How often do you see hillbilly?

2»

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited August 2020

Billy just dosent keep up with competent survivors. Once you have the basics of looping down hes a very easy killer to overcome. Any nuances he had weere stripped away i.e. Craic billy.

In many ways he is inferior to killers like oni and spirit on account of playing loops in a predictible manner. I really struggle to pick billy over oni. He has only been the subject of nerfs minus some minor add on buffs that at best help gimmick builds or try to compensate what was already nerfed.

Then theres the fact that behaviour are threatening to push the overheat mechanic further in the patch notes. Who the hell wants to stick it out?

Writings on the wall billy is damaged goods and is marked as a nerf target why risk time investing in improving your billy play when a mechanic like overheat which is widely hated is being pushed and threatened by the dev team.

Give me a reason to be invested in billy some kind of value in the overheat mechanic that isnt just locking me out of using my power they could have the charge speed required to saw decrease the closer the saw is to overheating so players could tread a thin needle to get some fast saws that potentially risk locking you out of your power. Instead its a frustration mechanic plain and simple.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

New day and still no Billy twitchers to watch.

• Zozzy

Survivors let you get close enough to back rev and still not reach a pallet?!

How can they be so bad?

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

Very rare actually. Other than the live update when everyone was trying him, I haven't seen much Billy action. A shame, IMO because he is fun to face.

• Zozzy
    edited August 2020

I am in red ranks so that could be why i haven't had a single game against him.

I just realized this is exactly why they nerfed him. made the new potential store whales uninstall.

• Zozzy

Nice idea for the overheat. the problem is that is a nice idea and clearly devs want Billy binned like many did to nurse.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Almost every game, I've just been getting billys and Huntresses all day

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I don't know why people stopped using Hillbilly. Before the nerf he was my main. I used him after the update too and I had no problem. Red ranks, by the way.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

He was quite rare in my games even before overheat. After that I hardly see him at all.

I can only remember 1 Hillbilly recently and... he was AFK the entire game so that doesn't even count.

The point is that while he wasn't nerfed into the ground and didn't become unplayable he didn't recieve a single good thing (except for maybe a new chase music but that's not a big thing imo) and recieved a lot of bad things:

1) A stupid unnecessary cooldown.

2) Most addons became useless and the best ones are just mediocre like anti-overheat and steering. Engravings are still there but besides maybe top 5% players noone will be able to use them effectively but will still be stuck with a longer charge time and quicker overheating.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, ever since Instasaw and crack billy got removed you never really see him, even though his basekit change barely has any impact. That says a lot about the community, doesn't it?

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

I see him just as much as I did before, which is hardly ever lol

• Hollyleaf12
    Hollyleaf12 Member Posts: 37

Now I don’t play Billy, but I do play Nurse, so I can only assume that “give him the nurse treatment”, means that they made it so that you actually have to try, and be skilled with the killer to win games.

Billy is still good, people just get upset when their main killer doesn’t just equal free wins anymore, thus why nobody plays nurse anymore even though they are still one of the best killers in the game.

• Zozzy

The opposition for best killer aren't exactly hard to beat.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

alot of people played billy for the flicks but it’s almost impossible to do so now with the cool down changes,

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

There's no question for me that I definitely see him a lot less than I used to before his change. Bubba has taken top spot as most common chainsaw killer.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

i would usually run crack or base kit but the new dumb ass roar he does is just annoying didnt affect his gameplay that much but now we have addons that dont do anything annoying animation and sound design

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

i never enjoyed double engravings but i would use crack all the time

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

havent seen him in the past 30 matches

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

Flicks are utterly unchanged. Even if you are nonstop attempting flicks it's gonna take a couple of gens worth of attempts to overheat. And even if you do somehow manage to overheat you can always put on a cooldown reducing addon while you're learning to flick.

• Withered8

You know they nerfed the cool down recently right? It now takes somewhere around 30 seconds for your chainsaw to cool down now if it hasn’t fully overheated. Revving will destroy your chainsaw in really short periods so you can’t constantly rev at loops any more, which means flicking shack and jungle gyms is insanely hard. You basically have to commit to a flick now and you don’t have time to mind game it.

• BlackMercury

The nerf was a reduction to the rate of heat dissipation while not charging, it only affects the speed at which his chainsaw cools down while you're not using it. So the only thing it affects is getting slightly less cooldown in the small time between flick attempts, the amount of time you can keep your chainsaw up to mindgame with is unaffected, except that you might have a few more points of heat when you start.

• Withered8

Yea but the heat gained when revving was bad enough as it was. Now you don’t loose that heat fast enough when on cool down to be able to constantly be revving, unless you stand and wait at a loop for 10 seconds after each time you try to flick. I havnt seen a single flick billy since the changes and I don’t think I will for a while.

Also you play on OCE don’t you? Think I’ve seen u around

• Jasonsfar
    Jasonsfar Member Posts: 69

Since his rework i’ve seen him twice

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I’ve seen two Billys since the rework, they both were terrible and didn’t seem to know how to play him so I can’t really say I’ve faced a competent one since the rework. I couldn’t tell you what his new music was, keep thinking of Deathslinger’s instead. And I’m a huge music buff so it’s weird saying I genuinely don’t know what it is.

• Zozzy
    edited August 2020

Just did my daily scan of twitch and i saw every killer but Hillbilly being played.

omg i found one XD.

• BlackMercury

I haven't felt it be that bad but granted I am still pretty garbo at the flicks so I dunno. I definitely get to make plenty of attempts at flicks, to the point where I'm basically throwing the game, and I still only overheat quite rarely, even without addons to counter it. Also yes I do play on oce.