Devs "We wanna rework DS" also Devs "DS rework not satisfying"

2»

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@fcc2014 said:
    Making it take longer even if a few seconds extends the game and buys time. They will never take everything away it just won't happen. You still need 5 to play unless they introduce bots.

You say that while others told me the other day that "those extra VERY few seconds are totally useless".
    I'd like you to talk to Tsulan how important you view those seconds. :)

• ayaawesome
    ayaawesome Member Posts: 4

I mentioned this idea on twitter for Decisive Strike, instead of giving users broken status, make it a one-way aura reading where the killer can see the survivor for 3s with a cool-down of 60/75/90 seconds which is reflected on the survivors' hud. Min 15/20/25 meters to infinity max.

That being said I think having the broken effect for 100s is good too but not permanently.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Time is the most valuable thing in this game. If it takes longer to heal that is less time on generators, more time to find the survivors makes, Thantaphobia last longer, makes tracking easier, buys the Pig more time on an activated trap on an injured survivor. I don't know it adds up. Every second counts in this game.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    this is the last straw for me to be honest, don't think i'll be continuing to play the game after this.
  • yeet
    fcc2014 said:

@yeet said:
    this is the last straw for me to be honest, don't think i'll be continuing to play the game after this.

Take a deep breathe wait and watch Thursday's stream let them explain why the change isn't in the patch. If you still feel the same way do what you are going to do. It is ultimately just a game.

"Just wait for them to lie to you more" DS has been a problem for almost 2 years now, doubt they're ever going to change it.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Ah this is where everyone is 🤗
  • fcc2014
    edited October 2018

@yeet said:

"Just wait for them to lie to you more" DS has been a problem for almost 2 years now, doubt they're ever going to change it.

A couple of easy fixes would have been works only for the obsession user suffers from broken status the rest of the game, or after using it the survivor(because of pissing off the entity) could be moried.

• yeet
    fcc2014 said:

@yeet said:

A couple of easy fixes would have been works only for the obsession user suffers from broken status the rest of the game, or after use the survivor(because of pissing off the entity) could be moried.

Or just remove the perk and replace it with something else, a free escape like DS has absolutely no place in the game. I couldn't give a rats ass about what is "satisfying" for survivors when they couldn't give a ######### about one of the key sources of frustration for killers.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

@iceman2kx said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@iceman2kx said:
    Quit crying, jeez. Yea DS SUCKS but I'd rather them delay it for another month or two than release an update where DS is barely even affected.

Until then, L2 slug. Leave the DS user crawling on the ground the entire game, at least make them suffer for their DS rather than pick them up and let them use it.

It is THREE TIMES easier now to heal a slugged survivor.

Just a coincidence?

So I guess I will spell this out. Unless you are running an obsession perk, you can tell which survivors use DS, because the only good obsession perk a survivor will use is DS.Therefore, 95% of your trials, the obsession is gonna be running DS.

If you slug the DS user and go chase someone else, you now have pressure on the map. 1 dying survivor, 1 survivor being chased, 1 survivor running to heal the DS and 1 survivor working on gens. Your alternative is to pick up the DS user, get stunned and continue the chase and getting looped by the same survivor. This is the tactic they are hoping you will fall for. You went from having 1 survivor working on gens to having 3 remain on gens.This means gen rush because you couldn't pressure the map.

Let the DS user bleed out if you have to. Slug them and move on until they fix DS. Or just continue getting owned by survivors and coming to the forums to QQ about it, really up to you.

The problem with that slugging strategy is that picking up a slugged survivor will get three times easier with next patch, yes THREE TIMES as in 300% easier.

Slugging has already been extremely difficult to pull off vs SWF, now after the patch they can pick up each other while walking basically

I dont agree with this statement... survivors will have to wait 33 seconds before the bar is at 95%... before this ptb bars filled up to 85% in 25 seconds... imo slugging was buffed because of that 
  • yeet
    Vietfox said:
    People don't want to change how they play, "Git Gud", because it takes time and effort so they scream for the Devs to change things to cater to their style of play so they can continue to be lazy.
    @Nightmare247
    ^ Exactly this.
    Everyone has to be able to tell what are their weaknesses and create a build and a playstyle around it, but some people rather complain about things and wait for the solution to come by itself instead of learning how to manage it.
    "Create an entire build and playstyle around a perk that survivors may or may not have and even then your build will barely counter it because it has absolutely no hard counters and if multiple people run it the game is incredibly frustrating and borderline unwinnable" you do understand how incredibly absurd that sounds
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    yeet said:
    Vietfox said:
    People don't want to change how they play, "Git Gud", because it takes time and effort so they scream for the Devs to change things to cater to their style of play so they can continue to be lazy.
    @Nightmare247
    ^ Exactly this.
    Everyone has to be able to tell what are their weaknesses and create a build and a playstyle around it, but some people rather complain about things and wait for the solution to come by itself instead of learning how to manage it.
    "Create an entire build and playstyle around a perk that survivors may or may not have and even then your build will barely counter it because it has absolutely no hard counters and if multiple people run it the game is incredibly frustrating and borderline unwinnable" you do understand how incredibly absurd that sounds
    @yeet
    Believe it or not i got more experience as a killer than u might think. 4 ds sweaty swf users are not common AT ALL, it's just that people tend to remember better their frustrations than anything else.
    Survivors have to take their chances as well when picking some perks, like calm spirit.
    I agree that some killers need some rework, but game's balance is not as bad as people say, seriously.
    PS: replies from cellphones dont send the notification by default, u gotta @me
  • yeet
    Vietfox said:
    yeet said:
    Vietfox said:
    @Nightmare247
    ^ Exactly this.
    @yeet
    Believe it or not i got more experience as a killer than u might think. 4 ds sweaty swf users are not common AT ALL, it's just that people tend to remember better their frustrations than anything else.
    Survivors have to take their chances as well when picking some perks, like calm spirit.
    I agree that some killers need some rework, but game's balance is not as bad as people say, seriously.
    DS is still incredibly common and even a single one can lose you the game, not to mention how frustrating it is for killers, it really doesn't have a place
    Also "the game is balanced because people don't play to win" is ridiculous, what would happen if all survivors just turned around one day and decided to go super tryhard? The killer winrates would go down the toilet, you shouldn't balance a game around people who aren't trying to win.
    @Vietfox
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited October 2018
    yeet said:
    Vietfox said:
    yeet said:
    Vietfox said:
    @Nightmare247
    ^ Exactly this.
    @yeet
    DS is still incredibly common and even a single one can lose you the game, not to mention how frustrating it is for killers, it really doesn't have a place
    Also "the game is balanced because people don't play to win" is ridiculous, what would happen if all survivors just turned around one day and decided to go super tryhard? The killer winrates would go down the toilet, you shouldn't balance a game around people who aren't trying to win.
    @Vietfox
    The "what if" never counts, not everyone is that competitive IN ANY GAME.
    In my personal experience ny win rate is fine as a killer, oh, and without lobby dodging.
    @yeet
  • OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125

@sorrowen said:
    Well they obviously are too afraid to touch the perk....

Or more likely. They want to make sure it is done right and are taking the necessary time to do it.

• yeet
    Vietfox said:
    yeet said:
    Vietfox said:
    yeet said:
    Vietfox said:
    @Nightmare247
    ^ Exactly this.
    @yeet
    @Vietfox
    In my personal experience ny win rate is fine as a killer, oh, and without lobby dodging.
    @yeet
    Again, balancing around people who are not trying to win is not a good way to balance a game.
    @Vietfox
  • fcc2014

@yeet said:

Again, balancing around people who are not trying to win is not a good way to balance a game.
    @Vietfox

Balancing around the majority off your players is. I see the same people every season. You have tons that derank and depip to avoid anything close to competitive. You can't blame them for not having actually numbers on which to balance this game. How many people just on here openly talk talk about deranking and this is just a small part of the community.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Tsulan said:

The real question is: not satisfying for whom?

The rank 20's with an hour or two of playtime.
  • sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

I'd love to PTB different DS reworks actually :) put the ideas in the PTB and see how the community likes them.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

@Nickenzie said:
    sorrowen said:

Well they obviously are too afraid to touch the perk....

They should make the perk have a condition such as unhooking a survivor 3 Times with a broken status effect penalty afterwards

Naw just give them the penalty of having 1 less hook for the main obsses

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

I'd be game for that actually

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited October 2018
    fcc2014 said:

@BadMrFrosty said:
    This can only get better....

Great Job well earned!

nice! perhaps someone needs to bump the old screenshots thread

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/50075#Comment_50075
  • Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@yeet said:
    Vietfox said:

@yeet

@Vietfox

Here is the thing. THIS GAME WILL NEVER BE BALANCED. Get over the idea that it will be.

We can use Miriam-Webster's Dictionary for the definition of Asymmetrical - having two sides or halves that are not the same.

So trying to balance this around the majority of players is a bad idea. Balancing this around the sweaty players is a bad idea. Balancing this around the low Ranks is a bad idea. Balancing it around the high ranks is a bad idea. The list goes on.

So the only thing you can do is try to accommodate players. So how about this: KILLERS - 2 KILLS IS A WIN, 3 KILLS IS JUST DESERTS, AND 4 KILLS IS SAUCE ON YOUR SURVIVOR PUDDING. Done. The game is balanced towards killers!

SURVIVORS - 2 SURVIVORS ESCAPE THAT IS A DRAW. 3 SURVIVORS ESCAPE THAT IS A WIN. 4 SURVIVORS ESCAPE CONGRATS HAVE FUN WITH PARTY STREAMERS.

Simple. The thing is that Killers DEMAND that they make the game killer sided, but in reality, it needs the 2:2 ratio. You need enough survivors surviving so that not everyone is a killer and you need enough kills so that not everyone is a survivor. You balance it around the core mechanic of Kill/Deaths per game and you will get the best result.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

It's just a game people

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Ihatelife said:

It's just a game people

One that we want to get better.