FREDDY NERFED AGAIN!!!!

Options

I get it, people are tired of slugging, but THIS just got Freddy indirectly nerfed. Slugging was one of his most powerful tactics and now that it's easier to get people back up he has to go through that whole transition all over again. I might have to run knock out on him more now and waste a precious perk slot. I wouldn't have cared about this if they buffed him in this patch too, but instead they buffed sabotage and nerfed slugging. Might as well run Hangman's now huh. Sorry for the rant btw. It'll be useful for survivors which is good but Freddy is bad enough, he doesn't deserve this.

Comments

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    I get it, people are tired of slugging, but THIS just got Freddy indirectly nerfed. Slugging was one of his most powerful tactics and now that it's easier to get people back up he has to go through that whole transition all over again. I might have to run knock out on him more now and waste a precious perk slot. I wouldn't have cared about this if they buffed him in this patch too, but instead they buffed sabotage and nerfed slugging. Might as well run Hangman's now huh. Sorry for the rant btw. It'll be useful for survivors which is good but Freddy is bad enough, he doesn't deserve this.

Yeah I don't agree with the slugging nerf. I feel I am also gonna feel the burn as a Leatherface main.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

@IronWolf115 said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Yeah I don't agree with the slugging nerf. I feel I am also gonna feel the burn as a Leatherface main.

See even the poor bubbas will be effected

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371
    Options
    What is slugging?
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Slugging nerf, DS not nerfed, sabotage buffed

Uhm k, better prepare for a salty game experience

• IronWolf115
    Options

@grtf47 said:
    What is slugging?

It is where you as the killer down multiple survivors without hooking them. It is an effective way to apply pressure on survivors.

Usually weaker killers such as Freddy, Leatherface, pig etc gain some big benefits from slugging rather than just individual downs and hooks.

• grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

DS nerf? When did that happen?

• DeadByFlashlight
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

DS NOT nerfed, sadly the devs delayed it again...... why am i not surprised though

• Wolf74
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

DS NOT nerfed, sadly the devs delayed it again...... why am i not surprised though

Sorry, my bad, I misread it.

• Wolf74
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Survivor complain A LOT about getting slugged… and Devs listen to them… sadly...

They also complained about camping so now if you're chasing in 16m radius it affects your chaser emblem. I never camp but now survivors can easily abuse this.

Really? Is that in the patchnotes?

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Survivor complain A LOT about getting slugged… and Devs listen to them… sadly...

They also complained about camping so now if you're chasing in 16m radius it affects your chaser emblem. I never camp but now survivors can easily abuse this.

No its in the ptb, so not an official release of it yet. Needs to be tested by community first.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@Wolf74 said:

In the ptb patchnotes, yes

• LightsOut88
    LightsOut88 Member Posts: 123
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Wow ######### DEVS! Freddy needs a huge Buff not another Nerf seriously get your crap together or I wont spend another dollar on this game! How many killers need to complain before the devs kiss our asses for a bit instead of the toxic, crybaby ass survivor community. That whole community needs a diaper change. 
  • Bananaplanes
    Bananaplanes Member Posts: 23
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Window vaulting was nerfed which is crucial

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    edited October 2018
    Options

Ugh. Didn't know this - I really should read the notes myself.

I thought they were going to make games last longer, not speed them up??? One person on the floor is one less person doing gens. A slugged teammate is an easy rescue so, at least, one additional person was occupied finding and helping them. Two people not doing gens. Make it easier to get people up... shorten the amount of time they're not working on gens - that's pretty obvious, right?

And, slugging happens a lot when survivors swarm the hook and/or attempt to body-block or heal without moving away. Primarily from SWF teams, I've lost count of the number of times someone is healing a slugged survivor while I'm trying to hook one of his teammates (but being blocked). I have no objection to this battle... but the devs really want to make it easier to revive a survivor right in front of the killer? While at the same time, penalizing killers for being around the hook?!

I will trust that they have a bigger picture in mind... Er...

Edit: I don't even want this change with my survivor head on.

• Eight
    Options

Hmm. Just reading the patch notes.

Any thoughts on whether the healing nerf will negate the changes to slugging? They may have done an ok job here after all?

• Freddykreuger
    Freddykreuger Member Posts: 23
    Options

@LightsOut88 said:
    Wow ######### DEVS! Freddy needs a huge Buff not another Nerf seriously get your crap together or I wont spend another dollar on this game! How many killers need to complain before the devs kiss our asses for a bit instead of the toxic, crybaby ass survivor community. That whole community needs a diaper change. 

I think the devs just hate us killer mains

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    They need to bring freddy back to his release build, separate the healing from dying state and wake up actions again. Asleep survivors couldnt pick up downed survivors in that cube. Slug lord will come back. I believe in the devs, even though ya'll fell through, I pray ya'll come through for freddy. Sweater boy back to release build and make survivors unable to interact with channeling actions except saves while in transition. That would be sweet. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Eight said:

Hmm. Just reading the patch notes.

Any thoughts on whether the healing nerf will negate the changes to slugging? They may have done an ok job here after all?

Np, will see, the nail in freddy's coffin was when they combined wake up and heal from dying state. 
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Like black beard from r6

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    They need to bring freddy back to his release build, separate the healing from dying state and wake up actions again. Asleep survivors couldnt pick up downed survivors in that cube. Slug lord will come back. I believe in the devs, even though ya'll fell through, I pray ya'll come through for freddy. Sweater boy back to release build and make survivors unable to interact with channeling actions except saves while in transition. That would be sweet. 

Yesss!!! If they bring that back Freddy would be the best slugger by far. Devs please bring this back

• Dabrownman1812
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Yesss!!! If they bring that back Freddy would be the best slugger by far. Devs please bring this back

Word, no rework needed, just buff his og kit. Survivors would hate it sure, but devs always bent over in regards to freddy for survivors and didnt give og freddyba chance. They couldn't see who was awake or asleep which added to the chaos. They owe freddy, been a year of disrespect so far. If survivors could tell who was asleep or awake, it wouldn't even have been that. Devs did him wrong by the lack of sleep indicator right off the bat, the idea for his power and design is great. Right when you think you're getting out, it's 75 seconds to open a gate, everybody is asleep, selfcare and unbreakable can't wake you up.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    The doctor is hated despite being weak, can actually stop exit doors from being opened and end game slug. Survivor salt should be taken with a grain of salt, and I'm a survivor main. Freddy took an L so future killers didn't have to. He died for his killer homies, Freddy=Jesus
  • PhantomMask20763
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    The doctor is hated despite being weak, can actually stop exit doors from being opened and end game slug. Survivor salt should be taken with a grain of salt, and I'm a survivor main. Freddy took an L so future killers didn't have to. He died for his killer homies, Freddy=Jesus

I never thought of it that way. Freddy is DbDs Jesus Christ, he was the sacrificial lamb. I hope his base kit gets buffed so hard that all survivors in the world start crying salt because they don't know how to counter him. Imagine if he gets buffed so his base kit is more powerful. Just imagine how nasty he could be WITH addons.

• Dabrownman1812
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:

I never thought of it that way. Freddy is DbDs Jesus Christ, he was the sacrificial lamb. I hope his base kit gets buffed so hard that all survivors in the world start crying salt because they don't know how to counter him. Imagine if he gets buffed so his base kit is more powerful. Just imagine how nasty he could be WITH addons.

No one used classphoto I think when he came out to good effect, black box and class photo with old build will be amazing 
  • Wolf74
    Options

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

No one used classphoto I think when he came out to good effect, black box and class photo with old build will be amazing 

What?
    So I am "no one"?
    Class Photo is my favorite add on on Freddy and I use all my Black Wards only to keep the Class Photo. as often as possible.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited October 2018
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@Wolf74 said:

I swear to god, I am still missing finding that note. What category is it under? There are a ton of notes in that PTB build.

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

It should be in a green box at the top of the forum. You should be able to access it from there by pressing the link by patch notes

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:

it takes longer for us to recover and i have never seen a freddy slug

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

it takes longer for us to recover and i have never seen a freddy slug

Strange, slugging is one of my main tactics as Freddy, I'm surprised other Freddy players don't slug but then again I main him, I try to find the tactics that'll help me out lol

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Wolf74 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

What?
    So I am "no one"?
    Class Photo is my favorite add on on Freddy and I use all my Black Wards only to keep the Class Photo. as often as possible.

Same here. P3 my freddy got so many photos,I need the boxes though
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

Has anyone actually tested the timing of it though? Seeing as healing as a whole has been slowed down.

• DeadByFlashlight
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Kilmeran said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@Wolf74 said:

I swear to god, I am still missing finding that note. What category is it under? There are a ton of notes in that PTB build.

Under emblem changes, it says:

Chaser: Remaining within a close (16 meters) proximity of a hooked Survivor will reduce the quality of this Emblem over time.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

@IronWolf115 said:

@grtf47 said:
    What is slugging?

Usually weaker killers such as Freddy, Leatherface, pig etc gain some big benefits from slugging rather than just individual downs and hooks.

Pig doesn't slug unless she's camping, or she tunneled a single survivor to their death hook and maintained a lead.

• IronWolf115
    Options

@Eninya said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@grtf47 said:
    What is slugging?

Pig doesn't slug unless she's camping, or she tunneled a single survivor to their death hook and maintained a lead.

It was more to make a point.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@IronWolf115 said:

@grtf47 said:
    What is slugging?

It is where you as the killer down multiple survivors without hooking them. It is an effective way to apply pressure on survivors.

I see a lot of nurses and Billy's doing it all the time at rank 1 and 2 usually with knockout but then people realize it's happening and go to farthest corners of map to frustrate them.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

they will just continue nerfing our viable tactics, until we cannot do anything but insta hooking the survivors.

what did they once say?
    "Its your game, and you as the killer can decide how you want to kill them" ( no 1:1 quote)... doesnt rly seem like that...

• IronWolf115
    Options

@powerbats said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@grtf47 said:
    What is slugging?

I see a lot of nurses and Billy's doing it all the time at rank 1 and 2 usually with knockout but then people realize it's happening and go to farthest corners of map to frustrate them.

Yeah I mainly try to do it with weaker killers, especially Leatherface but I know strong killers obviously do it more effectively.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

Then why don't you hook someone instead of slugging? Ohh gotta get that 4k or i'll kill myself. Seriously guys? You ######### about survivors being entitled to surviving but adopt an extremely toxic playstyle and get mad when the devs nerf it? lol they just took away even more pallets. Sounds like killers are now feeling more entitled than survivors ever were. lmao

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

@projecteulogy said:
    Then why don't you hook someone instead of slugging? Ohh gotta get that 4k or i'll kill myself. Seriously guys? You ######### about survivors being entitled to surviving but adopt an extremely toxic playstyle and get mad when the devs nerf it? lol they just took away even more pallets. Sounds like killers are now feeling more entitled than survivors ever were. lmao

M8, I'm not talking about slugging for a 4k. I only do that if I see the opportunity to. I'm talking about slugging for slowing the game down. It works wonders when you have one hooked, one slugged, and one or two coming to rescue. The survivors play right into my claws sometimes and that leaves no one on gens which starts so much chaos on the map and when the devs nerf it, it'll take away a very good form of slowing the game down and not allow some longer matches. Let me guess, when you play survivor you just loooove 5 minute matches right? Well I sure don't because they're nothing but a waste of time.

• Eight
    Options

@Eninya said:

A hundred trapped and slugged Jakes on PS4 might disagree with you there. :)

IMO slugging with Piggy isn't too bad a strategy. I find it works well, in combination with the traps, to slow the game down. I try not to do it too much because it sucks for the survivor to get trapped, hooked, and then slugged when they're spotted trying to remove the trap... But, you know, some people deserve it.

• Wolf74
    Options

@projecteulogy said:
    ... but adopt an extremely toxic playstyle and get mad when the devs nerf it?

Here we go… slugging is NOT "toxic".
    Killer actually have a hard time being "toxic" at all, because killing people is their job and smacking someone in the head ,which is usually a toxic move, is part of their job description.
    Survivor just don't like slugging, because it does away with DS, BT, We'll make it, Deliverance, Kindred, WGLF, Saboteur.
    And of course denies the juicy unhook points.

• Eight
    edited October 2018
    Options

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    Has anyone actually tested the timing of it though? Seeing as healing as a whole has been slowed down.

Just saw this on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/9l87sw/in_other_news_freddy_got_a_massive_indirect_buff/

Looks like someone has attempted some testing. I only skimmed it, but it looks to me that their conclusion was that recovery has not actually been nerfed in line with healing and so these changes are detrimental to killers.*

Can't say whether it's worse for Freddy, I don't play him.

Edit: Or maybe it has been, but anti-healing perks don't affect recovery. IDK.