Matchmaking experience?!? We don’t need NMR!

Options

So, the mmr is offline for a while and I like to know how were player experiences the last weeks?

In my case I enjoy most of my games (I’m not talking about bugs). I play both, survivor on red and killer on purple ranks. I were matched with killers and survivors similar to my skilllevel so it is really fun to play :)

The only bad thing is the „killerlock“, so I have to dodge lobbies instead to switch to another killer, because I don’t like to play trapper if I see 2 survs with a map...

In my opinion we don’t need a mmr in dead by daylight, maybe a few changes in the rankingsystem but that’s all and I really don’t like the killerlock, it’s not a big deal to play a newer killer a few times on a higher rank, maybe you will lose a few games while you practice but that’s fine. I prefer to see a trainingsmode where player can practice killer or survivor but I really hope the devs stop working on a mmr!!! 

What are your experience and what you think?

Comments

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

As a new player that is mainly playing killer it is horrible. I rarely get matched with people on a similar level as my own. I got to rank 13 and rarely meet anyone that isn't purple or red ranks. I get more rank 1 survivors than green ones in my lobby.

The game is a lot of fun, when it feel like you are at somewhat of an equal footing. I try to usually identify whether the survivor I am chasing is out of my league or not and break the chase searching for someone new if they are. If they can loop me for 30+ seconds I am already losing, prolonging it more will just mean I lose without getting anything.

• Syntai
    Syntai Member Posts: 38
    Options

I've hit rank 1 as killer recently (PC) and got like 700 hrs played. I feel comfortable with a few killers, but most matches still stress me out.

I've started checking the steam profiles of my opponents and if they aren't hidden, survivors I go against somehow have 2,500 hrs played, which still feels pretty stupid.

Also I don't like the killer lock. If I want to play Hag but I see 3 people bringing a flash light, I want to switch to another killer. But I can't. So either I fck myself or I dodge.

Since I only have to wait a couple seconds in Q I usually skip these.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Console player:

A lot of the nonsense survivors have is amplified due to poor optimization. In one moment, it is stable, the next, the frames drop and the survivor I am chasing is gone.

It would be fun if it felt like an equal playing field.

• DudelPumaAce
    DudelPumaAce Member Posts: 305
    edited September 2020
    Options

player they play 200-300h comes ez to rank 1 when you thing, when you rank 1 you are one a best surviver or killer in dbd ? hahaa sry but , the fact is 95% or more in dbd in the high ranks are realy bad... what do you need for high rank ? press m1 for gen repair, press m1 for heal and unhooks, hide from the killer, the game say omg you are sooo good player, defuq xD and when you juke the killer so long and you use 3-4 pallets in 2-3min, and the games says "hmm, this was ok, but you dint do gens, unhooking and healing other player you are bad... xD

yah right wE dOnT nEeD mMr haha

for me i dont play dbd more, until first, MMR or hit Validation comes back... you have killer with 100+ ping they dedticated you, or you have bs mates they weist pallets and die in 10sec...

• IronArtemis
    IronArtemis Member Posts: 24
    Options

Honestly same, I play on PS4 and I have had so many frame drops when doing something like sit on a gen or chase a survivor, let alone when something on screen appears like a hex or bloodlust. I think they really need to sort out how badly the game runs for console players, that being said I do feel like the matchmaking is overall pretty ok at higher ranks (red/purple) but things like keys and moris still need to be changed.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

It would be best for them to optimize console, but the fact they closed the largest constructive thread about it with only one warning says a lot.

• BOT_Ethan
    BOT_Ethan Member Posts: 29
    Options

Practice mode would help me practice new killers and I am not afraid of losing a few games as well while practicing. The problem is that I am not matched with survivors of simliar skill level while playing survivors! You expect longer survivor queues in the evening compared to morning queues and as soon as you wait more than 2 min, you get into weird lobbies such as 2red & 2yellow survivors with a purple killer. It feels like devs are calculating survivors' skill level based on the mean of their ranks. Please get me into a all red&purple lobby and I am wililing to wait for another 5min.