One-shot addons are unfair and here's why:

The exposed mechanic or one-shot mechanics. For some killers, it's their entire kit.

Michael Myers without his Exposed mechanic would be a complete joke when they're not playing stuff like mirror in an indoors map. The Hillbilly without his oneshot would be like a much, much, much weaker Nurse.

That being said, it baffles me why killers like Huntress and Deathslinger get oneshot mechanics when they're already powerful killers by default. Sure, there's a small downside or a skill requirement, but when you're already skilled as these killers, you're strong already. You don't need to be able to oneshot Survivors to have an easy time, it just becomes extremely unfair, then.

Sure, there's also perks which cause Exposed, but typically they have much harder requirements to fulfill or are easier to avoid or even disable (Devour Hope, NOED).

So yeah, I feel it's unfair to Survivors and also killers whose kit is based around a one-shot mechanic to give other killers such things. Except maybe Trapper, that one's easy enough to avoid. And the fact that it's iridescent addons doesn't pose enough of a hindrance in my opinion, either. When killers like Hillbilly have to live with addons that alter their gameplay only minimally, I don't think it's fair that some killers should get such powerful options. Be more creative, drop the one-shots.

Comments

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Depends on the addon. The new ones like the deathslinger one is fair since it has a hard to fufill condition. Literally everyone knows that iri head is not fair and everyone knows that red head's pinky finger on clown is completely bonkers but clown is so bad it's hard to call it "unfair"

• RedSoul1994
    RedSoul1994 Member Posts: 20

Well then they should improve the clown. Get creative, don't be lazy. Get rid of one-shots. And hey, Gunslinger is already powerful af when played right. Doesn't need that addon at all.

Killers shouldn't rise or fall with their addons, they should be playable without them, but also not become op with them. Addons are supposed to give you an edge, not turn you from 0 to 100.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,317

Actually getting an instant down with Deathslinger's Iri Coin is not as easy as you may think. Survivors have a good chance to dodge shots from 15m as the projectile isn't instantaneous. There's also a good chance survivors just run out of range while the projectile is heading at them. Then you have to reel in the survivors which from 15-18m away it's more likely survivors will get themselves caught on an object causing the chain to break before they get close enough for the M1.

Deathslinger's Iri Coin is honestly the most fair instant down add-on as it rewards Deathslinger for successfully pulling off hard to hit shots.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

honestly Iri head is the only OP one.

• RedSoul1994

Mh, maybe. Okay, well. New agenda: Delete. The Iri. Head!!

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

teh base game allows survivors to spawn within 15 feet of a generator the vast majority of the time, which take no skill to do. on top of this, every time a survivor fails to avoid a hit, they are rwarded with a free sprint burst to the other side of the level. every time I point it out, no survivors seem to respond to the absurdity of these mechanics. But they sure do get riled up about one hit down abilities, no matter how much skill is required to use them.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

When I said everyone knows that iri head is unfair, I meant everyone. Even the devs know. The devs process for making changes to the game is just so unbelievably ######### that literally nothing will be done until they entirely rework the huntress's addons all together.

• RedSoul1994

Excuse me but there's 7 gens on the map, where else do you want 4 survivors to spawn than near a generator? What the h. Also bro, if the survivor didn't get the little sprint burst after getting hit, some killers would just get two hits in a row in a second, especially with perks or addons that reduce hit cooldowns. This isn't absurd, it's fair. If survivors didn't have the speed burst mechanic, games would last 5 minutes and all survivors would be dead every time.

Also: Spawning next to a generator doesn't magically make the survivor activate it before the killer can arrive. It's actually usually the more sound decision to wait until the killer has passed the gen you've spawned next to before starting it because the killer will often find at least one gen with nearby survivors within the first 10 seconds.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Deathslinger deserves his exposed effect, if you can hit a shot between 15-18 meters, pull them all the way in with nothing in the way, then get a hit you deserve that down

Huntress should just have down after a certain range with no downside

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

Ah yes, the old argument that, "but then it would be hard and hurt my feelings!"