PETITION TO REMOVE BORROWED TIME AND MAKE IT AN AUTOMATIC GAME FUNCTION INSTEAD

Sam_Angel
Sam_Angel Member Posts: 7
edited September 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Borrowed Time, as it is, is an essential perk for survivors. The only reason I, for one, use it is to not feel bad when I see the person I just rescued get instantly downed, potentially screwing over the entire team by the mistake of one person. This can also be exploited by troll survivors who wish to ruin the game for the team. A person on the team who doesn't run BT always risks messing over the person they just rescued, whether they thought it was a safe rescue or not. I fail to see how this can ruin the experience for either killers or survivors.

Please enlighten me on your thoughts about this.

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Nah - it's honestly fine as is, a lot of games I don't even find myself activating BT against survivor or as someone who runs it, it's just very essential for those tunneling games so i run it.

• Avarice10
    Avarice10 Member Posts: 482

It's probably never going to happen, but sure, I'll support it. No one likes being farmed off hook.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

survivors would abuse it and hook farm eachother... like the majority of BT users in my game lol

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Huh.

1 post, similiar to another post that also wanted this. Imma repeat - IF this was added then BT would have to be heavily nerfed. Like suuuuper nerfed.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

Even as a survivor main, I'mma have to say no cheif. It's unfair to killers because everyone can just swarm the hook. The number of trolls would increase because they can unhook someone who is dead on and runaway just to get safe unhook points. Also they would nerf borrowed time heavily.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Negative. This is a Perk level power and does not belong as a built in mechanic unless you want to drop the time to 10 seconds.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487

PETITION TO GIVE SURVIVORS A 5TH SLOT FOR AN EXTRA SECOND CHANCE PERK.

• Sam_Angel

How about a change to BT to reveal the survivors that are close to the hook with you, but as long as you can see each other's auras BT protect the one rescued from the hook?

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

"I fail to see how this can ruin the experience for either Killer's or Survivor's"

Well, if BHVR has any sense they wouldn't listen to a Survivor main with their biased opinion. "A person on the team who doesn't run BT always risks messing over the person they just rescued" It's called body blocking the Killer or waiting for them to get further enough away before going for the rescue, that's what a good teammate does and you're not always going to get that. Survivor's are overpowered enough as it is individually, they don't need ANOTHER controversial buff. Borrowed Time already doesn't make sense with it's "Oh you get to tank a hit for free" bull. I know you get the deep wound effect but who ever gets put back into the dying state from that? Psh..the so called downside you get doesn't balance out the positive.

• lostboy
    lostboy Member Posts: 89

As a killer main I 100% agree this should happen. I don't tunnel anyone off the hook and still achieve min 2k, predominantly 3/4K depending if they find the hatch. Why should baby killers be entitled to literally plough someone out the game when they should equally be entitled to have fun in the game.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Please no... there will be too many megheads farming of the hook and saying "bUt I hAD bT"

• zezryo
    zezryo Member Posts: 9

But you still get a full stage down and the next hook they'll be on struggle so you still get something out of hooking them.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

Sure!

Would you like DS to be that too?

How about iron will?

No?

Dead Hard?

hmmm...interesting.

Don't kid yourself. survivors only use 4 perks anyway.

• Moundshroud
    edited September 2020

Again, just no. As it stands ALL the Perks that immunize Survivor's from hits should end the second they touch a Generator, Totem, or anyone starts to heal them. We don't need to build even more immunity into the system.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I don't use BT and I alway unhook safely if not I take a hit and sometime I trade a hook with someone.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Firstly, No.

Secondly: When killers "have" to use a certain perk in every game, it gets deleted, when survivors "have" to use a certain perk in every game, they are asking to make it basekit, lul

• Manky
    Manky Member Posts: 192
    edited September 2020

Yeah, but wasting as much of the survivors time as possible is key for a killer, and if one person is on a hook and ur chasing another, there can only be 2 people doing gens, usually 1 due to one person saving. This is an essential part of the game, and this idea would completely remove that. The survivor losing a stage on teh hook literally means nothing. At high ranks, killing survivors on second hook is fairly common if you apply enough pressure so it means nothing. It would make killer unenjoyable, and the only strat I can see being viable against this is slugging which no survivors enjoy playing against. Have you ever heard of people saying they are putting pressure on the survivors? Its a base element of this game and your suggestion would remove it completely.

• zezryo

I didn't suggest anything I'm just saying that you can be optimistic about it atleast you got a hook in the first place I don't think the game needs to change very much the only thing I would say if anything is maybe fix hitboxes ik they did something that would help but today I dropped a pallet and continued running as you do, but Michael literally was behind the pallet and swung while I was far away from the pallet already he even broke the pallet after and had to walk to me when I didn't move at all.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited September 2020

What are you talking about? 'I deserved that hook' you GOT the hook. Just because someone took them down immediately doesn't negate that you GOT the hook. The optimal way to score is to have every survivor go on hook 3 times. There's no need to tunnel/camp you WANT survivors to take other survivors off hook so you can hook them again later.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

No. teach your teammates to not unhook you near killer?

• Manky

I'm gonna intentionally mistake the aggression in that for passion.

I don't think you read me properly. As I have replied before to someone else here, wasting survivors time is more important than points. If someone takes someone off the hook within seconds of me hooking them then there is now 3 people off doing their own thing and one person in a chase. If this idea doesnt go through (which it wont btw) then I would have 1 person on a hook, potentially a second person in a chase and the other two on gens with one of them possibly going for the save. Do you see what I'm saying here? Instead of having 3 people on gens, I would have 1 which is an essential aspect of this game. Map pressure is the only way a killer can win against any team with half a brain and this idea would completely remove all map pressure. So when I say "I deserved that hook" im not talking about my hook bloodpoints, I'm talking about the pressure. Camping killers is annoying, I play survivor too it really sucks, but when have you ever come across a camping killer that won? Unless you literally fed yourself to the killer then the killer wont win. Gens get done in that 2 minutes they are on the hook. At good ranks, camping never happens unless people are trying to derank and are being dicks about it so this addition would completely unbalance this game. So when you say "just because someone took them down immediately doesn't negate that you GOT the hook." you are wrong. I got the points, but that means nothing.

• Moundshroud

My personal view is that each Survivor should have one of their signature Perks converted into a base power (and thus not teachable) in the same way the Killers have a unique Power. That would make the Survivors MORE than just Skins. I'm not a huge fan of ANY of the abilities, Killer or Survivor being converted to automatic, base parts of the game.

• Moundshroud

I do the same and I've never even been a Rank-1 Killer. I hope to break into Red this cycle. However, my exception is the basement. If I am in the basement zone, and I can get more than one on the hook because they are rushing the hooks, I do so. I've found that I can snowball an entire game if I can get two in the basement at the same time.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

Ooo hey that actually sounds interesting. Restricting Survivor perks to a single Survivor. The most powerful one would of course need to be the restricted one like David with Dead Hard, Laurie with Decisive Strike, Bill with Borrowed Time. Doubtful that'll ever happen but it's still nice to dream.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Then everyone will be running meg/bill/Laurie

There are way too many survivors, who have all terrible perks. Not to mention that many people actually like survivors being like skins

• Moundshroud

Not necessarily. They don't all have terrible Perks. Some of them just have Perks that are too good. Let me put it this way, if you are trying to fix a system and you have a MASSIVE number of Perks only only four of them are being used, which is easier to fix? The other Perks will never become more attractive until they have practical use. I submit that EACH Survivor should have one really good natural ability which makes it a tougher choice. I'm not a Killer Main; I play Survivor too. I just think reducing all the Survivors to just "Skins" is part of the problem. Rework one Perk for each of them into a PROPER innate ability. Then each one will have real value. I think you will have more than just Bill, Meg, and Laurie running around.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

Do the same with Kindred, remove Mori's and turn Cypress Mori into base kit for Killers, remove or at least nerf Keys by having to go through an animation to open the hatch, and only one person can escape, delete NOED...

...And this game would be perfection.

• Sam_Angel

What about if the survivor had a small boost to the perks that they use then? For example Ace, who is luck based, could have like a 1 or maybe 2% boost to his own luck related perks so that the perks would have better effects when using Ace. The boost doesn't have to be super huge but I think it's a nice idea.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

BHVR won't do that because they don't want "Meta" survivors.

• LuckySteveMain
    LuckySteveMain Member Posts: 11

You had me at the first half ngl

• zezryo

I think this is meant as sarcasm I don't think anyone is entitled enough to think borrowed should be a function but it still has itself a place it is for situations where Killers decide to camp so really you Killers brought it on yourselves and therefore should not complain.

• Manky
    edited September 2020

Rank 1 my guy but rank 1 killer is hardly a flex at this point. I think you have completely ignored everything I have said or you just arent a good killer. Pressure of someone being on a hook is a vital part of this game, the difference of 3 people being on a gen and 1 person on a gen. I bet with this attitude you get gen rushed a lot. You cant "for the most part i worry about gens" because then you miss out on everything else. The whole point of map pressure is to get people off gens so if all you are doing is pushing people off gens instead of securing people off gens the people are just going to get right back on the gen. You need to give the survivors incentive to not do the objective to stop them. Simply chasing them a bit will not suffice, they need the altruism as an incentive. Chasing them away will only result in them either going down, and with your attitude they will just get off the hook straight away, or getting away and finding a new gen, and in the time you were chasing them someone else popped the gen you were protecting. I struggle to understand how someone who doesnt understand this basic part of the game gets to rank 1.

• Avarice10

I do actually support this, but it does make me wonder, if this did go through, I wonder what the perk BT would be reworked as, it would be interesting to see.

• Avarice10

Not a bad idea, not sure about the keys though, there's an achievemt for all 4 to escape via hatch, you need the key for that.

• Avarice10

They could make it that survivors have a 5th perk that can only be a teachable, and they could do the same for killers.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Lol, I'm a perfectly fine killer. Maybe the reason why I reached rank 1 is because I get 3 full hooks on everyone???

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

The achievement could just be "vaulted" or something, and everyone who got it can flex on new players and be like "Hey look I got this achievement you can't get anymore."

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

*laughs for thirteen years*

No.

If you want the Borrowed Time effect, give up one of the other meta/crutch perks to use it. Don't need Survivors essentially having 5 perks because of this. Same as the threads saying DS should be base line. Just no.

• arcnkd

BHVR can't even balance survivors vs. killers properly and you want to give them balancing survivor vs. survivor vs. killer?? As if the game needed more 'pay-or-suffer-RNGesus-to-win' mechanics with its perks-locked-behind-DLC walls.

• arcnkd

In all seriousness - making Mori's baseline for killers.... even something like 0 blood points for mori-ing a Survivor, and the mori'd survivor gets like 5k.... would be a vast improvement over this pretty lame 'sacrifice instead of killing your victims' storyline even if it would cut games short and make Survivors saltier because they just get killed outright.

Keys honestly could be 'fixed' one of two ways -- either remove all means of keeping your key; remove keys from chests; make them Bloodweb-obtainable only; and reduce hatch-escape blood points (because it rewards too much bp as it is for the "free escape" it usually is).

Or

Remove all means of keeping keys; remove keys from bloodwebs; make keys RNG-only-in-Chests and an actual rarity/surprise to find instead of being able to go into a match with one.