Long Killer Queues? 15+ Mins?

Tanadris
Tanadris Member Posts: 59
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to gauge this properly so I figured I would ask in General:

Is anyone having ridiculously long Killer queues? Over 10 mins? I get to 15 mins and I don't even bother anymore.

Hoping to get some feedback because I don't understand why I can't queue up as Killer without the long wait.

Best,

Tanadris

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

Hey Tanadris,

How many hours do you have approximately in DbD? This may have an effect. Also, sometimes it is hit or miss. unfortunately what is really to blame here is unknown. Some killer queues can be less than a minute to even 30 minutes if you're a brand new player playing during a low population time period. most players will be online on the weekends (duh) which is where you will see your shortest queues statistically.

• Tanadris

I'm just under 1k hours. 35k Players online rn. But I have like 800 Killer hours so Idk.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

This is impossible. Killers queues should be shorter according to BHVR in their infinite wisdom of the MMR system variety.

We all know BHVR is NeVeR wRoNg!

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413
    edited August 2020

Yes. It's always been like this on PC/NA (at least for the month that I've played the game). Queue times used to be much better late night EST, like 11 PM+, but now they're ######### 24/7. They fixed auras only to hopelessly break MM, you wait forever to get a red rank SWF and it's over in 1/3rd or less of the time you waited in queue. Even survivor games which were previously instant now take 5+ minutes in queue. The game is straight up not fun to play at all right now.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

What platform are you playing on?

• Tanadris

I waited for 20 mins last night and gave up so I might need to run a timer to see when queue actually pops. I love playing both sides but man I haven't played Killer since Sunday night.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I'm not sure, but usually I get really slow queues at around this time until around 9 p.m central time.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited August 2020

10-15 minute queues when they were instant or very short prior to this new matchmaking is just plain unacceptable.

"Should make queues faster." uh huh

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

in the morning not matter if i play survivor or killer i get long wait times but if I play either role at night/evening i get matches fast.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

You gotta remember that for every killer player their needs to be four survivor players which is part of the reason for it I am sure. The old system heavily favored old killers over new ones. With mmr it helps new killers find matches easier at the expense of veterans so everything has trade offs 😅

• Zevlow
    Zevlow Member Posts: 16

Good, I'm not the only one. I thought maybe because I like playing Michael Myers, I wasn't getting games.