The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ping system to make the solo experince slightly better

Axe
Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Hold a certain bind like Z will bring up a small crosshair letting go off Z while looking at a certain item or object will ping it to any survivors that are within a 14 meter range. They will hear a ping sound and see what you pinged like a generator or an item. You cannot ping the killer or their current location. Perks like open handed will not stack the ping range.

Ping got a cooldown of 10 seconds (to avoid spamming)

The following can get pinged:

Items

Generators

Pallets

Windows

Lockers

Totems (Hex and dull will have the same icon)

Chest

Hooks

Survivors

Survivors who are in the dying state

Survivors who are on a hook

You cannot ping:

Bear Traps

Pig boxes

Freddy dream snares

Hag traps

Pretty much any killer or power in general cant be pinged, the only expections for this could maybe be an already visible Demo portal and Plauge fountains so you can in a way alert your team you are gonna cleanse

If you suffer the blindness status effect you can still hear the ping sound, its however non-directional but you wont see the ping

So perks like knockout dont have any hard counters to it.

It would be nice to see perk presets, ping system, outfit preset and more QOL changes to improve the gameplay for everyone, but this is just an idea after all and I think we all can agree for now the devs should just focus on bugs and the current balance issues we got in this game.

Hopefully in the future we get something similar to my idea just to improve the solo que experience a little bit more.

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,897

I like the idea behind this, I do think it's something that could be useful and give a little buff to solo players to help with their QoL in game.

• PlayerLUE
    PlayerLUE Member Posts: 38

I was beginning to write the issues with something like this being implemented to suddenly realize that there are too many...

The most important one would be that you both are portraying this as a "solo player improvement" but is rather an overall survivor side improvement.

There's a good point behind the suggestion, which if i'm not mistaken falls into lines of improving non voice communication features between survivors, i just feel that it was not thought enough to bring it up as a coherent one.