Post your unpopular opinions

124»

Comments

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,310

All the ways people direct their dislike of game elements onto players using said game elements should really stop. I don't care if it's a "sweaty unfun killer" or "smol pp crutch survivor squad", it's in the game so don't blow up at the players for it. That's just peak scrubbery. If someone can't discuss something they dislike without pointing out how bad anyone using it must be or whatever, they probably shouldn't participate in the discussion in the first place.

Not even sure if it's an unpopular opinion, but from how common this sort of misplaced blame is it sure isn't the common consensus.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Pyramid head is an underwhelming addition to dbd.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    edited August 2020

Jane Romero so mighty mighty she should not be allowed to use Sprint Burst, or any other haste based perks, but instead there should be one extra perk slot reserved for her badonkadonk.

Perk aggitation should not only not work on Jane, but anytime she is carried by any killer, that killer should suffer from hindered . Let's be honest:

That lady's stacked and that's a fact... .and even Bubba/Myers is gonna get held back (if they have to carry her)

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Well yeah, about that you are right you don't discriminate : you are disrespectful of everyone opinion so far (from what i read in this thread ^^)

you know it's ok to have an opinion, it's not to be rude because it's different from yours ^^

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Not sure if this counts, but PC players seem to be the most salty beings in dead by daylight in terms of DCing in the middle of a game.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

How am I being disrespectful? Should I write "although I respect your input/opinion" before each of my comments? I ain't callin names or nothin'.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464
    edited August 2020

Oh boy, these are always fun.

SWF isn't that overpowered, you're just bad at killer if you think it is. Comms don't make survivors good, just slightly more efficient. If you think that you're losing every other game to SWF, you're just bad at killer.

Dead Dawg is a great map for both sides. Perfect size, no dead zones, and the main building is strong but conquerable if you break walls. Aesthetically it's also incredible. Probably the best DLC map in the game, save for maybe Father Cambell's Chapel

Deathslinger is top 5 killers in the game.

The Blight is insanely fun and I fully expect him to be very strong once his hitboxes are fixed. The only reason people think he's bad is because they tried him once and sucked, and saw players like Otz and Scott struggle with him too.

The most powerful perk in the game is Unbreakable, not DS or Adrenaline or NOED or whatever players whine about. There is no other perk that can swing the outcome of a game as easily as Unbreakable, save for maybe DS, which can be played around (unless they have Unbreakable). It's a perk with an insanely strong primary effect in a free recovery from slugging, as well as a secondary effect that's also insanely strong in faster recovery.

Spine Chill is massively overrated.

Post edited by KnotEnthusiast on
  • KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

There's a Scott quote that I love about Legion players (myself included), where he says that every legion main's reason for liking him can be boiled down to "haha killer go zooooom"

• Waffleyumboy

Unbreakable can swing the game, but it's super situational. I can literally go for 5 games without being slugged, and often do.

Agree with everything else.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Humanity is like any other animal just more capable of mass extinction. Everything man made has some base existence in nature. Poison isn't new. Radiation isn't either. It comes spewing out from between its crust. Also makes a nice shirt until it catches fire and binds itself to your skin. You should wear only 100% cotton for that reason.

The planet itself doesn't care. It will continue to exist, and the microorganisms will just start over again should they wipe themselves out.

The real tragedy will be the lost culture. Memes.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Deathslinger and Pyramid head are unfair.

Not sure why i have so much trouble with these two i don't have trouble against huntress unless they're godly. But putting me against one of them almost guarantees i die.

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376

Nurse is the most fun killer by far.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

This game is no where as survivor-sided as people tend to make it out; they remember the days from where it legit was super survivor-sided and just run with it, never even stopping to critically think about how the game has changed.

in the same vein, killers are overly sensitive. I've had people tunnel or mori me because I was Scoop Troop Steve, and not even because I was toxic (which I am not, unless you count being marginally decent at looping as toxic).

Likewise, survivors: outside of a few situations (stridor spirit, ebony moris, iri huntress), the killer isn't OP, you just sucked.

• Waffleyumboy
  • Tsair
    Tsair Member Posts: 49

Calling someone sweaty or a try hard is not an insult. Some people have fun when they win, and it's not insane to try to win.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Not really though. Just because you don't like going against certain killers doesn't mean others don't. And if you dc you juat ruin the match for everyone else. Many hate going against Doc for example, while he is one of my favorite killers to go against.

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688

Cross-play should be opt-in instead of opt-out.

• PyramidHead
    PyramidHead Member Posts: 29

Midwich is currently my favorite map in the game, both for looks and gameplay.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601

Shift+W is strong even if you're a bad player and go no where because it wastes a ton of time, especially on large maps and especially if you run where gens are done.

More pallets/walls that force mind games and skill while decreasing map size, thus forcing more interaction with looping would make the game better.

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402

Legion is not unfun to play against. Also remove the game, Hawkins and Ormond. Please

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320

You should bring either bring a medkit or self-care into the match. Don't depend on teammates to heal you.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

dont tip the stripper.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
  • Calisto_667
    Calisto_667 Member Posts: 137

Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Dead Hard, Unbreakable and Soul Guard are fine perks and not OP in the slightest.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

There's a difference: opt-in means CP would be disabled by default, and opt-out is what we have.

• Nineball
    Nineball Member Posts: 28
    1. I really like the Blight's power in concept. It could use a little more finessing to get to a point, specifically with how wonky the Lethal Rush is, and maybe give like a extra half second on aiming after Slamming, but all in all I really like Pinball Alchemist.
    2. Tunneling and Camping is a tactical decision on the Killer's part and sometimes it is the correct decision.
    3. The only toxic behavior is in post-game chat with people yelling and complaining to each other. Any 'toxic'' behavior form either side in game is either a tactical decision or a taunt, which I would not call toxic. Exceptions: item-teching, sandbagging (among survivors), etc.
    4. Following up with number 3: Survivors on the whole are more toxic than killers in my experience.
    5. Survivors must realize that there are 5 teams in each match. Your survival does not beget my survival. I don't get rewarded because you get out and not me, and too often I see someone go in for an important save, just to lose their courage immediately after unhooking and wont commit to protecting the unhooked survivor.
    6. Mettle of Man is the perk of true champions, and is easy to proc if you commit yourself to it. "But you gotta work on gens!" Nope, I regularly turn 2k and 3k into maybe myself dying on hook, and the other three go out through gates.Sometimes I get lucky and I get to leave too.
    7. The meta is so saturated with DS that every killer works around it or just bites it. Personally I bite it if I have any sort of lead just to get it out of the way, and I have contingencies on how to handle it once it becomes an issue.
  • Hurdled
    Hurdled Member Posts: 15

I really enjoy getting mori'd.

Dying as survivor shouldn't be unexpected and it's no reason to rage out. People get way too intense and competitive in this game for no reason.

Pipping is pointless since your rank doesn't even seem to affect who you play anymore (MMR or not).

Toxicity isn't inherent to this game and real toxicity is rarer than the forums make you believe.

All this doesn't mean you shouldn't still try your best, people who suicide on the first hook are just bad, not tactical or protesting.

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

Michael Myers is Hot

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

Billy is not the golden standard of killer balance.

• IR3KTheTrend
    IR3KTheTrend Member Posts: 23

They need to make it to where you can trash or delete unwanted item that you don't use or want

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
  • BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

I love spies from the shadows...

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

The game is generally fine and well balanced. For every single thing that people complain about, there is a strategy or perk to counter it, except for dedicated face camping. If you make some loud noise events or teabag to distract and he doesn't leave, then that hooked surv is just Dead.

Tunelling is fine, you have DS, BT and unbreakable to counter.

SWF is fine cause you can use the comms against them by playing mind games

Any killer or perk that has bern nerfed was nerfed for good reason. Maybe not always a perfect nerf in all situations, but nothing is "useless" or "unplayable"

Body blocking is viable because it goes both ways. Survivors can body block to try and keep you from hooking, but there's true grit to counter. Conversely, killers can body block doorways or windows, which is perfect when you hit one survivor and he clips through you to get out, but their friends can't follow because you're blocking that path out while the killer is stunned.

Moris are fine because you can tell there's a mori when the offerings are presenting, letting you know you have to change your strat.

Keys are fine for the same reason, killers will know they have to play more aggressively to keep survs from hatch escaping.

Slugging is fine because you can hide till help arrives, or until you're the last one and you can hatch out. Plus, there are several perks that help you when slugged.

Huntress with iri heads are fine, because you only have 3 hatchets at most and it takes serious skill to use right.

Basically, people love to complain without trying new strategies to counter the things they don't like.

• MotherOfRaccoons
    MotherOfRaccoons Member Posts: 38

Dbd community is awesome. No /s there, I really enjoy the fun people (and just ignore the rude ones).

• Waffleyumboy

Yes there would still be crossplay and you still chose when to have it enabled. No difference at all.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

SWF isn't inherently toxic.

For perspective, I'm almost 2 months playing and EVERY person I SWF with is someone I met in lobby or a Killer I messaged after a match to send a compliment/friendly GG.

I learn something new when I SWF. These are other players in the DBD community who willingly play with a self-confessed newbie and share their knowledge with me. For that I'm truly appreciative because it's not a game you easily pick up, and to hear ppl constantly lump SWF into toxic trolls does a disservice to those players trying to help.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Claudette needs to stop hiding in the locker.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Nurse is still the best killer in the game. Not spirit or anyone else.

Legendary skins are fine.

Laurie looks like a horse.

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

If Dead By Daylight were ever actually "balanced" no one would play it or think that it was fun.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Size doesn't matter, only the techniques 😏

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    edited August 2020

-You don't need the Chewed Pen and Olsen's Address Book add-ons (AKA power recovery stacking) to be good with The Ghost Face.

-The Clown is actually good if you know how to properly manage and aim bottles

-Jeffs perks (not Distortion, plz buff tokens) are actually one of the best survivor perks in the game. They are unfortunately super underused.

-The dream state on hit by The Nightmare should be changed to only increase the dream timer by 25% / 50% rather than instant dream transition. This should compensate for the fact that he has an immensely strong kit.

-Survivors that DC should be killed by the Endgame animation, counting as a sacrifice. Remaining survivors should have an increase in points for the Abandoned event as well.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

it's hard to pip as solo queue survivor, especially at purple/green ranks. Got stuck there after rank reset. You either destroy the killer and get no points or you get facecamped/tunneled and get no points. Games were much easier at red ranks because of better team mates and better killers.

I complan about killer matches but am rank 1 again because with some killers it's super easy to pip, even if you only get 1k.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Survivors and killers should see if the other is bringing pink add-ons and offerings to be able to either dodge or prep. Finding out in the loading screen or in game just causes toxic gameplay.