Quit Designing...

arcnkd
arcnkd Member Posts: 446
edited September 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

...absolutely stupid, biased challenges and reward systems like this:

Ah yes, but of course. I'm so sorry.

This is what the Survivors want - killers to be punished and forced to have to give them second chance after second chance after second chance and let everyone get hooked three times to die; while they run around flashlight clicking, pallet stunning, constant looping, dead harding, sprint bursting and doing everything under the sun to avoid hooks while trolling killers endlessly.

Because the Survivor-mains and the Devs want a one-sided experience where Survivors can come in and troll the killers and not have to be 'afraid' to be caught or anything; but killers need to not do their objective at all because it hurts the delicate feelings of Survivor players if they lose.

Utter. Complete. Bullshit game design. Might as well remove the killer's objective and just turn the game into "how long does it take Survivors to escape", since that is clearly what kind of game the Devs are wanting to turn DBD into - because Survivors can't handle killers securing their kills even if it means losing gen progress or disallowing other Survivors to "farm" by getting unhook BP.

Bullshit.

This game went downhill and has stayed in a trench the moment the emblem system became one that punished one side for effectively doing their objective; for the sake and enjoyment of the other side's ######### around.

Trigger all the players vehemently defending these mechanics because they don't want to "stress" or have to "try" in their matches. They want to farm blooddpoints, have a no-worries game time and time and time again, and who cares about killers feeling powerful and like actual 'scary' killers as long as your Kingderguardian brigade of Survivors has a good time, right.

Dead by Daylight will never change and will always be just a shallow husk of the idea of an actual asymmetrical horror game, balanced as if it were a goddamned Mario party game.

Comments

• IshinSolarc
    IshinSolarc Member Posts: 114

Use Mori, easiest way to get that challenge done, hook everyone 1 time and kill them on the floor, you still get iridescent in devotion.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

huh, really?

This challenge SUCKS if you don't and tend to not use slow down perks.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2020

Both this and the kill 10 Obsessions challenge are terrible ideas and are much, much harder than they sound. This challenge used to be harder because of a bug preventing you from getting hooks (it’s fixed now).

That won’t work. For Iridescent Devout you need at least nine hooks and a 4K. With this method you’ll only get four hooks. If you want to get Iridescent Devout with a Mori, then you have to two hook everyone and sacrifice at least one Survivor for the ninth hook. However that situation means that you didn’t need your Mori and just wasted it.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited September 2020

what does the emblem system and the archive have to do with the game's balance, it's literally meaningless.

• arcnkd

Because the emblem system affects leveling; which is game design - and I didn't say balance, I mentioned biased game design. The emblem system is ten kinds of ######### up, rewarding not playing your objective to the maximum effectiveness and instead ######### around the entire match so Survivors "can have fun".

• arcnkd

And balance also includes ease of each side performing the same 'features', the emblems.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

What? How did you get all that from “earn 3 devout emblems of iridescent quality”?

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
    edited September 2020

How in the ######### is a completely optional challenge proof of "devs being too survivor sided", I agree with you on the iri challenges being boring slogs, but not on the rest of it. Seriously, survivors have the same kind of challenges, and they're just as tedious (seriously that "unhook a survivor who unhooked you" one can blow me). This honestly just seems like a bad bait post, and if that's the case, well done sir you have baited yet another fish into this terrible argument.

• sleepopeepo
    sleepopeepo Member Posts: 13

no, just with this single challenge i am absolutely certain that the devs are killer-sided. This is what the Killers want - survivors crouching and forced to do nothing to give killers all the time they need to kill and have no gens being done.

do u realize how dumb that sounds?? not everyone is out there trying to get you. 3 iri devout emblems arent even hard to get. stop getting so pressed over a challenge.

• arcnkd

Obtaining Iri on Survivor emblems - the equivalent for this task being Benevolent - is a breeze compared to the Devout. Survivors can max out Benev just by unhooking, hiding and healing one another, or even having other Survivors unhook the hooked Survivors. Killers can only gain Iri Devout by intentionally letting their sacrifices get unhooked and hooking a minimum of nine times and getting a 4-kill. Survivors can get benev Iri and still lose (I've done it at least twice now myself).

And it is because it is just one of many parts of the game that favor Survivor - not because it is the 'end all be all' swing in the Survivors favor. Yes, some of the Survivor challenges are tedious and just as stupid - but that doesn't stop or prevent the fact that several of the Survivors' challenges as well as basic gameplay design is far simpler and less tedious or stressful than Killer challenges/gameplay design.

• arcnkd

That is one of the small handful of Survivor challenges that are completely stupid. The fact the nearly everyone in this game just sucks off the Devs and shrugs their shoulders at imbalances because they happen to release something every now and then on the opposite side to make it seem like they care about both ends is ridiculous - but very telling on how BHVR continues to get away with this crap over and over and over.

It's not just in this game, it's the industry as a whole - players just shrug their shoulders and accept whatever the Devs of a game does, which sends the message to the Devs that 'well the players must like this so let's repeat it'.

All of these extremely specialized "challenges" are just stupid, pathetic attempts to draw players into playing more. Instead of being a pool of rational, generalized challenges that you can do with any character (instead of characters you either have to pay to unlock or grind and grind for shards to unlock); they design specialized challenges to force a specific playstyle to get them done -- and overwhelmingly, the Survivor's challenges are far easier to accomplish than killer challenges. Part of it has to do with Survivors having alternative actions to generator repair (totems, chases, etc.); but when it comes to killers they have to add additional "challenges" on top of the killers' activities of chasing, downing, hooking, and killing.

BHVR gets it right with the "earn X bp", "break X gens/pallets", "chase/hook X survivors", "complete X generators", "cleanse X totems" and similar challenges. Even the "Earn X emblems of Gold-tier" are acceptable because they are generalized and accept any emblem as progress.

The specialized challenges are the ones at fault here and more times than not, they favor Survivors getting them done with less issue.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020

Not sure if this is helpful, but yes, I just ran Mori 3 games straight on my best killer. Hook everyone once, then kill them. Slug on the 3rd survivor while finding the 4th. That way, they won't get hatch unless they have key.

Just don't apologize after - it's condescending. Just do what you need to do and if you still feel guilty about it, well, you got "Break 40 pallets and generators" down that line. Play your worst killer, run Blood Point perks, slot add-ons that cripple the power for more blood points and have a few chill games, paying it back to survivors, going only for gens and pallets.

Let them do a Teabag Boogy at the end gate - I just kept raising my saw and dancing along with them.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

just face it the challenge every tome messed up on both side want us to be the most toxic useless player in the game.