Undying needs to be nerfed.

Haselden
Haselden Member Posts: 17
edited September 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

This perk combined with ruin or Devour hope literally is breaking games. They're to many hex totems to worry about now with undying, it should only reveal people near totems not buff other perks.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Small Game

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

just cleanse all totems you see. can't transfer a hex to a dull totem if there are no dull totems

btw can someone answer this question, what happens if someone cleanses a haunted grounds but there are no dull totems for it to transfer to. do you keep one H totem or does the remaining H totem turn into a dull totem.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

Remaining one becomes dull AFAIK. Cant confirm yet but it's the likely thing.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

One becomes dull however afaik it needs 2 to bind to so the perk vanishes, leaving a dull totem in it's wake. As far as I know, anyway.

• Haselden
    Haselden Member Posts: 17

It would be more realistic too add a "burning" sounds to hex totems. So players could at least realistically find all the hex totems easier within the first 3 minutes. However, how it is right now time players even find all the five hex totems the killer pretty much has complete control of the map. I've seen players trying to get gens done with Ruin up, but it's difficult.

Anyway, I was just giving my feedback on how broken Undying is. Perhaps instead of 3 replacement dull totems, it should only transfer the effect once to a dull totem. Not endlessly like it is right now, and get rid of the 2 meter reveal when players are near the totems.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

no

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

There are multiple perks, as well as items/addons that counter all hex perks. Get better instead of asking for nerfs.

• SloppyKnockout

Also imagine having to not run a crutch perk to maybe run Detectives Hunch, so you can find all the totems.

I know. A novel concept. Ditching a crutch for something functional.

• Redhawk_uk2
    Redhawk_uk2 Member Posts: 53

There is a burning sfx for totems its just rather quiet and I didnt even know till a few months back.

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

yes undying needs to be nerfed. hex totems are supposed to be a power so great that its ment to be limited. if this stays in the game in its current state survivors will need to get their old school exhaustion back to balance it out.

• EqMonkVeeshan
    edited September 2020

that is the reason the killer sees where his hex totems are at so he can protect them. undying allows the killer to just ignore this secondary objective aspect of the game.

• EqMonkVeeshan

oh you don't say if you protect your totems they do gens wow what a novel concept that's the price you pay for such a strong perk. you can choose to protect the thing that benefits you most and its completely your choice. adding undying has altered that so you can just ignore that secondary objective.

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253

If its such an issue for you then maybe run small game, detective's hunch or a map to find the totems. You can run distortion for the aura reveal block I believe.

• SloppyKnockout

That would mean not being able to run one of their crutch perks. That's clearly asking too much.

You know - that they actually have to put effort into their gameplay as a survivor.

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402

Trust me, after a week nobody will use undying, since using 2 slots for hex perks is kind of a waste already. By the way devour lose all the stacks when relocated and honestly new ruin is not too much of a problem

• EqMonkVeeshan

wait so your saying being able to ignore a secondary objective is fine if its for the killer, but not fine if your a survivor. Hypocrite much?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I ran into someone running Thrill, Ruin, Devour and Undying. Fortunately I was playing with three friends, so we found all four totems and began to cleanse them at the same time. She went after one person, the other three were successfully cleansed and then she disconnected.

• EqMonkVeeshan

see but that was why the perk was so strong to begin with there was high risk high reward. now its basically low risk high reward and you can literally ignore your secondary objective of protecting that great power.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited September 2020

Well your paying 2 perk slots and if the undying itself gets cleansed it doenst matter much. Theres only 5 totems and 4 survivors, so it shouldnt take that long if its really something big. Also if protecting your "strong perk" makes you lose the game, then its not that strong.

Totems needed a change for a loooooooooong time, instead of a base change we got a perk so its meh. Totems get cleansed extremely fast on the norm, its been a big problem for ages. You don't know what you're talking about or you need to git gud. Or again, just equip small game -_-

Its not supposed to be a secondary objective for the killer only, its for the survivors too. You;re the one wanitng to ignore it. You still need to protect undying, you'll still need to protect the new totem spawn. Again, against 4 survivors? not happening. Hell against 2-3 survivors not happening unless you want to throw the game.

Wanting to nerf a perk on killer because its somewhat usable, what a novel concept. I'm done here, hopefully this topic sinks. Make a poll if you really care that much.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
  • EqMonkVeeshan
    edited September 2020

you claim your totems are cleansed within 30 seconds its obvious that survivors are not ignoring the secondary objective.thanks for proving that point for me... but good to see you support being able to ignore a secondary objective if it totally benefits you! Hypocrite much?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Agree, the aura aspect of it is a little excessive. There are even totems near generators 🤣

• MrPenguin
    edited September 2020

Make a poll Ms.Waaaahhh-I-can't-clense-totems-boo-hoo. See Who agrees. Maybe you'll prove something, maybe you'll see your wrong.

You clearly didn't read my post based on your response, so you clearly don't care about an actual discussion.

• WARW0LF
    WARW0LF Member Posts: 200

people really thing the "your using 2 slots" excuse actually makes sense, this community sometimes cracks me up, let me guess you guys use BBQ for its extra points right?

the effect of undying, seeing peoples auras is already strong in its own right, buffing other perks, especially strong perks, throws any form of balance the devs thought they had, out the window, i find it quite funny that the surv perks are pretty much useless but the killer perks are borderline OP, classic BHVR

• EqMonkVeeshan

Borderline OP? no they are well over that line they are OP

• EqMonkVeeshan

No i read your post fully and understand what you're saying. I agree they need to do something to help make the totems last a little longer for killers. i have always been for the time it takes to cleanse all totems to be increased a little bit. but to sit here claim I am wanting to ignore a secondary objective as a survivor when you yourself clearly state survivors are doing that very objective obscenely fast, we are not that far apart. the only thing we are apart on is the fact that you want it so killers can ignore that very same secondary objective. I mean I am a survivor main i cant stand playing killer but have played a lot of hours as both and I am for fixing the issue by not making it tied to a second perk and your crying that I need to just run this or that or this other thing. obviously people are doing these things already. so either get on the same dang page and work with us so we can get it done right and not just jump on the us vs them bandwagon. undying needs to be changed. this is not the totem fix needed.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

If Devour is cleansed it loses all of it's tokens, so it isn't even an issue.

• MrPenguin
    edited September 2020

This is literally the totem fix the community has been asking for for actual years, they just sold it back to us in a perk. Its unrealistic to ask the killer to defend a totem that gets cleansed in 16 seconds against 4 survivors. If even 2 of them know its their you are put into a protect the totem and get no value out of it and throw the game, or lose the totem. Something like undying was being asked to be a fundamental mechanic and we got it as a perk instead. Unless you want totem cleansing to take 40 seconds+ or something, which could also work I guess? But I don't think we want more m1 holding from what I understand of the gen time discussions.

The reason why totems get cleansed so fast usually has nothing to do with survivors looking for them, but more their piss poor "hiding" locations, such as out in the open (chapel) or literally right by a gen (lots of maps) or right in a common travel path. I can spawn in, walk to the nearest gen,and a totem will be right there too, I can cleanse it before the killer even has a chance to get to it, let alone defend it. If they do show up, lead them away, if any other survivor knows that totem is there its lost.

I'd rather the whole totem system be reworked in its entirety as its much to easy to just learn the locations on 90% of maps, or just slap on small game if you cant be bothered. The other community suggestion was for hexes to stick around after they were cleansed for a much weaker effect, and not just a dead perk and I actually prefer that solution over undying, but its better then no solution I suppose.

I play both sides as well. I usually cleanse 3-5 totems by myself per match, just in case of NoED and because they are practically thrown at me in a lot of maps. If just one of my teammates is not like they typical survivor main expecting to just ignore totems and whine about whatever hex, then its usually not a problem unless we're on Red Forest or an indoor map.

If you really want to have a discussion don't respond with "you just want to ignore the secondary objective hurr durr" ,"your crying that I need to just run this or that or this other thing" or "not just jump on the us vs them bandwagon" because:

1) Thats not a discussion.

2) addressing none of the points brought up is not going to get you anywhere

3) being accusatory and insulting is not going to get you anywhere

4) you come across as someone who just want to be right, is blinded by their own bias, doesn't read opposing opinions, or lacks the comprehension to understand what was said.

Especially when I specifically stated its an objective for both sides and how that was still in play and the perk just helps the weaker side in the struggle as it should. Throwing insults, accusations, and massive assumptions is not a discussion.

• bgbomb
    bgbomb Member Posts: 434

What?

Nerf it so nobody run HEX perk again just like before?

How about no?

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869
    edited September 2020

The fact you could lose 2 perks when the totems are broken and need to continue with only 2 remaining perks still makes it a high risk, high reward.

Post edited by Nameless on
  • helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

LOL. Totems all spawn in similar spots on all the maps. You don't even need to run or bring an item in to counter hex perks, just be some what familiar with map tiles. Stop being lazy and just spend 14 seconds cleansing that totem next to the gen your going to work on. Killers already have to juggle chases, 4 servivors, gen pressure, and protecting totems, so you can learn to juggle gens and totems.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

And it starts NERF... Okay, Nerf Spine chill first !😀

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

This is ridiculous.

Most Hex perks aren't even good WITH Undying.

But sure. Tell us what Hex perks are now so broken that old school exhaustion needs to come back.

Also, Undying does not make the Killer able to ignore Totems. You are acting like Hex: Undying isn't a Hex perk in and of itself, meaning it can be cleansed, or that Hexes with stacks don't get reset.