What is this? The survivor invasion on deathslinger?

Options
Talmeer
Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

Billy got his nerf and the dust has not even settled and now we have a ton of deathslinger nerf threads already?

What should this?

Imo, every nerf of a killer, or a survivor abilitie makes the game more boring.

Do some people really prefer a dangerous free match, where the biggest problem are the skill checks on a gen?

I watching this pattern already more as a year in this forums and I still have never get how nerfs have make the game better.

Guys who cry for nerfs, rob theirself for good and exciting matches imo.

Maybe I am alone with this but to nerf everything is the wrong way. This makes a game boring.

And before someone comes with this up... No I am not a deathslinger main. I have not even bought the dlc.

I have this thread write to wake maybe the one or other guy up.

Comments

• Talmeer
    edited August 2020
    Options

I have on this forum read enough billy nerf threads, before his nerf.

I have even read on this forum clown nerf threads to the pre-buff clown.

Honestly, I don't think there is a killer in dbd, where someone has not already write a nerf thread too.

What you say are excuses why you act how you act. More for yourself, as for the people you talk with.

The problem is, everybody has those excuses, just with a other thing in his mind. One guy thinks maybe on Meyers right now, a other on sprint burst and so on.

If we follow this road, we can only lose as players, because if everything gets nerfed what annoys someone, -nothing will be left of dbd.

@Maperson

Things like that as example, yeah. Not everyone, but many people tend to play the characters/perks that are known as "strong" and so the world of dbd goes more smaller with every nerf-patch.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options
  • SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    edited August 2020
    Options

I actually liked the Billy changes, his addons got rightly nerfed and the basekit changes are so small he still feels balanced. My Biggest problem with Death Slinger, And most other high tiers. iIs that theres not much you can do. With spirit you can try to mindgame but if shes running stridor your kinda boned. Freddys just a standard m1 killer who can slow you down without doing much, and a good Nurse can just outright disable pallets. Death Slinger is kinda in the same boat without actually being all that strong imo, sure you can duck behind cover but whats the fun in that? I'd rather mind game than walk until hes able to shoot me. Sorry for the long and kinda unrelated post.

Post edited by SCP_FOR_DBD on
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Well trust me, I know plenty of people who've been complaining about him since release. Just because they're not on the forums doesn't mean they don't exist.

And Spirit has had complaints since she got her 2nd set of buffs, and those complaints have continued up to the present. They didn't come out of nowhere and they still haven't come out of nowhere, and they're not likely to go anywhere either.

People have always been complaining, you've just never realised (and complaining with valid points not "ClOwN iS fAsTeR tHaN aLl OtHeR kIlLeRs BhVr NeRf ClOwN aNd FiRe Up PlEaSe")

• Duniek94
    Duniek94 Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2020
    Options

LOL crying about middle tier killer I would say he needs buff for pallets and for chain to dont tearing apart so easy because even on windows surv can broke it from 10m shoot Huntress is much stronger and u dont complaining about her...

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,140
    Options

Not saying it's bad to hate slinger, just saying that some have completely burnt out points and are simply hating to hate and to possibly get a killer nerfed.

Maybe people did hate slinger before and I just didn't realise, but it's hard to deny that some people are whining just to get him nerfed.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,766
    Options

As someone who owns a pet Demodog, I can confirm, this is what will happen to you, only replace "instantly disintergrated" with "shotgun to the face"

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

There is an ever growing percentage of survivors that simply put are unbeatable. With the survivor meta, their skills, and the generator speed, you flat can't win unless you're a godlike nurse. They are the problem because you need strong killers to beat them, but they're also training killers to be near unstoppable against anything but the best.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

I'm not entirely sure how that's related to me saying that the complaints have always been there, op just hasn't been paying attention, but okay.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

ngl it is kinda cheap how ppl fake his power, but he really doesnt need any nerfs.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited August 2020
    Options

Apparently, Scott Jund made a video about Deathslinger, so now the Cult of Streaming has pitchforks out. And then it spreads like a virus.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703
    Options

I actually decided to watch his recent video, and he actually says Deathslinger has counterplay he just doesnt find it fun, so I dont see why it'd lead to so many threads of no counterplay if that were the case.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    Options

I didn't watch the video. But I noticed when the inquisition against Deathslinger started, people kept linking that video. And as usual, it's just snowballed to parroting from there.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited August 2020
    Options

You're acting like people haven't been complaning about Spirit/Deathslinger since their release. The criticism was always there on youtube discussions and other places. Its just reached the main forums now. Heck people were saying deathslinger was boring here day 1.

Imo deathslingerrs problem isnt his ACTUAL power, its like Pyramid Head. The ability for free zoning by simply tapping power and letting go.

• leatherfav88
    leatherfav88 Member Posts: 209
    Options

As a survivor main i dont see why others think slinger needs a nerf, he's actully really fun to play against. When ever i see him im always like "oh hell yes!" If anything his add ons need buffs

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Do you have counter arguments to his claims? Let us know.

• Talmeer
    edited August 2020
    Options

That is maybe the reason, but it changes nothing on the core problem.

For everybody is something annoying in this game and if dbd always gets changed just because a streamer crys, or some people on the forums, the game getting more boring for everyone.

Not only for the streamer and/or the guys on the social media plattforms - it starts to get also more boring for the people that usually not show up in the forums, aka. the majority of the playerbase, since the most people just play a game and are not part of their social plattforms imo.

But I think, you thinking there the same.

It is on one hand just sad to see how the community dismembers itself and you watching how the things got cutted away, you like (in my case not deathslinger - but that doesn't matter in the great scheme of things).

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

No one wants Deathslinger "nerfed" because he's not a strong killer to begin with. They want more ways to actually interact with Deathslinger outside of he holds M2 for .2 seconds and he's either good, so he'll hit you 99% of the time, or he sucks so you might get the occasional miss. Outside of throwing pallets early there's not much actual gameplay for the survivors when Deathslinger is around, and there's barely any for the Deathslinger since it's so easy to aim and shoot.

I've been saying he should be able to shoot walls and other objects and basically grappling hook himself around the maps. That'd be WAY cooler and make him mobile.

• Talmeer
    edited August 2020
    Options

That would only force him to be more of a m1 killer as already before.

Why, as example, no survivor asks if survivors could not get in general a special "dodge" abilitie against him? So that they can jump 1-2 steps to the left or right, if they press a key.*

Sure they need then to guess when he shoots, but it would buff survivors and let the deathslinger players their beloved playstyle.

Edit: *But this abilitie should have a cd if I think about it. Otherwise I see already yet how survivors would spam this abilitie.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

Tbh i think buff and nerf should happen more often like on a weekly basis. Only because survivor have the same meta for 2 year now and every new perk they release get use at the start but after a week or 2 they go back to their old build its the same for killer for a couple month now its bbq and pgtw the other 2 perk are what the killer prefer because all the other perk suck but with a weekly buff and nerf the meta could change every week and the game will be less stale

• Talmeer
    Options

Survivors have the same metas since a eternity, because the majority of the survivor playerbase is like the majority of the killerbase - aka. always sticking on the things that a "considered as strong".

If bhvr would give survivors new perks, that have better benefitis in different situations, or they would implement new objectives for matches on their maps, we would maybe also see finally other survivor perks, as always the same.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

I believe 3k-4k stats and ability to camp with charged saw got Billy nerfed. :D Sure, someone complained, you can find comlains about every killer, but he was too easy to play.

If Deathslinger has only 3k-4k games, sure, may he be nerfed, too. :^)

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    edited August 2020
    Options

Gonna explain the pattern real quick:

Survivors: started to try hard on killer with gen rush or toxic behavior

>killer adapted and became toxic with camping/tunneling (note these 2 can be switched tho)

>survivirs started to use their fiew very very strong perks only and learned every map perfectly, as much as optimising their squads and play time (perfect loops, perfect gen time)

>killers adapts to the fiew choices they have to counter play them or want to have fun

>survivors still go sweaty against bad killers or these that are discovering a new killer for the first time

>killers gets annoyed and brings perks to slow down the game (which shouldnt be, there should be another objective to do that for them) and use the said top tier killers (aka spirit/freddy/oni/DS/PH/huntress) because they get great map pressure OR can stop the loops

>survivors dont wanna adapt to new gameplays and cry for nerfs cause they prefer a boring game where they only escape

>same survivors complain whenever a killer wants to farm.

(P.S. even while this is all true, i think Spirit/freddy should get a nerf OR most of the other killers a Buff ti be at the same level while tweaking a bit spirit and survivors, yet Deathslinger is fine cause he has many counters, but since a sprintburst isnt enough to save them, guess they prefer to cry)

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 368
    Options

Why does he have to be mobile? Not every killer needs their ability to be mobility. We already have Billy, Oni, Spirit, Freddy and Blight for mobility killers now. There's no need to turn Deathslinger into cowboy spiderman with his redeemer. A lot of Deathslinger's power comes from the power itself and that's just fine. That'd be like turning Huntress's hatchets into a mobility skill, what's the point?

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272
    Options

Just give Lameslinger a proper Terror Radius. Otherwise he's fine.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Because it would be more fun, and make him more useful. That's it. That's all the reason you need. Holding W to slowly patrol each part of the map is often boring as hell. Beyond that, it could give him vertical mobility, which is something that I think only Nurse has right now, and can be janky as hell, and breaks walls. Deathslinger would still have to obey LoS, would still have to reload, would still need to physically navigate the map. He would play unlike any other killer in the game.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

All I've seen in the past few days at red ranks is billys and huntrsses, and a few spirit and freddys too

• Talmeer
    edited August 2020
    Options

Will change, if I remember correctly. Think have read 1 time a dev who said that they try to rework her strongest addon sometime in the future.

After that you will see the same, just - huntress. Hooray? :) Well not really...

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

If you saw my thread I was actually saying the opposite.

That he does have counters, people just refuse to adjust their play styles.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Deathslinger has a bit the same problem as the nurse

A strong chase that when played perfectly is very opressive

People often forget though that nobody can play perfectly

Just look at the replies you get when you suggest counterplay to deathslinger "that only works on deathslingers that are bad and miss"

I hope slinger doesn't end up like the nurse who is supposedly "the strongest killer in the game" but you never see her

• Talmeer
    edited August 2020
    Options

This posting would deserve more upvotes.

But it goes also vice versa. So many survivor mains talking always, as would they only face pro killers and forget about, or ignore the beginner and casual killers (that are majority).

Also, having oppressive situations is something, some players on each side of the table are longing for.

Especially to that topic, I had often talk with survivors in rl and the endgame chat (in the past) and the most had enjoy intense chases. Those are not to get if you have a killer behind you, that can't really put pressure on you (like a huntress that never use her hatches, or a nurse that never teleports = as extrem example).

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    edited August 2020
    Options

"I can't loop this m1 killer ridiculously arround 1 car and two barils for 25s ? = omgplznerf Boring, unfun, oppressive...yes and even if he has 0 map control."

Post edited by Avilgus on
  • voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

So... Nerf every killer that has any kind of ranged attack to counter looping. Oh, except the nurse because she's actually slower than survivors and has long cooldowns for her anti looping... sounds like some survivors spent too long learning 1 surefire way to play and win, and now they lobby for nerfs rather than adapt.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

survivors are just used to throwing pallets then mindlessly beelining to the next tile, any killer that deviates from this method of playing is boring and can't be countered. Survivors should always get a free ride to the next tile, there should not be any killer able to interrupt the mindless looping paths that survivors take.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited August 2020
    Options

Whatever floats your boat man but if you think Nurse isn't the strongest killer in the game and can decimate teams in seconds then sorry you're just wrong lol

Hag is stronger than slinger people don't complain. You have to play around her differently too. Please just stop.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

If hag was meta and showed up in 40% of peoples games then yeah they would be here crying to.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Hag has constant, consistent counterplay that's actually entertaining. Crouching, OoO, Flashlights to name a few, and she encourages a more cautious playstyle. That's why nobody comes for her, combine that with the difficulty she has actually being played to her maximum capabilities and yeah, people don't complain.

Like people don't complain about Billy. Or Nurse. Or Huntress (they complain about the servers). Or Oni. But they do about Slinger and Spirit. If we all wanted easy games why would we complain about Slinger, one of the weaker killers, and not anyone else?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

She is also rarely ever seen. so nobody has a reason to complain.

Flashlight... seriously? just happen to have a flashlight and somehow see a brown trap on brown dirt during a chase?

People don't complain about nurse?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

She was the most bitched about killer for 3 years to the point streamers openly demanded their audience DC against her. Nobody complains about nurse now because NOBODY PLAYS HER.

Billy just got gutted and from what i have seen hardly anyone plays him either. I can count on one hand the amount of billys i saw while doing my rift tasks, and yes i am in red ranks.

Everyone complains about iri huntress, other than that you can waste a crap tone of her time as she is exceptionally map dependent and can't do much around tall loops if you play smart as survivor.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Well then I guess we're completely different there. Yeah hag traps aren't actually that hard to see and I'm blind as a bat.

People don't complain about current nurse, no. And current nurse can still end the game in a matter of seconds. She's still incredibly strong.

Billy hasn't been gutted and I've seen plenty of them.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options