How often do you see hillbilly?

Options
Zozzy
Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Right now, demo and hag are more popular on twitch then hillbilly... as in there is two playing demo and one was on hag.

I never see anyone play him any more as survivor.

Comments

• RbLen
    RbLen Member Posts: 144
    edited August 2020
    Options

Once every 20 games-ish I would guess. I used to see Billy atleast once a day before the "rework". Now if I am lucky I can see one every five days or something.

Oh and I would also play as Billy every day. Now I have so little fun with him I rarely touch him anymore. Broken animations and bad addons just killed him for me.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,263
    Options

No the changes were fine, they just took almost all the fun and the soul of the character along with them

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Billy is really rare compared to the old days where it was just him and nurse at red ranks. I mean, he exists, but he ain't what he used to be.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517
    Options

What are you talking about tho? He is unchanged base kit wise? You must mean add ons then? I mean he has actually good add ons now instead of just insta saw billy

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 624
    Options

I never saw him before the 'nerf', and I never see him now.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Hillbilly is not as common anymore, but i bet he will have his redamption when people finally start to realise that he is still extremly powerful, especially with doom engravings. Beside instasaw he has not really changed.

• Zozzy
    edited August 2020
    Options

I enjoyed him with double oils for an aggressive playstyle, he has nothing to speed him up now, in any way, what so ever.

You get to play stealth billy once in a blue moon thanks to them making it iridescent or....?

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 94
    Options

I saw him all the time before his change but now i almost never see him.

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178
    Options

BHVR is making it clear, having high mobility is a powerful tool for killers. Having insta down power is also pretty strong. Being able to do both on a single killer puts too big a spread from the weakest killers to the strongest killers. You can't have both anymore without limits.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    Options

I see Bubba more than Billy nowadays.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I saw Billy a few times after the change, but since then he seems to have vanished. Bubba seems to be the new choice, but even then, hes rare too, despite being an absolute beast now. I kinda miss Billy tbh, especially now he has silent chainsaws. That was a fun one to go against.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Billy makes an appearance about once every 15-20 matches... usually someone bringing an ebony with infectious & the standard bbq looking to 4K in less than 3min.

Still not used to his chase music yet; it’s totally menacing, really cool upgrade though.

• Zozzy
    edited August 2020
    Options

They made the add-on iridescent for no reason so now you hardly ever get it.

I guess the rank 20s sent some nasty emails to the 2 balance dev's and they bowed down.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited August 2020
    Options

Yeah, I got into DbD to play the horror icons I grew-up on in the 80s or that came around when I was an adult: Myers, Freddy, Leatherface, Amanda, and Ghostface.

I love the fact that Leatherface was made better.

Which comes around to Myers. Some say he needs buffs, and maybe he does. But the way he plays with the stalking just feels like Myers to me. Win or lose. I love it.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I haven’t seen a hillbilly in a couple of weeks. I’ve seen more wraiths though. Could just be a cross play affect though. Kinda miss him.

• Lazerboy88
    Options

So yes its add ons, I am currently working atm so not gonna dissect this but this may affect your feelings towards him but the general opinion seems to be he is in a more balanced spot, the overheat mechanism doesn’t do anything (which is flawed yes) but it does help a bit against face camping billys. The add ons tho imo are fun and unique now, before his add on pass you would just run insta saw/cooldown. Also saying they temporarily ruined engraving add ons prove nothing since ya know they are fixed now. Billy was not nerfed to the ground that is far from true.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I haven't seen a billy since before the nerf, I doubt I will see one soon and I don't plan to use him at all.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Psssh, insta saw was the reason most hillbillies even played him, silent billy is not good against SWF and that's why you rarely see him anymore.

When most people play killer, they like to come out with the best. Tbh Billy is still good, but he's B-toer at best

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Not as much as I'd like..hes definitely..lesser now

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413
    Options

Almost never, same as demo/nurse/hag/plague/pig/clown

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

I see Billy more than I ever have. I'm glad he wasn't Killed with his changes. 😊

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options

he's not satisfying to play anymore

i wouldve been fine with overheat and addon changes to instasaw and crack but honestly i hate the new animations more than anything they also gutted his steering which means turn billy is the only real good addon for him apart from overheat addons and steering the rest of the addons have either zero effect on gameplay or just meme addons

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    edited August 2020
    Options

I still see him as survivor as much as I see other killers. What I see much less of is instasaw billies, which I am massively thankful for. Also I now play as him a bunch, didn't play him very often before but his touch up made me more interested in him and now he's one of my favourites.

He really wasn't harmed at all by his changes.

Even if you go for chainsaws at every single opportunity you're still not likely to overheat more than once a game, and when you do overheat it doesn't lose you the game or anything, you just do normal killer stuff for a few seconds and then back to sawing.

His addons never mattered very much. Billy's one of the killers that can reck shop with basekit, addons are just flair on top. He doesn't need any charge addons, backreving is still easy as ######### with or without them. But without them survivors can atleast know consistently what amount of time they have to juke, rather than having to guess or watch him chainsaw someone else first. The only other time you'd want charge addons is to offset the speed addons, but if you're using them for flicks around loops you can still control the survivor's position while you're charging up.

The worst thing about billy's changes is that he has several addons dedicated to mitigating his overheat, which is a no-factor to begin with. But everything about how he plays is exactly the same except instasaw which, no one wanted to keep except the billys who used it.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

I hardly got him before the change. I never get him now.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

I can tell you when I do play hillbilly...

When I have a quest for him lol.

Never liked the killer, and I won't do it in the future.

To me, is one of the most boring killers, like trapper and hag.

• Lazerboy88
    Options

His popularity nosedive because basekit billy wasn’t OP, his popularity went down because insta saw billy is gone, the overheat even with engravings doesn’t ruin him, curving is still possible with him.

• Lazerboy88
    Options

Agreed Insta saw was what made him viable, and at higher rank play, players go for whats viable not whats fun, IMO he is still fun and has some fun add ons now, but definitely not as bad as people are crying about

• Schinsly
    Schinsly Member Posts: 176
    Options

god i cant believe some peoples incompetence. HAVE YOU EVER EVEN PLAYED BILLY? he feels like dogshit now with literally not a single good addon no exaggeration and a power that already wasnt that good against a skilled player. i literally cant think of a single addon i would like to run on hillbilly, running double engravings, hell even just one is still terrible because it makes overheat unbearable

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

You can‘t actually believe that Billy was nerfed to the ground because of the new overheat mechanic?

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320
    Options

Probably only see him once every 2 weeks at least now. Gone are the days of having him daily multiple times

• Opekyn
    Opekyn Member Posts: 83
    Options

I don't play a ton of survivor, but here is what I have since 4.1.1

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

Not often. I do see his chainsaw and mallet when I play him tho. :P

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

Never. Thank God.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

The only bad thing was they nerfed steering. Also he really wasnt that popular to begin with.

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227
    Options

Yeah, have to be honest, I'm not complaining about seeing less Hillbilly.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,263
    Options

They took away all cooldown addons, make you stare at the ground every cooldown, give you a mechanic you don't need, and make most of the addons useless / counters to the new unwanted mechanic, but no hes perfectly fine

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2020
    Options

i dont see him very often i didnt use to before nerf either. now even less, the last time we got one was a decent p3 console killer who actually made decent curves tbh im impressed that a joystick can do that (even if probably was using a adapter) still he got gen rushed and destroyed, he is not that impressive anymore tbh since crack and insta saw are gone.

• 1anioh
    1anioh Member Posts: 62
    Options

I had 3 billy matches in a row. Followed by a huntress, a doctor, and another billy. I dont play a survivor often so my rank is only 17, but I had zero problems finding him lol.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Almost never. Just the way I like it.

You could say that I have a form of killer burnout after versing 95% Hillbillies, 4% Myers and 1% other after hitting Purple ranks for the first time back in the days of original Ruin. That was the worst season or two for me in this game.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

As a hillbilly main... wait, not anymore.

I used to play Billy as my main (used him in roughly 85% of my games), then the first nerf came down onto the live build, and after many said the overheat wasn't that noticeable, I was considering playing him again, but then they nerfed him a second time, so I said screw it, and now I main trapper.

• Lazerboy88
    Options

Yes I have played him, have watched streamers play him, I play him regularly and enjoy running his slient billy add ons along with steering and slight charge increase on pallet stun, no he is not dogshit, it is just you feeling like he is. Yes he is still viable. I have run the engravings on him combined with mothers helpers and really had no issues with curving at the slightest. Please speak for yourself because atm IMO and several others billy really isn’t that bad.

EDIT: this discussion is boring me I am not responding nor reading anything else coming from here.