Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Losing Rank Progress Because My Team DCs

I play as survivor only, and I've only been playing a few months.

I never DC myself, as I'd rather lose the rank then rudely abandon everyone but it seems that every single teammate I have had recently thinks otherwise.

Downed once? DC.

Being chased? DC.

On a hook for the first time? DC.

Someone else DC'd? DC.

I honestly lose an average of 1.5 teammates per game. I've had 2 games in the past 3 days where all of my teammates DC, leaving me to try and find the hatch. I've been in more matches where someone DCs than ones where nobody does.

Honestly I think we shouldn't have our ranking negatively affected by a player (or 3) disconnecting. I think the optimal fix would be: for every player who DCs, the amount you need to do (as a survivor) for an iridium/gold/silver/bronze medal is multiplied by a fraction.

So like, for iridium lightbringer you need to complete 3 generators. For every person DC'd it would be a certain percent less. Let's say we take off 1/4 of the requirements for every survivor gone becauase they disconnected. If 2 people abandon me and another right as the match starts (has happened) then I only need to complete 2 for an iridium lightbringer medal. This will also help counteract the inevitably low quality survival medal.

The killer's medals probably wouldn't need adjusting since it will be easier to sacrifice us all, but slightly harder to find us (or not idk I don't play killer)

Comments