We need a killer perk that counters decisive strike

Options
Pipefish
Pipefish Member Posts: 331
edited August 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

A perk that makes you immune to the decisive strike stun. If survivors fear that you are running this perk they won't play so aggressively with decisive strike and the perk will no longer be toxic similar to lightborn for flashlights :)

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

We have the Mori. :) And no, we really don't. I play lots of games and at the end I always look at what people have. DS is in most of their builds, and yet I usually only get hit once per game. I don't know why. I don't try not to tunnel or anything like that. I do try to down people right at hooks though, so I can slam them up before they can do anything (or their friends with flashlights).

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

I have a whole power dedicated to it. You want to know what it's called? Jigsaw's Baptism.

If a survivor has an RBT on, I can basically ignore them.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,398
    edited August 2020
    Options

Used to be enduring but it got removed because of headon. Why unnerving doesnt effect it when unnerving effects all skillchecks BUT DS is kinda dumb.

• Unnerving Presence affects all Skill Checks as it increases the base chances of one getting triggered.
    • Skill Checks caused by Overcharge 

are affected by the Skill Check success zone reduction, making them extremely difficult to succeed.

• Skill Checks triggered during Snap Out of It are also affected.

Patch 3.4.0

• No longer shows the debuff icon in the Survivors' HUD until the debuff is active.
      • This change prevents Unnerving Presence from acting as a visual warning whenever a Survivor enters the Terror Radius.
      • Nerf: This change causes Unnerving Presence to no longer affect the Decisive Strike 
      •  Skill Check.

(Funfact doctor can make a shakey reverse ds though so it isnt even for balance reasons).

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 955
    Options

Knock out somewhat counters it.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

PH counters it. If you can get them under the effect of torment. Just hook them every time and send them to a cage if they were saved recently.

• Nineball
    Nineball Member Posts: 28
    Options

This. I'm surprised more people dont just run KO, given all the complaining about SWFs. You'd be surprised how many teams rely on those auras, or dont know how to accurately describe where they are over comms.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I plan on adding it the moment I can get it on the Shrine. :)

• Pipefish
    Options

What about unbreakable and soul guard and no mither though if they are paired with DS 🤔

• Pipefish
    Options

It sucks that it only applies to basic attacks though and I don't know what I'd replace in my build for it 🤔

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited August 2020
    Options

We need decisive strike or every killer would just tunnel off the hook.

Ds does need to prevent survivors from doing gens tho to make it fair.

On the plus side we have an entire killer that ignores ds if you can force a survivor through your judgment trail

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Pig and tunnel head can ignore ds. If you want to not get hit by it, just play them.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

Just no. A perk that would completely ignore DS would only make tunnelers stronger. I hate tunnelers. That's why I use DS. And not to be reckless.

Just slug, use k.o. or play PH.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 955
    Options

I recently discovered that Whispers is actually a strong Decisive Strike counter. The main problem with DS is that you are somewhat forced to commit to the survivor you find first because it wastes too much time to go around and look again. If the survivor you find has DS, then you are screwed unless there is someone else around. Whispers solves this problem by reducing your gen patrol and scouting time significantly. It essentially lets you check generators from 32 m. If Whispers is off, then no-one is on that gen. With the reduced scouting time, you can just leave the survivor with DS and find someone else. Whispers is also good when the survivor is on a strong tile. Rather than wasting time chasing them, you just leave. I discovered this when I got bored of high tier killers and started playing Plague and Doctor. I decided to testing running Whispers over BBQ because getting downs for BBQ was harder with lower tier killers. Honestly Whispers is probably the solution to getting 4k on ######### killers because I was able to 4k most matches at rank 1. You just leave strong tiles. I would run Whispers over BBQ on killers that do not have hyper mobility or cannot get fast downs.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

We need... a nerf to ds so it's actually a anti-tunnel perk.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304
    Options

yes so you can go back to the hook and get a person out of the game within barely a minute what about no

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

No, I'd prefer they just fixed the problem with the perk rather than introducing a bandaid fix in the form of an entirely new perk.