Post your unpopular opinions

Comments

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

If you know how to play her, Pig is legitimately the best counter to the "second chance meta" and deserves some buffs.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543
  • SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

The Hag is fun to play and effective with the right build and effective use of her traps.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I have a long list, but maybe not all of them at once. Crouch walking speed is on there. Camera I can deal with.

• Itachi
    Itachi Member Posts: 55

The new graphics are going to ruin the game.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Giving Pig the power to see RBT timers (with an add-on, even) would not break her.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I totally thought the pig was able to see the timers in the HUD already. 😂

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    • I like Midwich, it's a fun map as a killer. I like the aesthetic and how you can open up additional paths between floors by breaking walls.
    • BBQ and Chili is overrated as a tracking perk. I'd use it if I cared about the bloodpoints but I'm not that worried about them and I'd rather use a perk that is a bit more effective. (Killers with fast map travel can make good use of BBQ and Chili auras though since they can get to where the survivors are very quickly, most though simply can't get there in time before the survivors have already moved on a lot of the time.)
    • Blight looks fun, aside from his hit box for bumping into objects looking like it needs to be shrunk down so he doesn't collide with invisible corners of obstacles. But generally speaking he looks to have the most consistently good map travel of any killer (it's super fast, triggers instantly when he uses it, and has a very short cooldown) and just being able to patrol gens and get into chases really quickly because you can sprint is pretty great. Even if he's pretty much a basic attack killer in a chase if the time he saves Rushing between chases makes up for the longer chases once he gets there then he'll be fine as a killer.
    • Keys are basically fine, other than it might be reasonable if only the key user escaped and then the hatch closed behind them. Multiple people escaping with a single key is a little silly.
    • The Green mori is fine as is. Yellow is useless and Red is overpowered. My suggestion is Yellow should let you kill any survivor that you've hooked twice, Green should remain the same (kill any one survivor that you've hooked once) and Red should do both (let you kill any survivor that you've hooked twice and kill one survivor that you've hooked once.) Beyond that though there's nothing "toxic" about using moris or keys, if the devs didn't want people using them they wouldn't be in the game.
    • Gens are supposed to be completed in most games because the game is balanced so that there are 2 kills on average per match with 0-1 kills happening as often as 3-4 kills in trials with equally skilled opponents. So the majority of games with equally good opponents will have 0-2 kills (probably something like 60% of games will be 0-2 kills, i.e. a killer "win" or a "draw") and all those 0-2 kill games have the Exits open (give or take a handful of key escapes). Exits being open is the majority of closely matched games, killers are always going to have an uphill fight to keep the doors closed at the end of the match even if they play well when they are opposed by equally good survivors. So it shouldn't be surprising when, even after getting a number of hooks and downs and maybe killing a survivor, the survivors manage to still open the doors. It's going to happen and it's not a sign that you are a "bad killer" if it does, assuming it doesn't happen much more than, say, 40% of your games.
  • Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited August 2020

Spinechill is overpowered as it alerts you of danger to immediately hide or get to a pallet. This is specifically strong with SB. It's basically Sprint Burst without the burst.

All Exhaustion perks prevent the punishing of mistakes, so does Spinechill for being out of position, same as they do. People just don't talk about it because compared to other perks it goes under the radar.

• Susinagi
    Susinagi Member Posts: 21

Even though the devs have no clue on what they are doing, They still made this game that we all love and enjoy together.... Sometimes....

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Being slugged is survivor's fault.

If all 4 survivors get slugged, it means they allow to slug themselves to killer. I remember playing vs Myers who couldn't pick up people due the bug as he said later. It was long ago. All he could do is try to slug all team without hooking and he didn't do it well because we did everything to avoid his strategy. We didn't heal at his range, we didn't pick up survivors when he was nearby. He had a really hard time trying to slug all of us. So if all 4 survivors get slugged instantly, it is not because killer is unfair. It happened because survivors played dumb.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Windows of Opportunity is an S Tier perk.

Shows what windows/pallets are available to you.

Shows if pallets have been dropped.

Shows if a killer is destroying a nearby pallet.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

Lol, I do see a lot of complaints from people that are obviously fairly new players. Man they would have lost there mind over hatch stand-off and BNP popping a gen.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I know right? 4 Sweaty survivors with BNP and no Entity Window blockers. A minute into the game you're down to 1 gen and have to hope your mighty NOED and trapper traps placed by the exit gates are enough to secure victory or you won't get enough points to safety pip.

• ChucklesNorris
    ChucklesNorris Member Posts: 12

Badham phone-box should work as a locker.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

DCs are fine and should not incur any penalty beyond loss of points and pips.

Claudette is the best survivor in the game.

Legion is the straight up worst killer (not because he is good or OP, just because mending is lame as all get out and takes up way to much time)

Survivors should have 1 personal ability each like killers

Hex: Ruin was fine the way it was (Survivor Main here)

Slugs should have the option to suicide like 1st hooks, maybe 3 chances to get up, or die. 4 minutes to bleed out is a waste of time.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

I don't think the buba change fixed anything. :')

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

Noed and adrenaline exist only to balance each other out, the game would be better if we just removed both of them.

Just because something gets nerfed doesn't mean the devs thought it was overpowered. Sometimes things should behave differently than they do, even if it means making it slightly weaker. Eg: the many changes to deep wounds, even though legion was pretty weak then.

All killers are viable. They won't win every game, but they all can win even against good survivors. If I can 4k as speed-limiter bubba, I can do anything.

I like the meme addons. I just wish they didn't clutter up my bloodweb. They should each come with a mystery extra addon of the same level, like the boxes.

The community is much nicer than it's made out to be. Most post-match lobbies I see have a couple of ggs, many of them have us ending up as friends, only a tiny amount are toxic.

Blight is gonna be quite a strong killer. Anyone with that much raw mobility will be very effective, he just has some quality of life issues holding him back.

Old Freddy was more enjoyable than current to play and to face. He was extremely unique, probably the most unique we will ever see, and he was much more powerful than people thought if you played him right. (phase mindgames, playing strategic, prioritizing pressure over downs). He was too inconsistent, confusing, and janky but he should have been fixed, not reworked, I hope we get something like him again.

Using DS offensively is fine, but that means you've given up your defense and I will feel no qualms about tunneling you afterwards.

Object of Obsession is an open invitation to tunnel. It's designed to be high risk and high reward, and it's too much power for the killer to just let them be.

Same with key, because if the key holder lasts till the end of the game, they have a good chance of ending the game early, and that's something the killer can't risk.

People with no mither deserve one free slug per game purely for their boldness.

• Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282

The devs suck even more than anybody gives them credit for.

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

Telling the killer in post-match lobby that their killer is boring or unfun is just rude. I wouldn't list all the things survivors do that I enjoy, let's both play for our fun first.

Tunneling and camping aren't fun for anyone. If it's someone who seems to think they're untouchable then yeah it'll be great when they die first, but downing and re-hooking someone right as their taken off hook, or facecamping someone to death isn't demonstrating any kind of skill or competition, it's just trying to switch the match into easy mode.

Camping and tunneling are however far too effective still. Moderate tunneling is the optimal strategy at high ranks and I think it would be better if we moved the game away from that. And no matter how many times people say 'just do gens' it won't happen. There will always be one person who goes for a stupid save, now only 2 people are doing gens and it spirals into a 4k. The fact that just facecamping with bubba or doc will get you at least 2 kills since the gens won't all be done after the first dies, is really stupid.

Once the gens are done though and there's no other objectives on the map, defending and trading hooks should be the killer's priority. What the hell else am I gonna do, follow you to the exit gate? No it's the end game now so you better bring some teamwork and coordination if you want to make a hook save.

• Hurdled
    Hurdled Member Posts: 15

Exactly what I was going to say, otherwise total agreement!

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Not sure if entirely unpopular or not but I don't want to come off as entitled. But especially on Survivor side, BPPH is BRUTAL. Even if running WGLF & an offering, if there's not an event going on, it feels like such a monumental grind that it really makes me feel for new players.

Bloodpoints Per Hour

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Total agreement on Freddy, I find him very boring to play now compared to old Freddy and am sad that a better old freddy never came to the game or will.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Deliverance is not a second chance perk? Like, you're hooked, how's that a second chance. Second chance perks are those that actively save you from getting downed and hooked

But I agree with the overall message, if you need more than 1 second chance/slow down U BAD

Anyway generation 5 of Pokémon was a great gen and at release it was ######### on for no reason

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I main Nea.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Windows of Opportunity is better than any exhaustion perk.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

Iridescent Hatchet is a balanced add-on.

It’s only broken when combined with Leather Loop or Infantry Belt.

• ugDUST
    ugDUST Member Posts: 51

You can styptic agent.

You can try to force him into a tantrum.

You can BT off in a basic attack cool down.

You can do gens.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    • Meg is best girl
    • Being tunneled or genrushed is mostly your fault
    • Crossplay is okay
    • Original chapters are way better than licensed chapter
    • Art & Design Team is the MvP
    • Toxicity is a selling point of this game
    • Indoormaps are the most fun maps
  • ugDUST
    ugDUST Member Posts: 51

The game. The map, the game.

BEST MAP

• Dwoot
    Dwoot Member Posts: 11

Clown and Freddy are very boring to play against.

Shelter woods is also very boring there is no main building just normal jungle gyms and rock pallets

• DCh4rlie
    DCh4rlie Member Posts: 66

Everyone: Omg the new survivor Felix looks so hot sjwnbrjfzsv...

Me: He kinda looks like a Karen...

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241

This!!!

And with the new perk that shuts pallets he will be broken.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

the Meta is extremely boring and running it every game makes you a slave to it

also, Demo is the best killer

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487

The obsession mechanic is terrible. Most perks either just randomly move the status around for very little reason, or actively benefit the obsession/not going for the obsession.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

This is a killers' forum

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Actually, your opinions are quite popular.

On the contrary, the ruin change was a great way to make the game more enjoyable and less rng based for both sides. Less impact at low ranks means killers are less reliant on their ruin staying up and more impact at high ranks means more people can use it successfully. Killers also have more control over it, which is awesome.

Freddy is fine, waking up could use some tweaking but other than that he's not too strong. Spirit is a different story.

Finally, Legion is a fun killer to go against. Sure their an m1 once you're injured and they always runs around making you mend, but the way they punish cooperation is pretty unique and trying to predict their movement and hit the correct objectives is a fun break from the less strategic gameplay other killers offer.

• Waffleyumboy

You talk about balance but say that a 3k as killer is a loss...ok bud

• Waffleyumboy
  • Waffleyumboy

Kinda sad that these are unpopular opinions. I wouldn't mind if keys and moris got nerfed even harder though.

• Waffleyumboy

Knowing how to play any killer counters the "second chance meta" actually. She does need buffs, among other killers.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Everything I say apparently. 🤔

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

If the devs listened to a lot of balance suggestions made on these forums, the game would be dead.

Spirit is way more fun to play against than Nurse.

Feng Min is really annoying.

• Waffleyumboy