The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

You guys pick on the DEVS way too much

Babyyy_Boyy
Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

Seriously, ever since the notes on the upcoming update were released all I see is negative comments towards the devs and the game itself from the Forums to YouTubers thoughts about the update. There’s even a thread making fun of Almo for not answering a comment directed at him. For the amount of complaining and negativity that people give to this game and to the devs, people still play it. At the end of the day if it’s really an issue or if it bothers you that much then don’t play the video game simple as that. Let the devs do their job please. At the moment since the update is focusing on Pyramid Head and pop, all of the killer mains are upset. This is just a tip of advice for both roles, when something doesn’t go YOUR way, don’t lash out at the devs or anyone for that matter and let them do their job. You wouldn’t like it if you were working and someone lashed out at you for trying to do your job or tell you how to do your job. That’s all.

Comments

• Babyyy_Boyy

Let’s be real. Have you ever seen a complaint that called out the “Live Balancing Team”? Cause I haven’t. It’s always directed at the Devs and it makes sense at the same time why it’s directed at them. They’re a whole, they’re 1 company, a Team. In real life when someone complains about a store or a restaurant etc. they direct the entire company or the building, not certain sections or departments. Everything else I agree with. The game is getting stale at the moment.

• Babyyy_Boyy

yup agree with you 100%. Everyone wants their way and wants to be spoon fed and if something doesn’t go their way they yell at mom and dad. (In this case, BHVR)

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

If I don't get chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast tomorrow I'm gonna throw a tantrum

• Babyyy_Boyy

Well to be fair, the Devs even said themselves that it was a lose/lose situation for the survivors when Pyramid Head fakes his power and that’s something the vast majority agreed on as well. As for the posts complaining about OOO and SWF and what not, you have to accept the fact that the devs don’t find a problem with it because it would have obviously been looked at a long time ago and fixed. Yes that is going to upset people but in all fairness, Nobody should be punished for playing with friends. Lots of games have that feature.

• Babyyy_Boyy

Honestly, I couldn’t have said it any better myself. Facts. I got the game because I wasn’t sure if I wanted Friday the 13th or DBD. I just wanted a horror game you know? And then I saw lots of cool gameplay vids on YouTube and tutorials and I’ve adapted.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

What else am I supposed to do with my life?

• Babyyy_Boyy
    edited September 2020

You must have misunderstood... I never said “removing OOO punishes SWF” please go back and read. I said “Nobody should be punished for playing with friends.” You probably got confused because I also said that “you have to accept the fact that the devs don’t have a problem with it because it would have obviously been fixed along time ago”.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Honestly, the devs bring it on themselves. Like pop, the reason they gave for nerfing it is the exact same complaint about ds, but they dont nerf it.

Old ruin and doc is another one, only talking about survivor fun. Feels like an insult to half of the community.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

"OoO abuse (with) swf"  i think you missed the "with" when i mentioned OoO as that is why people complain about it otherwise nobody would care.

I don't agree with nerfing swf, they need to make solo survivors boosted and then balance killers to cope with the outcome.

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

Yeah personally I like friday better since I can make both sides happy when I'm counselor, I beat Jason's ass for fun and he gets to kill me win/win. But in this game no one cares about fun it seems. And I'm getting tired of seeing blendettes, I literally have a power that makes you glow and you still tryna hide

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Most of it is criticism on how to improve the game. Sometimes it goes too far however.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

They have never been constructive since I've been in here.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Yes. Sometimes. Not everytime someone says something about the dev's they're attacking them lol.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

TBF if solos were buffed to be at swf level, which they should do that imo, OoO would still be broken, it needs to change.

• PigMainClaudette

I would have said "more often than not", but yeah. I get what you mean.

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

DBD is more popular than ever based on steam stats so they are doing something right.

That being said, do you really expect more from a group of people that are trying to rant and look for confirmation bias?

• PigMainClaudette

I get that and I do also have my criticisms with companies like Games Workshop, but I don't belittle every employee who talks to anyone. Games Workshop are deliberately trying to screw people out of their money, where as bHVR are trying to balance two separate games competing against each other at the same time and dealing with the most entitled community I have ever seen.

That and I've been where Almo is right now. It feels horrible, and I never wish it for anyone. I'm just trying to be the support and helping hand I wish I had when I needed it.

I don't expect you, or anyone, to understand. It's not about the company or their decisions. It's about the people behind them that we're dealing with and how we go about them.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

Was this written by a first grader? The forums are made for this very purpose, I don't agree with everything said here but like me everyone here is a paying customer. I'm pretty sure the developers don't need you kissing their ass. They're adults, they could handle criticism and right now this is a pretty controversial change.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

The Clown comment has forever put the balance team in the "Yeah, uhh, can we get someone else?" category for me.

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

He doesn't mean critique, he means when like in the last situation with almo, the forums started clowning on him

• LuffyBlack

The FTP mechanics are the worse. The game should be free. I was amazed the fanbase even went along with it when they introduced a battle pass. I have completely moved on, I have only been playing lately because I met a cool group that wanted to run some games. But who needs damage control when you have corporate bootlickers like the person you were responding to.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited September 2020

👆🏽This is where all the upvotes belong👆🏽

Wake-up awesome DBD community an show each other some love 🧡 my goodness.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • LuffyBlack
    edited September 2020

I don't agree with the decisions they make, but that rubbed me the wrong way also. That was super abelist and as someone who went through the same thing, that was uncool

• LuffyBlack

I honestly don't think these people care. Anytime a drastic and controversial change is made((usually toward killers)) some hero makes a post to guilt trip people into not being annoyed. I fail to see who this helps, certainly not the developers.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I'm glad to see more people recognize that the devs get way too much ######### from the community. I'm baffled they haven't just abandoned the game altogether and moved on to better things.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The main problem is the near-lack of communication and absolutely glacial response time. After 4 months, PH is finally getting his broken toy fixed. And we're supposed to be grateful? It's a live game and it's taken how long? And we keep telling each other that it's a good response time? That... That really is not okay. Not just that it's taken this long, but that many of us were acceptant that is wasn't going to happen EVER.

Yeah. Call me a Dev basher. Maybe people would complain less if they felt the team was more involved with the community and actually gave a damn. It doesn't help that every time they reply to a post they never follow up for fear of getting hurt or inflaming a situation by not applying the critical thinking required to be a developer to criticism and complaints.

• PlayerLUE
    PlayerLUE Member Posts: 38

The frustration player's feel is not born out of nowhere, is consequence of the game not fullfiling their expectations.

Setting a higher bar for player expectation fullfillment would be a good place to start by BE. Many of the DBD features don't feel like that bar is currently at a high height to be honest:

• Ranking system reset pairing pros with noobs
    • Build system with lots of combinatorial posibilities but somehow ending up bringing up a repetitive gameplay environment
    • Found OP strategy -> Nerf -> new OP mechanic implementation cycle
    • Season passes that to be completed you need to expend unhealthy amounts of time

Notice how all of the mentioned points have been plaguing the online game industry for a while. They always bring up frustration.

So why bringing them up again?

It's not all on devs, as we have the responsability of stopping supporting these games over and over, but they are not innocent either.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

I just feel like people don’t understand how they push stuff to live. Odds are they had those perk changes finalized a while back but only were able to include them in this update. Dunno just really tired

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

The community managers take way too much of the flak when they aren't even responsible for changes. Like if the balance team decide that clown's bottle throw being ranged means he should be a 110 speed it's the CM's job to come here and explain that this is a very sensible and not idiotic change, but it's not their doing. Probably why you don't see them around here much now.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544

The devs come off as smug while discussing changes, they change things that no one really complains about, and they tend to ignore things that players say that spend twice as much time playing the game as the devs do developing it.

If it was just ignorance it would be excusable, but considering the pattern of this behavior, it's quite intentional. The most glaring issue is that they don't seem to learn from their mistakes, especially when it comes to communicating things to the community. The fact that they haven't specifically hired a PR team to manage information and communication to the community after 4 years of this is nothing short of miraculous, and it is part of why I say that what they do is intentional.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

I agree that alot of the hate and abuse thrown at the devs is completely over the top and unacceptable. It sums up this community alot of the time which is really saddening.

But at the same time, some of the decisions that they make can honestly be so frustrating to deal with, especially when they give very a limited response to why they made those decisions. The lack of communication can also just make it feel so much worse.

Now I'm not saying this justifies any insults hurled at the devs because nothing justifies doing that, but there have been numerous amount of patches and changes in the last 4 years that have literally made say aloud "What?! Why the hell have they done that!?" And for them to either not say anything about it or give a very unusual reason just kills alot of motivation to keep playing.

This discussion has been closed.