Why in the world would you ever open up Bedham Preschool as a killer?

ZCerebrate
ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641
edited September 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

So new Preschool has destructible walls on both sides and basically guarantees a generator in one of the two basement locations or the 1 in the corner room of the 1st floor. I had the joy of playing trapper on this map and just putting 2 traps on both doorways basically locking the entire building down, bonus points since my Hex: Devour Hope was down there.

There is 0 reason to ever kick open either of those doors unless they are already inside and 3 manning that last generator as you hook the 4th guy and want to get in there to mess them up and maybe get a pop off.

I thought they were adding destructible walls to help reduce the strength of strong loops... these are actual killer noob traps - sort of like opening all the ramps on Midwich (in most cases).

Also what happened to adding that same killer shack door like Dead Dog Saloon whenever they reworked a killer shack? Did that just get thrown out the window?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Alphaphalt
    Alphaphalt Member Posts: 259

I won't disagree that the fence side wall has no reason to be broken most of the time, but do you really want them to add a breakable wall to shack...

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Had a few survivors run in there and pretty much go 'Oh #########' as they ran into the breakable doors and then get downed. I like it, it's no longer safe compared to the original map. There's like 2 doors on the house you'd probably want to leave too. Now if they could only do a haddonfield map touch up to reduce the infinite's there with the building's, especially the house with the stair window vault that loops into the mini basement with the pallet.

• ZCerebrate

Its not whether I need that breakable at shack to down a majority of survivors but it does help certain killers make shack unsafe rather quickly even mid chase - it's something that works on saloon shack without much complaint so I didn't see why the idea was dropped anyway.

The whole mechanic of breakable walls was sold as something that would add another level of thought/strategy to the game... many even imagined it to be so.

Just thought the whole point of breakables was for strategic incentive on choosing when to break a wall (especially on killers who don't instant break with Shred or chainsaw) during a chase or lull. They could've just reworked it like the Ironworks of Misery loop rather than putting in an odd breakable that should never be broken. It's like they went for the theme of "Hey someone came and boarded up this door, remember that?" rather than just address the derp loop normally and put more breakables in other places (They sort of put one in garage and the house on bedlam but they're in pointless spots - especially the garage one that only helps survivors by stopping the doorway but guaranteeing one of the windows being open.

• ZCerebrate

That same garage house is here on new Bedlam Preschool and they made it stronger for survivors by adding a breakable on the doorway as you come up the stairs (while one of the two windows will be open on either side of it). *Guess that's strategy* though if you choose not to kick it and walk all the way around the front door to get to them...

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

It's a bandaid fix for infinites other than that they killed the map barely any pallets and if there is they are all short.

• ZandoFox
    ZandoFox Member Posts: 15

Preschool is too strong for killer now imo, it's insane.