The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why Trapper and Wraith should be buffed, with high priority.

ChesterTheMolester
ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
edited October 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Before i get to my balance suggestions, i do believe it'd be best long term if these changes are implemented as soon as possible, even if it sounds counterproductive for some.

My reasoning is that while there are other Killers and mechanics that are definitely worse, the buffs those two Killers received pushed them in a place where i can say that a few minor changes would make them balanced and fun. 
This is important because while chapters and bigger changes naturally take more time, playing and facing 2 more Killers in the roster will add variety in the game which is more fun.

Trapper changes:

-Starts and holds two Bear Traps by default, one Bear Trap is removed from the map to compensate
(less add on reliant, allows for more builds and creativity).

-The ability to quickly reset disarmed Traps on the ground
(QOL as the replacement of traps is currently very annoying and tedious)

-Fastening Tools' downside are removed.

- (Optional) Escaping a bear trap is now a channel and no longer RNG, duration is affected by Wax Brick, Fastening Tools and Slippery Meat.

Wraith:

- Increase the Speed Burst to 1.5 seconds OR increase the Uncloak movement speed to the point where he can somewhat consistantly get hits in the open with his speed burst after uncloaking.

- (Optional) Wraith is now completely invisible when outside of 32m range to lessen the impact of SWF on him.

- (Optional) Increased BP for stalking as Wraith doesnt spend much time observing survivors and minimizes LOS for ambushes.

Comments

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199
    I see what you mean here but I honestly think Wraith doesn't need much anymore. Some people do very well with them now. Trapper does need buffs though. 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited October 2018
    I see what you mean here but I honestly think Wraith doesn't need much anymore. Some people do very well with them now. Trapper does need buffs though. 
    Both dont need that much anymore, thats the point. If these are implemented we have more Killers that might become more popular in the higher Ranks. Im currently R1 with Trapper, can post a screenshot if you wish later, thats why i focused on the addon freedom and QOL for him, makes things less annoying while still a buff.
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199
    Both dont need that much anymore, thats the point. If these are implemented we have more Killers that might become more popular. Im currently R1 with Trapper, can post a screenshot if you wish, thats why i focused on the addon freedom and QOL for him, makes things less annoying while still a buff.
    You don't need to post a screenshot because I used to be a Trapper main lol I know it's possible to get rank 1 with him. I feel like the most important change for him is to increase the hitbox on traps and fix the issue where some survivors run straight over them. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Before i get to my balance suggestions, i do believe it'd be best long term if these changes are implemented as soon as possible, even if it sounds counterproductive for some.

My reasoning is that while there are other Killers and mechanics that are definitely worse, the buffs those two Killers received pushed them in a place where i can say that a few minor changes would make them balanced and fun. 
    This is important because while chapters and bigger changes naturally take more time, playing and facing 2 more Killers in the roster will add variety in the game which is more fun. Trapper changes:

(Spoiler)

This would be some QoL changes, but nothing that would really improve the Trapper gameplay.
    He is a low tier killer at the moment.
    His add on rework didn't do much to make him better, because is core kit is outdated and to slow for the current gameenviroment.

• Ysoria
    Ysoria Member Posts: 13

In high rank, trapper is ridiculously bad. He has litteraly no power : any survivor can stpo and disarm his trap easily and it takes too much time to go get them and put them in place.

Traps shouldnt be disarmable OR when you do so, you go in injured state (without any addon). This buff is necessary, at least in high rank. Maybe lower the number of traps in the case they can be disarmed.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Blood_Coil_Viper said:

Both dont need that much anymore, thats the point. If these are implemented we have more Killers that might become more popular in the higher Ranks. Im currently R1 with Trapper, can post a screenshot if you wish later, thats why i focused on the addon freedom and QOL for him, makes things less annoying while still a buff.

Everyone can reach rank 1 in the current state of the game. THat does not mean that every killer is viable though and if you actually are an experienced rank 1 player, you know that very well :lol:

Trapper was a really nice killer in the beginning (he was acvtually my favourite), but the introduction of SWF and voice comms has completely demolished him