Console optimization

Options
FambinoBambino_
FambinoBambino_ Member Posts: 135
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

Is it just me or is the optimization quite bad on console?

Share your thoughts/ experiences fellow console players

Edit: Since threads have been merged here is the original comment from a merged thread so you can freely comment on it too

Console players have been justifiably demanding decent frames for years and nothing has been done. We were promised an optimization two years ago. What came of that? Why is this not a priority? Why are we treated so coldly when we rightfully demand updates on what we were promised a long time ago? 

Most importantly, why should we believe we'll be listened to now? Because someone said that the devs were looking into it? Or that we've been heard? I'm sorry, but those vague answers aren't enough. We need real updates and clear communication.

This post isn't even just about console optimization or the devs not keeping their word. I would like to know why we should believe we've been heard when we've been brushed off for so long.

Post edited by FambinoBambino_ on

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

There wasn't any censorship.

It's because of people that went off topic or just bumping the thread (which is against the rules,if i remember correctly).

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    edited September 2020
    Options

They didn't ban users that i know of.

EDIT: nvm there was one dude, but he was being pretty rude ngl

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

I know,i play on console too.And there's nothing more i want for this game to get proper optimizations after all this time but at this point we just have to wait longer and see what the devs will do next as they clearly noticed how big this problem really is.

As long as there isn't any news any other thread about optimization is pretty pointless we already got enough attention.It's now on the devs to really work on it and update us on this issue.

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169
    Options

Oni is right, all we can do is wait to see if they actually listened, and if they did, it would make EVERYONE happy if they updated us on the situation instead of just a "we're working on it' from 3 months ago

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

My guess would be that this thread was much more controlled by the mods due to how popular this thread was.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

I mean,that thread was just really exposed through its popularity.

There were a lot of people being off topic and just bumping the thread.

Some of them even intentionally tried to make some drama by threatening with lawsuits and other silly stuff.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

I think its all to do with the next gen consoles why would they try to optimize for a console thats ages old? Its sad really i wish they would just give us something the on the matter not just some "We're looking into it" answer again that EVERY DEV TEAM DO

This discussion has been closed.