Name a DLC that you think no one will expect but will still be amazing

I would say a CreepyPasta DLC like Slenderman since can't go wrong with a classic nightmare that people remembered when it was a trend back in the Golden days of Creepypasta.

Or maybe something tad Generic but lot of possibilities like a Scarecrow cause you know lots of crows, a corn field map, and can't go wrong with a soul harvest for the entity.

Last idea would be The Headless Horseman because its a real horror classic......too bad no one uses him anymore in the media.

Those are my thoughts so name a DLC yourself that no one will expect but will still be amazing.

Comments

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

A Borrowing killer, where their main thing is putting holes and being able to move freely within them, meaning they can turn around and go into any hoe that is connected to the tunnel they are in. However they have a slowdown where if you get hit/bit you get into a state where you have 90 seconds to go to a science desk(4 spawn on each map) and use a syringe. You need to use 3 syringes to get the full dosage and the process of using a syringe take 15 seconds because 10 to find the syringe on the table and 5 to use it.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

A literal Werewolf.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Bubbahotep... Then Bruce Campbell could voice another survivor.

Map could be the nursing home or elvis's house...

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

The Sesame Street chapter.

New killer The Puppet.

New map 123 Sesame.

Survivor Jim Henson.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

have DR. Richtofin (can't spell the guys name) as the killer

then either of the others as a survivor

IDK about perks or powers but it would be interesting to say the least

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

This is typically my go to answer anytime this question gets brought up because it's obscure but it would be really fun.

Todd and the book of pure evil chapter.

The killer: The Phantom-

Real name- Charlotte

Her weapon- could be her Dagger or Curved knife

Her power- could focus around her blow dart or her singing capabilities.

The Survivor- Hannah B Williams

They would have a connection with their rivalry.

If you watch the show with the effects of the book it wouldn't be too hard for both Charlotte and Hannah to just see the entity as an extension of it.

Charlotte really doesn't have a problem with killing if it suits her goals so just imply that The Entity is allowing her to take revenge on Hannah as long as she plays the trials correctly.

If they could suggest anything else it would probably be a solo chapter with Chanel oberlin from scream Queens

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Mine would be a map altering killer based off of a combination of Terraria's corruption and crimson.

Imagine corruption/crimson thorns and teeth coming out of the ground hindering survivors who try to loop in corrupted areas by either spawning slowing corruption thorns or making killer only doors out of the crimson teeth that block off normal paths for survivors but not for the killer.

Also the survivor would be the mechanic because she has been kidnapped by the eldritch once before and the dryad is already in a different crossover.

Also one of the rules the devs have stated for survivors is that they'd need to be familiar with modern technology so the mechanic makes the most sense.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'd actually have Rictofen as the survivor. One of those people who only thinks for himself and have the perks reflect it.

Panzer Soldat as the killer. I don't care that his arm is mechanically like the Deathslingers weapon just let him keep it. Then also keep the flamethrower since it would be pretty cool.

• RaSavage42

I haven't played Zombie's since BO2 and a bit in BO3

What map does Panzer Soldet appear on?

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    edited September 2020

DUDE upvote for you, the moment I saw that game I was thinking how cool it COULD be in dbd, if the devs were a bit more capable (no offense).

Like imagine a killer flesh blob walking around and those fleshtendrils attached to everyting it walked towards, imagine being a survivor and see those tendrils flying through a window grabbing walls etc, that could be amazing.

On a technical level it would be similair to how the tripod walker was done in UT3, where bascially you just control this floating body but the illusion is that its walking on those 3 organic legs that just attach to buildings etc.

I would love Carrion for a chapter.

Also, my personal expectation for the 4th year anniversary, considering the visuals and the wording, was that the killer of that chapter would be just....darkness, an ancient inbedded fear of mankind.

Imagine just this dark cloud moving through the level, no terror radius but instead you would notice a subtle build up of fog around you when its coming near, maybe to make it clear its almost upon you all sound would slowly vanish.

Obviously for a great effect the fog in this game would need a big visual upgrade....which it could do with anyway....I mean heck I remember the physics based fog in Batman Arkham Asylum form like 2009 which was UE3 based being a LOT more impressive than we have in UE4 DBD in 2020.

• Rhe2veja
    Rhe2veja Member Posts: 63

Little nightmares

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Bloodborne.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Origins on Bo2. Der Eisendrache and Revelations on Bo3.

• RaSavage42
    edited September 2020

Yea... I didn't play those @CashelP14

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

So, I think a "Repo! The Genetic Opera" season would be awesome. Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

New map: graveyard

Killer: Repo-Man

Weapon: long handled double ended scalpel?

Height: tall

Base Speed: 4.6 meters/second

Terror Radius: 24 meters

Mori: he removes the liver of the survivor

Power: Legal Assassin - all survivors get a "missed payment" token every 45 seconds they aren't repairing a generator, being healed, or healing another survivor (self-healing does not apply). You must do one of those actions for at least 2 seconds to reset the countdown. Tokens are maxed at 3. Survivors repair speed is slowed by 3% for each token they have. When the exit gates are open, survivors with 3 tokens are hindered. When A survivor is hit or finishes repairing a generator by themself, it removes one token. All Tokens can be cleansed by entering a dying state or alt-searching a chest, using up the item in their hand upon completion. If there is no item in their hand, the alt-search uses up the item in the chest

Toggle ability - surgeons eyes: Killer and/or survivors get various status effects when the killer is looking at a survivor within 32 meters while surgeons eye is activated, based on the number of tokens they have. Turning off surgeons eyes slows the killer by 50% for 2 seconds. You can not use Surgeons eyes while carrying a survivor. Surgeons eyes effects persist for 2 seconds after line of sight is blocked.

0 tokens: killer moves 50% slower

1+ token: killer moves 4.4 meters/second and his terror radius is reduced to 16 meters

2+ tokens: survivor is afflicted with aura blindness, exhausted (if they aren't already), and hemmorage (if injured).

3 tokens: If the killer has bloodlust, he can see the aura of survivors (this does count them as being "seen" by surgeons eye, but not for the purpose of maintaining bloodlust.) if he does not have bloodlust, survivors being affected by surgeons eyes are afflicted with oblivious.

Perks:

-Let the monster rise: if a survivor vaults or drops a pallet within 8/12/16 meters of you, you get a rage token. Once you have 6 rage tokens, you can break pallets/doors/generators and vault 40%/50%/60% faster for 30 seconds. You lose all rage tokens 5 seconds after the chase ends. This has a 90 second cooldown

-Thankless Job: while carrying a survivor, you move 6%/8%/10% faster if another survivor is within your terror radius. You can see the aura of any survivors that leaves your terror radius until they re-enter your terror radius, or 0/1/2 seconds after you drop or hook the survivor

-Night Surgeon: When hooking a survivor, any survivors within your terror radius scream and are hindered for 10/20/30 seconds

Killer notes: I could see monitor and abuse being a staple for this killer. Survivors are going to be constantly trying to break the line of sight in chases to get their exhausted type abilities back

Survivor 1: GraveRobber

Perks:

-Anatomy: when you fail a skillcheck on another survivor while you are injured, you are both instantly healed, but the killer can see your aura and you both suffer from the exposed status effect for 15 seconds.

-Things You See... When another survivor is put into a dying state within 12/16/20 meters of you, you gain iron will, urban evasion, quick and quiet, and can not scream for 15/20/25 seconds.

-Sub-Market: when any survivor is getting items out of the basement chests while you are in the basement, the item is automatically ultra-rare with rare/very-rare/ultra-rare add ons. The killer gets a loud noise event at the basement entrance 1/2/3 seconds after that item leaves the basement.

Survivor 2: Shilo Wallace

Perks:

-Sympathetic killer: when a killer carries a survivor, they move 6%/8%/10% slower if you or another survivor is within his terror radius. When you or another survivor leaves the killers terror radius while he is carrying a survivor, you/they heal, sabotage, and repair generators 15% faster until 4/6/8 seconds after the survivor is hooked or dropped

-Blood Condition: when injured, you bleed slightly more frequently (stacks with sloppy butcher). If you preform a fast vault or leave a locker in a sprint, you stop bleeding and your moans of pain are silenced 6/8/10 seconds. This can not be done again until you are fully healed.

-Genetics: if the killer is able to see the aura of another survivor within 24/32/40 meters of you, so can you. The aura is blue instead of red and stands out even if they are not behind an object.

I would live to hear the communities thoughts on this season idea. If you feel anything is unbalanced, im happy to discuss the best changes for it.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Do you have any images? I tried looking these people up but I'm not getting any results.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I would not be expecting more of a classical or civil war theme chapter

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

It's not an image but this is the Prologue for the episode Charlotte appears in.

If you want extra information she starts killing people in the musical with a poison blow dart.

She does come back in another episode.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889
    edited September 2020

3 chapters:

JUNGLE CHAPTER

• maybe an aztec/ mayan/ incan themed killer, who has to drink different potions that are lying around the map on shrines (like Plagues) to buff/de-buff things (faster walking for 60 seconds, 50% repair speed malus, exposed status effect for 60 seconds).
    • survivor could be some latin/ south american guy or girl, there aren't any in the game except for Jane.
    • 2 new maps, one that is kinda like shelter woods but in a jungle, then another one with an aztec temple in the middle (like chichen itza)

RESIDENT EVIL CHAPTER

• well any Tyrant from the game could be the killer, preferably one of the first 3 like Nemesis or Birkin
    • survivor could be Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy
    • map could be the Mansion from the first RE, the Racoon City Police Station from the second/ third RE, or some kind of Umbrella Laboratory

UFO / ALIEN CONSPIRACY CHAPTER

• well, the killer would be an alien but not in the "Alien" franchise way from Ridley Scott (no Slasher) but more in the typical, spooky grey-ish alien way from The X-Files.
    • survivor could be some government or FBI/ CIA agent or some conspiracy theorist lol
    • map would be Area 51, a secret facility with an UFO hangar and a laboratory with Alien corpses from Roswell
  • Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. His powers could have something to do with Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies and getting a Devour Hope type thing where each time a survivor is unhooked and he's far enough away, like say 40 meters, he gets a slight buff like a 3% movement increase or a 5% greater lunge distance or faster vault speed or something. Although I feel that if he got 7 or 8 tokens all survivors would be exposed or something like that. His perks could be Hex:Unforgiving, the survivor that has done the most gens has a decreased speed of 2%/3%/4%, this Hex lights up 2 Hex totems. Hiding in Plain Sight, 1/2/3 of your Hex totems are consealed as Dull totems but removes your ability to see their auras. Pirellis's Chest, gives survivors a higher chance of getting a brown or yellow item from chests by 50%/60%/70%. As you can tell I've been thinking about this ALOT.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I feel like many people are just sleeping on paragraphs in general, some series simply don't need an entire chapter and bringing them in without taking as much development time would be a great way to offset they're more obscure nature.

I also feel contractually obligated to mention SCP where it applies so there ya go.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

Holy moly this thread blew up real fast and is the most commented thread I ever made XD.

Also tons of you guys that listed DLC ideas are awesome and some are really detailed enough to be ingame.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

Yeah true but some are really detailed which I can see ingame, Also I know SCP but I feel like they would do a 3 killer chapter due to the amount of great SCPs

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

In The Mouth of Madness.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Seems cool I could imagine survivor A just sitting on a gen then gets a dart in their neck

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Tickle-Me-Elmo...can you imagine that laughing gyrating thing coming closer and closer....😨😱

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Yeah thats fair, some would feel a little empty without a full chapter. I think they could manage to fit the majority of the more popular SCPs into one killer.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    edited September 2020

When it comes to licensed content there’s just SO MUCH I would want in the game if I where to sit here and list them I’d be here for a good 5 minutes I’d say just listing licensed content I’d want.

For a original though, I’d like another infection type of killer that could actually transform another survivor into one of their monster minions.

Post edited by Cornpopers_Evan on
  • Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Hotline miami chapter

• Rollback_
    Rollback_ Member Posts: 1

I think alien or predator would be rad killers then u could have like ripley and Arnold be the survivors. they could have a whole alien vs predator chapter where we get 2 killers and 2 survivors. idk about u but id play the ######### out of arnold schwarzenegger if he was added just imagine.

• Chloan
    Chloan Member Posts: 91

Skaven Plague Monk from Warhammer FB.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

DEMONS with TONY THE PIMP, because it would actually inspire people to check out the greatest horror movie character OF.ALL.TIME.

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368

Fatal frame.

• Marcuticus
    Marcuticus Member Posts: 10

Silent Hill 4: The Room would make a fun DLC.

For a start, it could very well be like the "Stranger Things" chapter; having one Killer (Walter Sullivan) and two Survivors (Henry Townsend, Eileen Galvin).

For a map, the apartment block where Henry is captured would make a good setting, whereby it focuses more on the verticle than the horizontal.

Walter - like Pyramid Head - could have more than one power, but to beat Walter people need to focus on healing. One a final hook, Walter could do a mini-mori (some proceedure like Pyramid Head's power would be needed to achieve this), but then the killed survivor could turn into a "victim" and controlled by Walter to stalk other Survivors. Maybe Walter can summon victims for a small period of time, but with an actual Survivor their presence would be permanent.

• LunaWater
    LunaWater Member Posts: 42

Tremors. Those movies can be so fun and it'd be fun digging underground to yoink survivors.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Projekt Firestart-Chapter

Killer: The Creature

Survivor: Jon Hawking

Map: Prometheus

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Dead Space would be pretty interesting. Although, a Survivor walking around in a Rig would look very out of place. Luckily, there are other outfit options for Isaac. A Necromorph killer would be gory and disturbing.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

A valorant chapter 😉

before anyone @'s me, this is a chapter that was asking me 'no one would expect' you definitely wouldn't expect a game like Valorant to appear in Dead by Daylight.

Brimstone as a killer, Sage as a survivor, the VALORANT chapter.

just a fan made concept :)

• AnarKaos
    AnarKaos Member Posts: 28

My son and I have a Headless Horseman killer almost completely fleshed out. Without getting too in depth his power works one of two ways. If you hit a survivor they gained oblivious for a set period and it took the same time for your head to respawning. The second you could toss it somewhere and it worked sort of like a security camera (the red stain stays with the body...unless a specific add on is used) with a sort of little pop up window. The red add ons would be chained to the head. The one previously mentioned would allow you to temporarily move the head but has the drawback of the red stain being tied to the head; the other would disguise the head as a totem and the stain would be tied to the body even if the other red add on were used).

As for a licensed chapter I'd love to see a Cabal/Nightbreed chapter. The map would be a bit different with the "basement" being the cemetery Mideon is hidden beneath and the map would be two levels with the first (connected to the cemetery/basement) being a smaller tunnel like area and a more open but still enclosed larger area beneath that.

The other twist would be the killer's perks and power operate a bit more like a survivor's. Basically though when he power isn't active aura perks show him as a survivor, when active he dons his mask and then registers as a killer.

The survivor would be Boone/Cabal. Explaining his abilities/perks kind of is spoilerish for the book and/or movie so I won't go there for now.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

The dark tower.