We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Why does it take 4 years..

xEa
xEa Member Posts: 4,105
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

.. and ongoing to nerf the most platenly obvious broken thing since the old BNP (those where you could instantly repair a gen). I mean it, devs, whats so difficult about it?

They got rid of the OP Brand New Parts within a few months, but after 4 years the killer sided equivalent of the same ######### is still in the game.

I am honestly sick an tired of killer who run ebony mori. Bring a Nurse, Spirit, PH, get a hook, tunnel off the hook so its instant 3v1. GG. How is that fair? WHY are there things in the game that gives one side more or less a free win?

And dont come up with Keys. Yes, they are op too, but not nearly as bad as Mori.

Just make it cosmetic style after 2nd hook. Why should there be an offering, that gives you a massive advantage? It makes no sense.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• xEa

Oh and by the way, this is not a rhetorical question. Can we get an answer to this @Peanits @Almo @not_Queen ? Cant you decide within 4 years what to do with a gamebreaking offering? Dont you agree that it is gamebreaking?

Thank you.

• xEa

Yes i know that, and BNP also got nerfed like 3 times, which was always reasonable. So i am wondering, why not Mori, For sure they can not think they are ballanced the slightest. If there would be any issues that are worse then Mori, i could understand, but beside bugs, there are not any.

• xEa

Thanks for this constructive argument musefan. What makes you think moris are fine?

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345

I am not saying I like them, I just don't care that they exist.

In the end, unless somebody has a trophy or challenge to get, moris are used by toxic players who want to annoy others (and it obviously works).

However, take moris away and you will still have those same toxic players. They will still tunnel/camp you because they have no interest in a fair game. So you will still be on the forums complaining about those toxic people. It will just be a different thing you complain about.

And lets be honest, survivors have plenty of equivalent options to end games fast at the expense of the killers fun. They are just as toxic too.

The problem isn't moris, the problem is with getting matched up with ######### toxic players that just want to take their "bad mood" out on someone to help them feel better.

That's just one of the downsides of online gaming unfortunately.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

Lets not forget morris didnt require hooks while instabnp was a thing

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

I actually wish the Mori were more graphic in this mature rated game. Mortal Kombat Fatality style. Most of them look pretty lame since you're not seeing a lot of blood or dismemberment or anything. It's just usually a lil' beatin' & then a corpse laying there lookin' like they're just sleeping.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Some are brutal enough imo. Bubba, Oni, Slinger come to mind. I agree though that the corpses of the Moried Survivors should be far more mangled and mutilated.

• musefan

Yes. But they do. A survey about moris and keys went out not so long ago. We dont know the resilts

The problem is that people have no patience and expect everything to be done the second they rage about it.

And before anybody says it... moris may have been around for 4+ years, but that doesn't mean there has been reasonable justification to change them for 4 years. So it isn't a case of "its taken 4 years to fix".

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

The problem is that we just dont get to test nearly enough.

The devs should take themselves more out of the equation and allow for more frequent PTB's to just let us test the many many suggestions made of the years of this game.

Honestly many of the glaring issues were fixed by the community for a while now....although fixed as far as we know, but we never got to test them out for real and they were never implemented either.

Freddy instead of letting us keep what we bought was completely changed when so many did simple suggestions to buff him a bit.

idk what the problem is either, probably "hard to do" and "tough to code" and "sure but that would require work and some effort".

• xEa
    edited October 2020

Why dont you care about inballanced stuff? Ballance is a big part of probably everyones fun in the game, no matter on which side you play. You are either new to the game or one of the really rare persons who enjoy getting tunneled out of the game super quick. No matter what it is, why should then you opinion berelevant on a topic like this? You dont care anyway, so... ?

Also in general, you arguement that i should stop playing the game because i dont like Mori is just silly, but i am not in the mood to explain you why i dont leave my wife just because she has 1-2 flaws (yet i have the right to tell her and hope she makes it better soon)

Yes, Moris are used by toxic players. Unfortunatly, more then half of my games i face are appently against Moris. Its so easy to get Moris, in almost every 2nd bloodweb i get a green or red one.

I dont care if survivors have "equivalent" options, its about moris. But so that i have said it: NO there are not any. A key is not equivalent, neither is any perk or survivor offering.

"The problem isnt moris but the people" ... sooo you suggestion is what? Change the poeple and leave Moris?

The problem is that people have no patience and expect everything to be done the second they rage about it.

4 YEARS is all what i say.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Moris were already nerfed during those 4 years, as someone else pointed out. Regardless, wait for the results of the survey. If the majority agrees with you, the devs will probably nerf them again.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

You don't even know that moris have been changed do you? Also you should maybe understand that other people have diffrent priorities also next time use the search function, we litteraly had a discussion about this yesterday or so. By the way as survivor you still have a chance to make it out of the game even when a mori played and being tunneled. In addition to that they said they are working on it or something like that, so be a big boy and be patient.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

same can be said for key that have been really unchanged since day one, moris has been change once and will soon be a memory with keys, be patient

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Mori did get nerf before they never required a hook it was legitimately right after you down someone they're pretty much dead.

They got adjusted and they're probably going to get it just it again which is completely reasonable but it's a bit unfair to act like the problem has never been addressed not even once

• xEa

Really, did the devs mentioned anywhere they will fix moris? Maybe i missed that, so if thats the case, then this thread can be closed. Would you be so kind and post a link?

• xEa

Yes, we know that they were like that, but just they were even more broken then they are right now, does not explain why they are still in the game.

• Volfawott

I get they're a frustrating element in the game I'm just saying when you act like not a single thing has been done about it from the beginning it makes your point seem a little bit disingenuous.

• xEa
  • xEa

They got nerfed, so? What would that do?

How is this not obvious that Moris are the most op thing in the game? Why do we need a survey for that? Isnt that extremly obvious?

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Am I the only survivor main who is perfectly fine w today's ebony mori?

• xEa

Yes you are the only one. But hey, wait until you are out of your rank 15-20 region... when you see it almost every game, you might change your opinion.

• Volfawott

Did you actually read my post or are you just speaking out of hot-button anger.

Never once did I state that you are wrong for wanting them to be nerfed. All I said was you come across as very disingenuous when you act like moris have never been touched.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Sorry I can not, I do not even remember whether it was a screenshot a stream I saw, cause I don't have them high on my priorities. I just got used to the bs of both sides. Thus didn't really pay that much attention, sorry.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,014

They said it on the Forums that both Moris and Keys are looked at.

And in their most recent Q&A they said that there will be changes to them, but no ETA yet and it might not even happen in the same Patch (aka, if Moris get nerfed but Keys not in the same patch, the forum will be full of tears again).

• xEa

I read it and i understand what you mean. I am also not angry by any means, but it is annoying that they need years to fix something that obvious. And it is indeed furstrating to see that they even need a survey to MAYBE fix Moris. I mean come on ######### is there really any living soul out there who thinks mori are ballanced?

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

They already said they are working on a fix for moris, chill.

• Corikstarr
    Corikstarr Member Posts: 23

I wouldn't call Moris the BNP equivalent, a closer comparison would be the key. Both end the game directly rather than BNP simply speeding it up. So I would not say they nerfed the mori equivalent.

• power270lb
    power270lb Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2020

I've been playing for about a year and I've been mori'd after first hook twice. I play both survivor and killer. If they nerf ebony moris the way you want then SWF comms need to be disabled. Out of all the complaints I read that and the toxicity that a lot of survivors seem to bring into every game means ebony moris should still be a choice.

Most killers I've played against and have spoken to only Mori toxic survivors. I've been in tons of games where I was the only one not mori'd and I'll message after and ask why. It's always "you weren't toxic bro" yet whenever I decide to give killer a chance it's the same teabag, flashlight, lure me into multiple head ons that after 4 games I go back to solo on survivor.

I've never seen a community complain this much about practically everything it's like do you even enjoy the game? You get mori'd after first hook, hypothetically 7 minutes say go by. With cross play u get games immediately. It's a game, you're that mad you didn't escape? I'm not the best survivor in the world and tunneling can be annoying but the toxic behavior is the biggest plague I've seen in this community and the biggest issue imo. I read these posts every day of people quitting.

I don't get why people just can't play without being miserable at home. This is my first time ever bothering to comment. It'll never be enough for some of yous. Nerf ebony, nerf hex undying even tho detectives hunch and maps counter it and I'm at 99 games for survivor for every 1 game of killer. Nerf iridescent shards, nerf nurse, nerf spirit, nerf ph, nerf all killer aura reading abilities, nerf noed. It'll never be enough.

• xEa
    edited October 2020

Honestly after that "twice" statement, i should not even bother answering you because you are either just lying or rank 20 where killer dont even have Moris, but just for the record, today i died 5 times, 5 times against a Mori. Yes, just today, and it is no unusual.

Oh and so you understand: Yes its okay if you would get morid like every now and then, but trust me it gets on your nerfed when it is happening constantly. I am not exaggerating here - in at least 50% of my games i see either a green or a red mori.

• xEa

Im talking about the old BNP where you could instantly repair a gen with one click. thats pretty close to a mori.

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

Because the Devs operate like Bungie -- only updating for mid-chapter patches and Chapter releases. They won't do updates outside of those major release schedules because it "interrupts gameplay" by making people have to patch. They seriously need to tell people to suck it up and start updating at least every couple of weeks with whatever tweaks or changes they have ready - instead of waiting to do a major update drop. Leaving crap broken or unchanged for months before addressing it is a terrible game maintenance plan - and Bungie is king of doing that in Destiny and look at its multitude of problems over the years.

More importantly though - Mori's are not the equivalent to BNP. They are the equivalent to Keys, first and foremost.

BNP does, however, need to be changed so a single Generator can only benefit from 1 BNP during a match, so Survivors cannot stack them. (If it already does this, I do not ever see it).

• DeluxePackage
    DeluxePackage Member Posts: 1

Personally I like the Morissette, they are my favorite part of the game. If you know the killer is using a miri offering you better do a better job at not getting caught. There are a lot of things that feel unfair about the game, thats just how it goes. Ive had killers tunnel me and face camp me and I realize its just part of the game and how some people play. There is no rule book telling us what we can and can't do, we just gotta deal with stuff we don't like sometimes

• xEa

So, imagine you verse a killer with a Mori every time from now on. He is tunneling and camping you for the rest of your life, every single game you play. Would you still have the same standpoint? You still stay there and tell some bullshit about rulebooks and accepting things for whatever ######### reason?

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97

Actually no I'm fine with it too people just have different opinions and stuff. I barely have problems with mori anyways.

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97

Lmao as someone who has hit rank 1 many times bro you barely see high ranks run mori unless they want to ruin someone's day. As someone said people are toxic and you can't change how they play they will ruin your game either with or without mori.

• deeziebaby
    deeziebaby Member Posts: 31

Hard to do when this is the only game with this still of gameplay with almost all the horror killers from various franchises we love 🤷🏽‍♂️

• musefan

And yet despite the fact that nobody else has been able to provide a decent alternative, a lot of people still act like the devs haven't done a pretty good job (so far... excuse the reference).

• deeziebaby
    deeziebaby Member Posts: 31

Imagine how much better the game would be with actual decent competition.. they are a monopoly so bare minimum effort is all they will do.. how many posts for years of changes and ideas they have never implemented? Like making perks not be tiered anymore since the bloodweb is oversaturated for example.. they say oh we hear you but it's way down the pipeline 🙄

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

This - without any actual competition, they don't have to actually put forth as much effort.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

But I'm usually rank 3-5, and I only see it about 1 in 8 games or so. There is a spike lately cuz ppl are trying to get rid of it before the Nerf. I played all day yesterday and only saw it 3x.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Of course moris do need a nerf, although that nerf would encourage both tunneling off of second hook, and would be kinda useless.

A much better change would be once you've hooked each survivor once you can start to mori survivors.

Personally, I do think they're overpowered, but I think there are still some stronger things out there.

• PsychoLEPrecon
    PsychoLEPrecon Member Posts: 10

I am a half and half player, and I have no problem playing against an Ebony Mori. It means I've got to be smarter than the killer, I've gotta be better than I ever have. If SWF is easy mode, Solo is Normal and Mori is hard. I will be the first to admit I've gotten Salty about being killed quickly, but Mori's don't bother me too much, because they make it a tougher challenge, and that's what I enjoy about the game, is the challenge.