Why do killers hate Object Of Obsession?

2»

Comments

• YehBoiGoku
    YehBoiGoku Member Posts: 248

It's free info basically the whole time if you don't have an undetectable perk or ability.

I personally will start using it a bit just because it is free info. That is literally the strongest the you can have against killers.

Sounds like such a great perk for the survivor side but definitely not for the killer side.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Because the hardest thing in this game is hitting a survivor twice. Usually the goal is to reduce the amount of time it takes to get that first hit, OoO means youre for sure going to have to have to chase that person before you get that first hit. Long chase too. On top of that youve got someine calling out your every move to the entire team, at least you HAVE to assume they are. Additiinally its just annoying watching someone on the other side of the map doing gens and knowing theres nothing you can do about it. If you go at them theyre running away before youre even close. Its legit a broken perk.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

One time i ran t1 myers on the game and there were 2 OoO, one of my all time favorite games

• Dead_by_Gadfly

Youre full of it. If youre not full of it then youre sitting in brown ranks.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170

Except the survivors version is way better. The aura is better as you can pretty much just watch the killer if you want to. The killer meanwhile only gets glimpses of the survivor and when close gets no aura at all. It is not an even trade off by any means.

• OoO can be quit useless against a killer and more harmful toward the user. sometimes you may revel yourself without realising.

When playing against them, the OoO user usually want attention, forget about them. In fact, use them early game to see where other survivors are. survivors mostly spawn together.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

I run it in solo. The best thing to do for your team in solo queue (if you're confident) is to occupy the killer while your teammates do their thing and object activates people's tunnel vision, so most of the time you end up getting chased all game.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

OOO : is used frequently by survivors that plan on running the killer around the map while their teams are clearing the map of generators. So if a team coordinates with one another they can successfully annoy the killer and keep the killer distracted. If the person is bad at it. Well, gg them.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246
    edited September 2020

It only has downsides if the killer is exceptional or the survivor running it is weaker than the killer player in chase. It has little to no downside if a strong runner uses it.

I use OoO in solo queue pretty often. Many killers are very abusable with the perk. 110 killers like Huntress/Deathslinger can be run around larger tiles like log piles or maps like Midwich for a long time. You get perfect wall hacks on Freddy unless they have a blindness add on. You can get an insane head start on standard 115 M1 killers.

The perk only hurts weaker killers. I love it when people run it against me on Nurse though. Ez mode.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Because i tunneled. As if nothing literally forced me to do it.

• extonjonas
    extonjonas Member Posts: 41

You literally just saif you ude it as a survivor because your strong in chases which means you know why killer don't like it because its strong. What you said might be true in a 4 man but what about a two or three man? Even in a four man it provides unbelievable amounts of info on the killer. There is no way to justify in any game that involves strategy to constantly be aware of the enemy position at least not in PvP. It should be deleted from the game. How they have not gotten rid of it yet is beyond me

• Bloodwidow
    Bloodwidow Member Posts: 190

I love playing Pig with Amanda's Letter. Object of Obsession would totally negates the fun.

Luckily I don't met someone with OoO as a Stealth Killer till now. 😊

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

It gives you enough distance to never been caught out, very easy to play safe when running this perk, basically meaning the object can always run to a really strong area before you can chase them.

• Crap_Martini
    Crap_Martini Member Posts: 50

Imagine playing against legion or ghost face as described. "one" killer multiple bodies.

You only know of the location of one of the killers but there are four and one always knows where you are and what you're doing. You'd never touch a gen/totem and you wouldn't survive.

Now imagine it was lone survivor.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

It's a crazy amount of free info that you can use pretty much all the time

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

No Killer enjoys playing vs arrogant Survivors

Pretty much it right there. I mean there's probably a few more psychological players such as OoO takes control away from the Killer but other than that its just Arrogant players that run that toxic perk.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Unrelated, we are talking about OoO here.

But if you want to go to that topic, survivors abuse OoO with DS and Unbreakable, not caring for the killer's fun, survivors bring keys and then complain about moris, we have to respect the survivor rules for killers if we do not, we will be ######### talked.

Survivors even when not being tunneled go into a locker for the free ds escape then complain about tunneling.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Sounds like BBQ, Undying, Whispers, Nurses Calling, I'm All Ears, Infectious Freight, several other perks.....Blight's addons...

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Most of them do tend to be console players in sweat squads, I've noticed. Sometimes it's just a duo, though and that's not so bad; just a minor nuisance.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712
    edited September 2020

When a single survivor can have insane amount of info without having to do anything they can share that with other survivors, which is why you only see OoO in swf groups. All of those perks you listed aren't even comparable to OoO

Nurses survivors have to be healing within a certain range of you

I'm All ears is just used for mindgaming not for tracking

Whispers only gives you the general area of survivors doesn't tell you how many in an area, where they are, etc

Infectious you need to get a down, have people in your tr, and hope they don't have calm spirit or are in a locker

Undying is only within a small range of a totem for a couple seconds and if your not paying attention or in a chase you can easily miss it

BBQ requires you to hook someone, it only shows the aura of people 40+ meters away and you can easily go into a locker or hide behind a gen to avoid it. (Also why the hell do survivor mains hate bbq it legit encourages killers to not camp)

Blight only has one addon that is tracking and it's getting gutted so you obviously have been living under a rock recently

Another case of whataboutism in the dbd community

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

In fairness, Undying, Infectious and Compound Twenty One are big issues (Hence the nerf the aforementioned add-on is receiving) but OoO is just ridiculous.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Its not unrelated. We are talking about what makes something unfun. It goes two ways. Killers and survivors both have something that unfun to do

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Yes but you don't see the massive increase in moris while you see OoO more often at least in my case, can't play hag, trapper and to a degree freddy.

Also again, it's not the same, play as a 4.4 killer in midwich against an OoO, you will realize how fun that perk is and how unfun it is.

Mori'ing on 1st hook is boring but OoO imo is worse and more boring especially if you play with a team.

• ASLucifer
    ASLucifer Member Posts: 5

I just hate it because I feel like the people think run it think that I'm stupid and bad. I had a friend that tried to bully me with that perk when I first got into the game, but I quickly caught on and learned to outplay him. I originally took it as a joke, until I saw it in my games and the people using it were being toxic. Because of that, I make it a habit to immediately kill any red auras I see within the first 15 seconds of a match (outside of the obvious auras from stuff like BBQ, Undying, etc.).

Funny thing is, I actually had a game in which I tunneled someone because I thought they were running OoO. I saw their aura and made it my mission to kill them ASAP. I got to the end of match lobby and saw that the person I tunneled didn't even have OoO, she was showing up to me because of that one key add-on that shows the aura of an obsession. The best part...she wasn't the one that brought a key into that match...

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

Ah no I didn't mean these values in particular but the concept of your suggestion.

If the trade-off is changed from information vs information to information vs progress power than I would imagine that tunneling the obsession in case of this perk would rise to insane levels. And even when the obsession user is the best looper in the team, he won't get any value out of the perk itself except the tunnel target on his back.

• burt0r

I wouldn't say swf is impossible to beat since they are most of the time overly altruistic and predictable.

It is just the fact that by simply going in lobby together they get the POTENTIAL of 5 to 10 information perks via comms.

I watched some old videos of a german YouTuber and his buddies. They are cold potatoes concerning this game in grey ranks but even they managed to win more than enough against killers. At ranks where if the survivor have no clue, the killer is immensely favored.

• burt0r

Only if they look at each other. Survivor can look all they want and simply turn away once the killer seems to look in their direction.

Funny how this is the counter argument for everything. I play only killer, even try to avoid high cost offerings etc in the bloodweb to level more efficient and never use those things, since from my luck and experience when I do for a daily I get hit by one of those sparse death squats.

I still get hit by many things from the other side that are unfun.

Does this make your argument invalid? No, but I am sick and tired of always hearing the same melody that does not even apply to many of us. Rant over.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

lol, this post is great. When people who obviously have never spent more than 10 minutes playing killer bring up this kind of BS. "Look at all these perks where you have to actually do something or be within a certain range and you might spot a survivor for 2-6 seconds! It's totally the same as me being able to literally look in the killer's direction and see exactly what they're doing for as long as I want, and looking away so they lose tracking on me so I can hide somewhere else!"

Me being able to see the killer, who is solo, vs the killer sometimes being able to see 1-3 people, depending on circumstances and location of survivors. Toootally the same thing, guys. Never mind the hilariously easy counter to BBQ of hiding behind a generator whose aura PERFECTLY blocks yours. Blight's Add-Ons are the biggest issue out of all of those and they're already about to get nerfed into oblivion, while somehow OoO has been buffed so the killer doesn't even have to be looking in your direction anymore, meaning if he's turned right you can reveal him entirely without him even knowing it.

They should flip it around so that you see the killer's aura (from any distance, including through blindness) if they're looking in your direction. Then the perk can provide even MORE information to the user but the killer gets counterplay potential and can work around it if they're smart.

Or have it charge tokens or something. Maybe give it a red bar like all killer powers have been getting.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

But getting targeted by the killer is the whole idea behind Object of Obsession in the first place. You are voluntarily telling the killer where you are for powerful information in the current version, getting tunneled is the downside.

And the numbers matter because obviously if you, for instance, made it “increase gen speed repair by 100x” and could repair a gen in 4 seconds it would be obnoxiously powerful, but if you said “increase gen speed by 1%” then the effect would be meaningless. So somewhere between those extremes exists an intermediate value where the benefit is strong enough to be worth taking the risk of being focussed on by the killer but not so strong that the perk is broken.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

Nerf an add-on that lets you see the survivor for 6 seconds if their within a 16 meter range of you but don't question a perk that allows you to see the killer (pretty much) across the map at all times. Fun, fair and interactive.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Like I always said, when the devs are not that great as survivor, they will look more into that than when they occasionally play killer.

The compound 21 is strong, now it's good, but easy to counter.

Just stay behind something, and as soon as he stops he gets a little dely/stun, just run away as he needs tokens to rush.

Wish the devs were watching more objectively and not as they do now

• Bloodwidow
    Bloodwidow Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2020

I would mix Object of Obsession and Spine Chill:

The Killer can see the Obsession but the Survivor can't see the Killer. The Obsession can feel if the Killer is near and vault faster, like with Spine Chill. I think that would fit more into the roles.

The other survivors getting a benefit the longer the killer chasing the obsession.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Than you're one of the lucky once.

Have faced them to often unfortunately and for some reason I face them mostly with freddy 🤦‍♂️😢