Console optimization

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,767

I too hope any sort of timetable for helping out ailing frames comes out of the Q&A session.

I read a few pages back about experiencing freezes and drops while navigating the game menues, which I hadn't really tried myself as I spend little time in them. On my Xbox1 it either goes very slow or outright freezes thenever I swap between killers their roster page. I can't remember if there was a pause like that when changing killer in a lobby before they got locked. I also drop frames heavily in pretty much any part of the store. especially playing around with cosmetics. I will experiment more later on.

• JPLongstreet

Ok if I don't restart my Xbox (not just the game a hard reset of the console) every 5-6 matches the menus get slower and slower. Likewise for running bloodwebs they jam up and stutter badly without frequent restarts, especially multiple lvl 50 webs it's really noticable cursor teleports around the screen for like 6-7 seconds.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited September 2020

@bm33 all they will do is ignore player complaints and close the threads. History has shown it when it comes to console. A large portion of the console community said they did not want to cross play with pc and wanted an opt out over a year ago when the surveys asked about cross play and what happened? Console users have been complaining about frame rate drop since the curtain call chapter was released how long ago was that more than 2 years ago.

They don't care about console.

Post edited by fcc2014 on
  • JPLongstreet

I turned off Crossplay the day it came out, after several laggy af surv rounds and two of three truely soul crushing attempts to roll out my Piggy.

Each of the three were all globes, running the usual perks around my lowly rank of 13. All three games were indoor maps of course, and the last one was two, two mind you, Lery's offerings and a fog enhancer. I do not think any of the matches were SWF, or they lacked obvious coordination.

1. Gideon. One kill purely due to a 16 Claud not knowing an active trap kills at the gate. Frame drops when breaking pallets, a gen popping, and in particular applying Sloppy ram me into walls really badly. Last gen popping froze the game for a few seconds.

2. Lab. Two dc when we load in, lots of booping of snoot and farming action the rest of the way. Only frame drops I noticed were bloodlust poppin n droppin, and for each of the four unhook animations.

3. Lery's. During the camera 360 turn when we loaded in the game froze for a couple seconds. Lost frames when I hit bloodlust each and every time, causing several whiffs. Lost more frames each time I had to vault of all things, something new to me or I never noticed it before. Gen popping close froze game a bit. Frames very bad in the center room I tried to stay outta there. The simplest butt wiggle in front of me and I hit air. 0 kills.

Bottom line:

Lery's + fog offering + Xbox = bad day at the office.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459

Me too. Fingers crossed that they finally give us at least some answer/info.

At this point it feels like it's intentional that the bloodlust kicks in just when you are getting the second hit. This game robbs so much hooks from the killer that it is insane.

I'm just happy that I got my killer challenges out of the way and I don't need to play killer in almost two weeks. I got the shards and 2,4 mil bps preserved to unlock the new perks when the chapter comes out. If I didn't have the shards I certainly wouldn't support this game by buying the chapter. No money from me until the console issues are acknowledged.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

I turned crossplay after the first day as well. Between bad teammates and the game feeling even worse with frames/lags I was done after trying a dozen matches on the first day. My waits were actually worse with crossplay on, as soon as I turned it off I was getting into lobbies much faster. If I couldn't turn off crossplay I would've just deleted the game after that first day because it was awful.

• JPLongstreet

My waits were about the same for Surv but instant as always for killer without Crossplay.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
  • bm33

Yeah, true, that was my bad. Guess could say it's wishful thinking? 😂

• bm33

Oh man, if it's BHVR speak for that it needs to be way better than that. 😂

• JPLongstreet

Darn you Lery's!! I find the center room the biggest problem for either role, but killing on this map is sooooo fustrating. And I swear whenever I roll out my Piggy and i get Lery's (with or without offering) there usually seems to be a fog offering too, and this combo makes my Xbox want to throw itself down a well...

• Chunkyboi
    Chunkyboi Member Posts: 115

yeah there is no excuse cuz games like doom eternal got 60 fps on console

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

That is the first time I played it as survivor and saw it in such a state it seems to be getting worse. The piggy I was versing I think was pc so hopefully it wasn't horrible for her as it was for us.

This is kinda good news tho so far frame rate issues seem to be heavily be effecting killers more so but from what I witness we could be seeing more posts from surviour mains coming forward with complaints.

Not that I wish bad times on anyone just more voices speaking up the better.

@A_Can_Of_Air if you could be so kind as to share your experience coming from pc to console here we would very muchly appreciate it.

Very happy to see pc gamers going to console and seeing how horrible it is for us.

🐷💖

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

Its crazy because xbox can have it at 60fps if the game would just be xbox one x enhanced. I dont know why they cant just upgrade it to that. And i wasnt aware they said they will just delete any posts about it . That's pretty messed I put ALOT of cash into this game and i stream it to at least 20 people max as a smalltime streamer. That comment has me rethinking my choice to buy dlcs and skins.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

OK just trying to do my rift challenges loaded up Wraith and got an error code, might be to do with the blight top half I had equipped lol

I just love my dark souls Wraith time to be boring I guess no fancy skins for us!

😭

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

also i see alot of posts that run crazily off topic and they are still active to this day so............

• JPLongstreet

The most common error code I still encounter in the game is when i am forcibly dc'd, with it telling me i have no Internet Connection. Despite neither my chat party nor stream failing. Not as common as it uses to be, but busts up SWF when it does

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

What caught my eye more was that comment about how "good" everything looks....and it only has 13 likes. Really seems like the whole community response to the graphics changes isn't as enthusiastic as the devs like to portray.

I'm worried about console optimization as much as I'm worried about optimization for PC mainly because the PTB halved my framerate on Badham and Yamaoka. I am certain this isn't going to be fun, and with anti-aliasing still forcibly enabled, the game looks just as ugly as it does on live.

• bm33

I think the fact that it's not only a noticeable difference between PC and console but also from the last time you played console says alot about the lack of care that's gone into console performance.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    edited September 2020

Played with xplay on and off today as survivor.

While off... Fair game, functional dead hard and vaulting is possible.

While on... Been put into dying state exhausted due to pressing X for dead hard many times and vaulting is merely possible...

The fps is key in this game. I can't have fun with xplay on...

And since it is key... Fix it so we don't get screwed by something out of our control. That's frustrating.

• bm33

When I had crossplay on the game felt worse. Way more laggy/glitchy than normal.

• bm33

I'll check killers as well. Will also see if there's any improvement to the list I've shared here to survivor gameplay or if it gets worse.

• bm33

Adding to the list:

When someone screams from madness/shock. Was playing Swf, teammate's frames dropped during struggle when someone screamed across map. Not sure if it was shock or just madness from doctor.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 603

I play nurse on ps4 and has very low fps.

• bm33

I guess it's a bad day to play against Doctor on console. I had been hit with a single blast and was injured. While healing I had couple skill checks then screen did fps drop after sound of skill check and the skill check itself only flashed on the screen so I missed the skill check even though it cutaway on its own. Finish healing without having anymore skillchecks, get hit with blast again. Now every time static hits my screen I get fps drops. Try to work gen and hear skill check sounds but nothing popping up on my screen. My swf teammate gets hooked and after couple hits of struggle frames drop and he dies. Random gets downed and DC while being hooked. At this point I can't even work gen from frame drops so I just run up to Doc to have him kill me. Previous match and next match back to the regular crappy fps. Seems like playing against Doctors is just causing extra bad fps issues today.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

The game is bad in old maps to me the reworked ones didnt lag but it was my very first match of the day on console and we all know that it goes PRETTY BAD after 2 matches in a row

• bm33
    edited September 2020

New fps issues when playing survivor:

When Freddy hits someone nearby and sends them into the dream world.

When Blight uses his power nearby.

When Thanatophobia is activated. - this one is worrisome simply because not sure if other perk effects will cause issues similar to when status effects pop up on the screen.

• JPLongstreet

I won't be able to try out this chapter until the weekend, but the various posts I've read so far have not given me the warm fuzzies...

• ast2astRegMgr
    ast2astRegMgr Member Posts: 124

I play nurse on Xbox one and when I’m awarded a precise blink I can’t attack or frames will drop if there’s multiple survivors. Had someone spam a flashlight in the exit gate which caused frames to drop. Pretty Much any status change causes frames to drop.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Nobody asked for the Nurse or Billy reworks, last I recall, and if they want crossplay to completely work, they should have resolved the console issues, to try to make an equal playing field. The fact they haven't for years is deserving of rightful criticism.

If they ignore feedback, then what is the point of the PTBs and the Forums? Why do these exist, if not to discuss feedback? And the console feedback was not one or two people, but a lot of them, myself included. They cannot just ignore it when it is something many, many people are discussing because it is a problem.

• darklinger
    darklinger Member Posts: 128

Huge fps drop on ps4 when bloodlust tier up

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317

OK I think they are done with current console generation...

That's the only explanation to this garbage the game is today.

• Stinde
    edited September 2020

So, the Q&A was yesterday. What did you guys/gals think about the answer we got?

@Nobsyde @bm33 @Ryuzaki @JPLongstreet @Pulsar

I got the feeling that they are just hoping the issues to fix themselves as they upgrade the graphics. But we didn't get any answer to the problems with killer powers (doc, demo), status effects or the quite new maps with most problems (lery's, hawkings). All in all they answered very shortly to the question and didn't go into much detail.

How has the FPS been for you after the patch?

I have only played survivor but there's been the same problems with stutters and fps drops.

Edit. Also interested to hear what @SnakeSound222 @The__High_Ground @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky think.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Ive personally found literally no difference in frames tbh. However the reworked maps have felt a tiny bit smoother, but I haven't had time to test them properly yet. Lerys, midwich etc still trash.

Apparently PH and blight are quite bad on frames coming from my friend.

• Stinde

That's what I was afraid of. I've thought about trying the blight but it gives me too much anxiety since I'm rank 1 right now. I think I'll wait for rank reset in two days and hope I get a little more chill survivors.

I've only had two matches in the new preschool against a clown and nurse. The nurse seemed to have problems to blink in some parts of the map, it seemed like there could be invisible parts where the nurse would get stuck on if she tries to do a short blink. I have to wait to play more matches on the new maps and analyze more of the performance. Old maps though are still trash, just like you said.

This discussion has been closed.