 50-100 hours because not only are they getting better but so is everyone else playing with them.

Even if this were to happen to just killers, it would be completely stupid and the killer side of the community would demand this to be undone or even balance it out by taking one of the survivors perks. Noed is a second chance perk and survivors already have too many second chances so this suggestion would completely cause the community against each other.

Its not a good idea as a developer to disable a perk after a specific amount of hours that was designed to be in the game. Even as killers survivors have so much power and i personally think that even killers deserve a second chance perk.

• StarTrustTV
    StarTrustTV Member Posts: 5
    Options
  • WokeNea
    WokeNea Member Posts: 34
    Options

It may be for you as a killer main I almost never use noed unless I know I'm going to need it to get at least 1 kill it does not and I repeat does not reward bad gameplay decisions it rewards that all the survivors do is sit on a red box hitting spacebar or r1 or r they aren't doing bones if someone is already "doing bones" do gens.

It's like me calling out a dead hard you guys call out noed on an m1 killer if they dont use their m1 and they are a chainsaw bro then you have a problem indicate they have the perk and look for it then get the gate open if you want all your swf to escape if your solo I see no reason on trying to save others killers take advantage of that wo when people like you say it should be disabled or deleted I get frustrated because I put hours on this game for what ? A survivor (Who is a functional human being) tells me what to run oh while your at it run nothing i dont even run the God damn perk listen if you are going to tell a killer to not run noed remember they are human because they will also throw salt at your face.

• Technician19XX
    Options

I mean I can't see complaining about a misbehavior then partaking in it. If someone is going to unhook in my face because of DS, yes I will tunnel because you literally just screwed the survivor who was hooked. Or if you are going to taunt me. Yeah I'll tunnel for that too. Tbagging on pallets will just get you killed. And if i tunnel one survivor that hard i understand the others may escape. But if they deserve it thats on them. I have also been known to let survivors escape because their own team screwed them over to the point they should have DCed but didn't. Then come to find out they are a new rank 20 or some shite.

A few days ago I hooked this dude, hit a second who tried to rip him off the hook as soon as i hook him. He takes the chance and finishes unhooking then has the nerve to try to tbag me. Because he had BT and DS. After chasing him down twice. He got camped. Am I proud of it? No. Did he win the stupid prize from winning a stupid game? Yes. Did the other three survivors escape cause i was busy? Yes. Was it worth it? Your goddamn right.

• ClaudettegetsnoBPS
    ClaudettegetsnoBPS Member Posts: 16
    Options

Dude, the killers objective is to bring pain, be that stopping repairs, hitting them, hooking them, or stalking them, the ranking and blood point system reward you for playing without tunneling or camping, and as for survivors the objective is to save your teammates and then save yourself.

• Damarus
    Options

Oh well, toxic people always deserve to be reserved the same treatment. The thing is, this community is even more toxic than waste disposal. I have never seen such a toxic community, and this comes from a League Of Legends player, mind you.

To be fair though, it seems it just increased because of crossplay. I'm not going against a single killer who lets the last survivor go, even if he did everything, while the others died in few minutes (yeah, most of the time I am that last survivor). Of course, I don't mean anybody is entitled to anything, but I used to meet players who let the last one go more often, before. And every killer seems to be going tryhard mode. I've had a match, yesterday, against an Huntress with Ebony Ebony Mori, Iridiscent Head, NoeD and who also tunneled to death. He only went for instadowns, of course, and moried everyone on second down. I mean, he didn't even pip, it was just to be a douche.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

Thats just a rank system i dont care for.

Also you dont get rewarded for not tunneling.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    Options

Yeah well I have had plenty of games where a killer never got a down, because the map had a billion pallets, before 3 gens were done. So I guess Noed is fine too. Just because someone plays a certain way or gets unlucky doesnt mean a perk is the answer to counter the problem

Honestly just rework both perks, or put some sort of limiter on them so they arent as obnoxious. Like Noed, you should have to do some work for it to even activate so you cant just afk and wait for end game, and then it should probably still have limits of a sort. Like a limited amount of one hits and maybe a warning that everyone is Exposed when the final gen gets done. Something like that.

Ds could for all I care be active the entire game after an unhook, but the second you do an action that helps progress the game. Healing(not being healed by others), taking protective hits, unhooking, repairing. Etc. Essentially anything that isn't, used in a chase should turn it off. And I would add ontop of that, that the perk should be permanently disabled if the exit gates are open.

Mostly just tired of overly confident immortals sitting on gens, jumping in lockers, running to unhook, running at me. Because they know the best I can do is slug but they probably has the counter to that as well. If slugging is even an option.

And same goes for NOED. Tired of bad killers getting pity rewards for failing. But had games where I as a killer caught and hooked 3 out of 4 survivors over and over again. But I could not catch the fourth without losing the game. She just looped me way too well and would have cost me at least 1 gen to get her down. But at the same time she never came for saves either so she was never in an unsafe area. But when the last gen was done she went for a save, close to a door and took a protection hit from a Clown with NOED. She was not happy but she did save 1 person.

At least I had done something all game.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

...? You seem to have deftly evaded all of the points of my post that actually matter and focused on the minor comments I made, but w/e.

Your reply didn't actually provide any evidence for finding all totems before all gens are done not being completely luck-based (even though you say it is "0 skill"). I will give you three different scenarios to contradict your (imo groundless) claim:

1. I am chased all game until I get downed by the killer before the last gen is done. All of my other teammates are found and go down within the next 60 seconds until we're all downed/on the hook together. I have purposefully avoided them with Bond to let them do gens while I'm being chased. They've had no previous interaction with the killer, but have managed to cleanse more totems than me simply because I was preoccupied. According to all common sense when it comes to evaluating player skill, I would be the player that has shown myself to be more skilled. The other players have not had the opportunity to do so (other than efficiency at gens), and I'm meant to believe that they are more skilled because they've found more totems? I sincerely think not.
    2. I'm playing a game where I do gens the majority of my time until it looks securely like I don't have to worry about not being able to finish them. At that point, I go in search of totems I haven't seen yet (I've found one while travelling from gen to gen thus far). Unbeknownst to me, all of my other teammates who didn't communicate before the match have small game (the luck of that is real), and all of them have found the rest of the totems. One person has found two. Am I less skilled than that player, who had not been completing as many crucial gens as I'd been? I think not.
    3. I decide I want to just focus on getting totems done all game. It's a game against old Nurse with fast blink combo (RIP), and I'm new to the game, but I've watched enough DbD on YouTube to know all the totem spawns possible. All of my other teammates last appreciably long enough in chases or are good at not being found. They focus on generators in order to escape the horror of the killer. I do all the totems and continue to help out, but I go down in 30 seconds of being found, I'm not great at hiding, I'm too scared to push objectives where it matters, and I'm the first to die. I'm certainly the least skilled survivor on the team, and on the end game screen, I see that everyone else's ranks are in the single digits while I am in the double.

With all of those examples of how a survivor has managed to be less skillful and yet do more totems, I fail to see how your point holds up in the slightest.

You focus a lot on saying that I don't know where totems spawn, and while I don't know every spawn for every tile on newer maps like Dead Dawg (ugh) Saloon, it's not uncommon for me to find several totems that haven't been cleansed during the EGC on older maps. I going reiterate that knowledge IS NOT skill because calling it "whatever you want" is deceptive and false. Knowledge may be power, but it cannot be confused for the possession of skill. I can know precisely how I'm meant to be a great looper but still have slow reaction time, which gives killers downs that wouldn't be possible against a more skilled survivor.

In regards to your comment about totem RNG "grinding ...[my] gears", I am putting forth that it doesn't bother me nearly as much as you think it does. The only reason I put my parenthetical against totem RNG in my original post was because I am a strong advocate for placing my own totems whenever and wherever I feel like placing them. Here is the link explaining why the current situation isn't entirely sustainable or smart on the part of the developers (you'll see I like stories, but in this other post's case, they are not based on true happenings): https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1405572#Comment_1405572.

I don't think that you are at all taking into consideration all of the relevant factors when it comes to skill or properly evaluating people's issues with NOED. I am happy to be proven wrong, however.

• Technician19XX
    Options

There's A lot of killers that dependant upon certain things, will let a survivor go. You just have to check certain boxes. I went into a match lastnight and he let me go literally because of the outfit on my David. Because he wanted to know what it was so he could get it. I wasn't hit the whole game because he didn't want to risk it. It just depends upon the killer personally.

It isnt entitlement. If you broke chase with The killer say 5 time times in the match because he gave up, or you out played him and you are the last survivor. If i were your killer yeah I'd probably let you go. I got 3, I did my job. If one escapes oh well. The only time I actually hunt the last survivor is if they are being foolish. Or act like they are entitled to it. It is a give to be allowed to escape. And for the love of God. If a killer is letting you leave. Dont wait out the whole collapse timer. Don't taunt at the gate. If you are at a gate and the collapse is below 50% leave. If not I will kill you. Plain and simple.

• Damarus
    Options

Are you seriously telling me there are people who stall the game, even when the killer lets them go? Jesus, this community gets more toxic the more the days go by. But I must say, you are one of few players who play like that.

I just had a match where I decided to take the Nurse, who is utterly awful on console, just to see if some nice survivor would allow me to pick him up off a gen, after 3 blinks (I was after the trophy). And the first one I found, after some convincing, made me do that. I let go 2 of them, and it was a fun match, without anyone sweating (in case you are wondering, the other 2 were uncooperative).

Now, of course those aren't the only situations that lead me to let someone escape. To be fair, though, I am not doing it too often, nowadays. If killers never let me go when I play survivor, why should I let them? Yeah, wrong way to think, I know, but sometimes you just need a taste of sweet revenge.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    Options

A Noed nerf is a far better option then taking it away from killers. Besides, as others have said, it's not even a busted perk compared to the likes of haunted grounds and devour hope. BooHoo, the killer can one-shot you. Get over yourselves and just use that key that every survivor i play against seems to have, but i digress. The Noed nerf i suggest is that survivors open the exit gates faster by default, with an extra 3/2/1 seconds for opening time taken off every 5 seconds the killer is in a chase. This will make Noed less of a crutch for newer players. I can already hear you saying, "what about remember me?" but it in this case, i guess it can be changed so it doesn't work in conjunction with Noed

• Kind_Lemon
    Options

DH is perfect. This kind of hex is amazing because it's one of the few times as a survivor where I'll go "OH SNAP", and that kind of sudden tension in this game is what I'm playing for.

• Technician19XX
    Options

Yes. If you let some people go they think that gives them the right to troll at the gate for more points.

That is fair, if you only have faced brutal killers i could see why letting them go is less intriguing. But you have to put more of what you want to see into the game. I'm not a big believer in karma. But I have seen a bit of a reprieve lately in killers.

I can see having a need for revenge. I got stomped by a cross play killer (I'm on console) so I jumped in on my wraith with silent clapper and all seeing blood. Got paired with some cross-players and stomped them into dust.

• Technician19XX
    Options

So. Speaking of toxic killers. We just encountered a real p.o.s. on cross-play Killer rank 20, all stock only perk was tinkered 1. Yet SOOOOOMEHOW he could clearly see auras as well as hide his terror radius.

We are 3 stack, the random offed himself on his second hook, just straight up didnt struggle. After he died the killer convinced us he was friendly because we had one basically dc. Then he ripped me off a generator to hook me then face camped until I died. Once I was dead he went after everyone else. The last survivor he taunted gesturing towards picked her up and dropped her a few times next to the hatch then hooked her within 3ft of the hatch.

• ChirpingCat
    ChirpingCat Member Posts: 40
    Options

If the expectation is that survivors do bones, why isn't the number of totems remaining clearly communicated to survivors via a UI element or in-game feature? Saw a brilliant suggestion the other day about a candle shrine being in the basement, where the number of lit candles represented totems left on the map.

• Damarus
    edited August 2020
    Options

One thing I learned while playing this game is to NEVER trust killers. There are a lot of them who pretend to be friendly, just to stab you in the back with these stupid behaviours, because they know there would be no chance for them, otherwise. I remember a match where I was playing Huntress, during Volume 3, because I had to hit survivors with hatchets from 15m or more. There was the last guy alive, a Quentin, and I had already closed the hatch. I was bringing him to a hook, then dropped him and sent him a quick message: "let me hit you from afar twice, and I'll let you go". He did, and I respected my part of the "agreement". But I had the chance of killing him anyway, after I was done with the challenge. Had I been toxic like the guy you met, I would have killed him just the same.

Morale of the story: some people are good people, or at least decent players game and behavior-wise. But the vast majority of them are just needlessly toxic, and that is why the situation is hardly ever going to change..

Edit: Just finished a match against, guess who? A Spirit, of course. The guy saw me twice locked in place near a hill, because the game ia buggy as hell and I could not get out of there unless I quit or was downed. He left me there, cause one less survivor working on gens made it easier for him. The third timex he decided to down him, and of course, he instahooked the guy that was unable to move since the match started. The only thing I managed to do before that, was a single totem. After I was unhooked, the kid proceeded to tunnel the s*it outta me until I died. Wish there was a way to cleanse these players, instead of totems.

Post edited by Damarus on
  • lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

Yeah i didn't read this full post either. Your examples are hilarious and basically it comes down to whining about how your team didn't do their job. It's a team based game and yeah if they suck and fall into the hands of NOED, then you lose. If they were good, then you wouldn't. I got to the nurse example and just laughed.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    Options

I like playing with and against DH as well. I overall like the idea of a powerful perk requiring work to actually use. This idea could also be implemented into A noed rework!

• Kind_Lemon
    Options

cool. nice to know I shouldn't continue bothering to put up any sort of defense to my argument, because apparently any kind of logic is not welcome in this post (why even bother defending NOED with just baseless statements and claims?).

On a side note, I'm glad that my stories were amusing though; I write them to be that way! peace out.