Change 4% to 20%

Options
D_Orien
D_Orien Member Posts: 115
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Then we can have an actual chance at not going into 2nd hook: due to potatoes who refuse to leave their little "patch" (safespace).

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• D_Orien
    Options

Deliverance won't be on every character you want to play as that has your best set up.

Luck offerings are 99.9% pointless.

• D_Orien
    Options
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

And so would saving survivors if they had a 60% chance of pulling themselves off, 4% is fine, play with a team if you want to be saved.

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413
    edited August 2020
    Options

Sometimes letting you die is the right play. I just lost a game to a face camping NOED Spirit (console), we had 4 gens done, but she ended up with a 4K, because I tried to save my teammates, and so did they. That's my fault, and also my other teammates. If we had just done the last gen it would have been possible to make a play or at least get 2 or 3 out.

• Duniek94
    Duniek94 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Pff maybe add 50% + rest of 2nd chances perk u are crazy dude go play vs rank 1 survivors if u are not spirit nurse or freddy

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

Mmm.. why not change it to 100%?

• D_Orien
    Options

There is no 60%. 20% is better than 4%, but it's not an outstanding chance.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317
    Options

LOL.

• D_Orien
    Options
  • OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703
    Options

I think the 60% is from the fact you have 3 attempts, the only thing I'm confused is why they didnt refer to the 4% as 12% in that case

• D_Orien
    Options

But that evaluation is still incorrect. It's 20% 3x. You have 3 chances to unhook yourself with a 20% chance. If the chances were really added up, you'd have a 40% chance 2nd try; 60% on 3rd -- this is not the case.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020
    Options

just try to escape, and don't kill your wrist and interface trying to struggle if you're being camped or believe you're gonna be found too quickly and tunneled out of the game. get a jump start on the next long queue. as abonus, more people might play killers the more do this, making those queues shorter eventually if that's the case. making it a potential win-win-win

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

If you're worried about being left on the hook, bring Kindred. If you're worried about always getting matched with potatoes, getting good is a good start :) It's supposed to be rare that someone pulls themselves off the hook and it should stay that way.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

So you want it to go from 12% to 60%? Nah. Perhaps it would be a better idea to give hooked survivors the ability to affect the game a little more, perhaps completing a mini game could give the other survivors slightly increased vault and walk speed,whilst also giving them a notification that you want to be picked up. That way survivors aren't sitting on the hook doing nothing but also not ditching as soon as the killer walks away. Because you'll see camping go way up if you tell killers the survivor has a 60% chance at escaping without anyone else.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

No! 20% would be to much.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
    Options

Maybe try ranking up, the higher rank you are the higher chance your team mates will have an idea how to play the game.

Granted there's a lot of potatoes at red ranks, but there are less potatoes at red ranks than there are at say green ranks.

Although when I'm playing survivor and I see a survivor get downed within five seconds, I'll question how valuable they are to the team. Often I'll prioritize finishing my generator before saving them.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

It’s not even letting people die, I’ve had teammates (most likely OP) that wait five seconds and if no one is running for the save they start trying themselves... I have a full minute before you go to second stage, if I’m 80% of the way into a gen then I still have plenty of time to compete and head to get you if nobody else goes first.

Meanwhile I have teammates willing to leave a gen at 99% to go make a save the INSTANT someone gets hook so the killer pops it, turns around and heads over to “tunnel,” the first person and then chase the savior. Now we have someone slugged, someone being chased and a gen that could have been finished but will now be regressing back to zero.

• KIKI_
    KIKI_ Member Posts: 135
    edited August 2020
    Options

Four percent already is a second chance that shouldn't exist yet you want to make it more powerful. You realize it rewards survivors and punishes killers out of nowhere?

People sometimes have problems understanding that you are playing against a person not an AI and what that brings. If this were a PVE game then sure, why not. Screw AI. But you are playing against a person, that already has a lot to do own it's and on top of that you want to make them deal with a 20% chance of them escaping when they did their job just fine? Does it really make sense in your head?

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Having somebody 4% off hook and losing the game is annoying enough but increasing the chances so that it happens about 20% which means they unhook about 60% of the time someone uses their 3 attempts is annoying and wrong

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

20% is way too much.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

3 tries of 4% means you have ~11,5% to get off

3 tries of 20% is roughly 49%

Do we really want survivors to unhook themself 50% of the time, people would just always try it and then suicide if they didn't get lucky

Simply a horrible idea

• D_Orien
    Options

Except they don't add up. You don't get a 40% chance on 2nd hook for example.

• D_Orien
    Options

No. You factually have no idea how bad 20% chance actually is. But at least it's not ######### compared to 4%.

• Todgeweiht
    Options

20% is 5 times 4%. So if you were to attempt to escape, you would have a 1/5 chance of escape, which is way too much.

• D_Orien
    edited August 2020
    Options

It isn't. You and others just want an easy automatic 2nd hook.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331
    Options

I think they should rework slippery meat to do what you said instead of giving you extra attempts. This is to powerful for basekit but as a perk I'd argue it'd be weaker then decisive strike or unbreakable :)

• Todgeweiht
    Options

No? I just want my hooks to have some value, and that survivors can have a high chance of escaping my well earned hooks, especially with perks like DS on play.

• Kumakx
    Kumakx Member Posts: 262
    Options

Slippery meat + luck offerings

without offerings, chance to NOT escape is 0.96^6 (failing 4% 6 times) so around 78.3%. Opposite of that is your chance to escape so ~21.7%

with luck offerings:

Slightly = 1% is 26.5% chance to escape

Moderately = 2% is 31.0% chance to escape

Considerably = 3% is 35.4% chance to escape

You can go even further ahead, and add perk Up the ante, if it gives you additional +3% of luck on top of +3% from offering, it will be 46.9% chance to escape.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

If you dont want people to bring bp offerings, then we have even less reason to care about staying long. Absolutely nothing to lose. :^)

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Do remember that the odds of escaping are MUCH higher than the odds of a single escape attempt succeeding.

For example, right now with 4% odds that means a given attempt of failing is 96%.

Since you need to fail to escape 3 times in a row to actually not escape, that means the odds are 0.96^3, that is 88.4736% or 0.11.5264%. So about 1 in 10ish

Now if we bump this up to 20% and repeat the proccess:

0.8^3 = 51.2% or a 48.8% odds of escaping.

But either way it really doesn't matter, because in trying to solve one problem you make an entirely different problem much worse, specifically the fact that the whole point of hooking in the first place was to force a save to create pressure and momentum. Self unhooks undermine this and destroy the Killers pressure which is a major balance issue.

With this in mind even 4% is too much, but at least here it's low enough that people won't actually be attempting a kobe very often except as a last resort and thus it's not as problematic as it mathematically should be. With 20% this is not the case.

In the case of Deliverance you still need to be getting unhooks and in the case of luck builds they have extreme opportunity costs. But basekit kobies are a bigger problem than lazy teammates.

Especially because Survivors that are suicidally unhook happy is much more common than Survivors that ignore unhooking entirely.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

bait

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

What i showed was the procent chance in total.

You know if you do things multiple times you have more chance of succeeding right?

• SocialDistomancy
    Options

"Fools! You could have overpowered me with the loss of but one! Now you all die!" - The Shredder

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

Deliverance WILL be on every character if you want to get off the hook free. If you don't have it, run Slippery Meat and bring a good luck offering.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

I don’t expect ANY second hooks, the only people who attempt to escape themselves are Deliverance users, people stacking crazy luck, quitters trying to die, and total MORONS

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

I think 20 it's a bit too much but changing the odds to 5% doesn't sounds too bad, you have a 1/20 chances to escape.

Also as many suggested, a rework of the luck mechanic will be ideal.

• Lumen
    Lumen Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2020
    Options

@D_Orien You're probably not thinking about the math behind your suggestion. @Sonzaishinai and @Kumakx is correct in their estimate.

Every survivor has 3 independent tries to jump off the hook, with a 96% failure rate. This translates to 96/100 times an unhook attempt will fail, which represented as a decimal value is 0.96.

Since each attempt is independent, to find your overall chance at jumping off hook, we would multiply 0.96 * 0.96 * 0.96 = 0.88, which is an ~88% chance to fail all three attempts to escape, or you could say you have a ~12% chance to escape.

If your 20% proposal was pushed through, 0.80 * 0.80 * 0.80 = 0.512 = 51.2% chance to get off hook failure rate, with 48.8% overall chance to unhook yourself (edit is in italics/strikethrough) if all three attempts were used. With odds like this, I would just face camp everyone to second stage hook. Is that what you want killers to do?

If you really want more chances at unhooking, just run slippery meat for the 3 extra attempts to jump off hook. 0.96 * 0.96 * 0.96 * 0.96 * 0.96 * 0.96 = 0.78 = 78% total failure rate, 22% chance at unhooking (this math only works if you use ALL attempts to unhook yourself).

So yeah, just run Slippery Meat. You're welcome for this solution.

• Irvin
    Irvin Member Posts: 130
    Options

Terrible advice, if you are being camped the best thing to do is wait the whole duration so the team can do gens and punish the camper. Sucks for the person being camped but it reduces the chance of them getting any extra kills.

• SocialDistomancy
    edited August 2020
    Options

uh no, the terrible thing to do is sit when the queues were still 10 minutes staring at the screen, and then stare at the screen another few minutes when instead you could have spent the time staring at the screen killing a few minutes off of another queue. just like killers don't log on to open up an entertainment serving soup kitchen on their computer solo survivors camped or tunneled into oblivion don't as well. If you wanna do the gens, do them on your own time. My queues were faster again finally last night, and I deranked enough to stop having nothing but red rank killers, but if my experience had still been the same I would still have been playing that way otherwise I would have expected compensation for the time I'd given to only provide enjoyment for others at the expense of my own enjoyment and my own time. There is a reason why your employer pays you, because if they didn't and you didn't enjoy the work you wouldn't do it. Especially the more tedious and unstimulating it is.

I've literally fallen asleep on the hook before, with a lot of coffee in my system, from the boredom on exceptionally bad days. And then been bitched about it afterward because I was apparently unhooked and only awoke because of the end match jingle that plays shocking me awake. What do they expect me to do? Sit there and stare at the damned screen all night in matches after doing it in between them too while they get to play? If I'm unstimulated long enough in a match on a night that's been especially brutal by an unlucky day on dbd the tedium builds and I begin nodding off within an hour or so of too many boring matches in a row. It's just the way my brain is wired. So actually, you are spared potentially unhooking a guy that may have already fallen asleep in my case. You could do something more valuable like gens with that time, or something more profitable like gaining bp if you're chased, and I could keep myself occupied on youtube or shitposting somewhere while I shave some minutes off of another queue. It's a win-win.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
    Options

If you have slippery meat, you are almost guaranteed to unhook yourself if you do all unhook attempts. Think about that please.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    Options

You can have maybe 8-10%, and thats if BHVR removes the ability to try and unhook more than once. You should have only have 1 opportunity to get off the hook and it wouldn't reduce the duration by more than it does now. This would make slippery meat not totally useless. Deliverance will still work, and could potentially be buffed (less broken duration, if any) and it would basically stop people from suiciding on hooks as fast as they do.