This game is getting worse. Killer becomes unplayable in the evenings and on weekends.

Options
TheClownIsKing
TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

Nothing works against survivors during these time periods.

No matter which killer, no matter which strategy is employed, no matter how loops are run or mind-gamed, I’m just spinning my wheels in place.

Why is this game designed in a such a way whereby experienced, coordinated teams make this game 100% impossible as killer?!

Literally!!!

Comments

• LaUry
    LaUry Member Posts: 100
    Options

You think I started as a rank 1 killer? I tried different killers with multiple builds alongside with learning tricks.. I played much more killer than survivor.. And im much better killer than surv for this reason

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475
    Options

Perks are what break the game.

You can't do anything except accept to lose or camp, Bubba, with the right perks there is a chance to get the SWF very easily.

You can try the Nurse.....

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

The only way to win against coordinated SWF is to target the weakest link and tunnel them out of the game. Nine times out of ten, their teammates will be super altruistic and try to save their buddy.

I find this works best with Hag and Trapper (with Bloody Coil), especially if you can get them in the basement. I don’t own Bubba, but he is great for camping too.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Yeah, well, Spirit.

There's your answer.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I play Killer only on evenings since queues are good at evenings/nights. During day I wait 5-6 minutes for a lobby, so I avoid Killer during daytime.

I don't really feel the same way as you do, I still get potatoes, sometimes better Survivors and quite rare those top % Swf which apparently some People vs. almost every Match. And I play every Killer so I am not this typical Nurse Main who beats every Team since I only play her, I do well with every Killer.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

That's most competitive games in general. After dinner going into midnight that's when all the try hards come out.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

I can confirm it´s gotten rougher overall at these times. Due to shifts etc I mostly play between dusk and dawn. You don´t encounter many casuals then.

It´s more fun against the really strong teams though unless they are literally tournament level and wipe the floor with me or if they bring Object, which is pretty common unfortunately. It made me quit Trapper for the time being, my current roster works well enough against these since I basically always assume it´s an OoO ez mode bully team.

Despite being a veteran, sometimes it´s good to revisit the basics and maybe add a thing or two to your arsenal of little tricks. Works for me at least. And let´s not forget that it´s not likely to perform at peak level every time you play, so don´t go too hard on yourself after a bad day.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Even Pig + Racor cant get a kill? :^)

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,460
    Options
  • MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options
  • TheClownIsKing
    Options

Yeah...

I’m just hanging out for PS5 to play Demons Souls and Miles Morales at this point.

• TheClownIsKing
    Options

This game can be so demoralising.

I’ve been playing so long as both roles. But I know there are survivor mains that have also played a very long time.

The rational part of me knows that when I’m losing to these survivors it’s because they’ve got the tiles and spacing so well memorised, that they’re always going to have the upper hand on a killer, particularly when all 4 survivors are this skilled. It’s at this level of play that highlights how survivor sided so many tiles are.

But even though I know this, I HATE that it instead feels like I’m getting WORSE at the game over time, despite adapting, experimenting, and reinventing my approach to things in this game, and refining my skills (or so I thought).

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Really, killer is not supposed to kill everyone every game.

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2020
    Options

I've commented plenty on posts like this. I agree wholeheartedly with everything OP said. It's become nearly unplayable at this point. Between the perks, too many loops and pallets and gen speeds it's gotten ridiculous. Sad part is survivors just think they're good at the game. They don't even realize they're on ez mode then have the audacity to say git gud 🤡 On top of that if the killer does anything to fight back and give themselves a chance then they cry about tunneling, camping and slugging and call you trash. To them, we should play "fair" and lose just so they can escape. Even if you win you lose because they don't like how you played. It's entirely on the devs. They've basically made them spoiled, and entitled children. Now they're in a position that even if they do balance the game the masses of survivors will cry that they won't play. If that happens they'll lose money. It's a shame because DBD used to be a great game. My suggestion is play something else. There's plenty of good games to actually have fun with instead of forcing yourself to play DBD and deal with it's toxic community. I've all but quit myself. A game or 2 every few days here and there and it's always the same so playing less and less. I check on the forums once in awhile and see these posts and they let me know I made the right decision.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

I've just about quit playing killer on Sundays.. I don't know what it is but every tryhardsweatass comes out on Sundays

• MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124
    Options

When I play SWF, we have a good team and will win most of the time. However, we do face killers at lower ranks (red) who are just beasts at pressuring gens and playing smart and will either get us all or 3K.

For killer, this game is 100% about the map and gen locations. Which is out of our control. If you can control the gens and not get baited to leave an area, you can easily 3K and race to the hatch.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

Play Deathslinger, no matter how the game goes, these survivors will throw a tantrum how he absolutely has no counter.

• bleekness
    bleekness Member Posts: 2
    Options

It's A game. Why is there so much whining on this forum? If you've been playing for 3 years and constantly lose to survivors and have to come on a forum to complain about, it might be time for a new game.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2020
    Options

Sometimes I dread playing DBD because of this. It's pretty much play Nurse or Spirit or you're going to have sweat your ass off, even for Killers like Doc, Freddy, and Blight. Sometimes I'll even look at their profiles and dodge based on how skilled they seem if I'm fed up with having to sweat 24/7. I know that I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but sometimes I just go "screw it lol".

I'd be shocked if he isn't.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    edited October 2020
    Options

Idk mate, playing in evenings when games are found almost instantly is awesome and I barely have any troubles with survivors.

I'm writing this comment while another game with "sweaty-tryhard" had been loading and I got sent on swamp as Blight where I got my "super op" ruin undying combo broken in first minute, with undying going first, so I had to play with two perks. Needless to say I was able to win that match even with two perks.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

Hello!! I have only been playing for like 6 months and am a survivor main, but when I play killer I unfortunately come across a few SWF or toxic players, but I still have fun! I try not to take my matches too seriously, it's just a game after all, but as a red rank survivor I understand the rush of getting those sweet sweet pips lol. Also, I have been running into a lot of sluggers and campers, but I choose to just hope for the best. It sucks, and although it's a strategy, it's pretty scummy haha. Either way, good luck in your future matches and I hope you get groups that are smart but also not mean to you-- calling out the 4 flashlight teams who pallet drop and wait for you to break it >:(((

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158
    Options

If this is the case you are overcommitted to chases. If you don’t get a hit or pallet in 15 seconds you need to rotate and apply pressure elsewhere. I know it’s so hard to let a chase go sometimes but it can be the difference between Winning and losing a match

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600
    Options

Weekend is fine for me, but evenings of the workdays are disgusting. Just got a game against rank 1 SWF while I am rank 7 - couldn't even get a single down. And it is always like that. Looks like on red ranks there is no killers who want to play after work.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Sorry I thought you wouldn't mind considering it's a pretty neat picture of yours!

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options

if you take the mindset of "theres nothing i could do" you aint gonna improve, review the games where you lose and look for what you couldve done instead this exempt from very specific scenarios like a 4 stack on mothers dwelling with meta perks or smth

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Region can make a big difference as to survivor strength. I'll straight up tell you, I'm a ridiculously good killer, because I've gone against these teams so often.

Best advice I can give, dont get frustrated, constantly pressure gens, get as many injured as possible, then slug their cocky butts. The frustration thing was the big key for me, keep the pressure on then and hope they crumble.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

you probably dont want to hear this but since i remeber your username from other posts i know you are a clown main. the fact of the matter is not all killers are equel in power. even if you are the best clown main in dbd is 1000 hours on clown you can be out classed by a freddy with 20 games under his belt and time with other killers while he learns how to loop. every killer in the game can easily take down a "team" of survivors that arent coordinated and dont prioritize gens. the only test of skill is playing against the good teams and if you are playing weaker killers you will have a tough time regardless of how good you are.

there is a very short list of killers worse than clown and many are just objectively better due to more tools in their base kit. experienced coordinated teams maybe impossible for killers like: clown, trapper, plague, legion, pig, wraith, bubba and myers but you can definely take out permanently rank 1 swf teams with top tier killers such as nurse, spirit and freddy.

im sorry to say your main is inferior killer and your frustation is just you reaching clown's skill cap only to discover its just not not high enough to beat a competent team

• wwemonkey619
    wwemonkey619 Member Posts: 14
    Options

Play as leatherface with insidious when it's an SWF they will try their hardest to make the save it's in their nature if it's solo ques they won't have a clue and get caught

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251
    edited October 2020
    Options

Unplayable is a over exaggerating statement killer has been in far worse states then now.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Not gonna lie, this is why I main Legion and Deathslinger. If I pop Frenzy, you're going to get stabbed. As Deathslinger, as long as my shots are on point I'm going to get hits and downs. I might not win, but I'm not going to lose without getting something.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195
    Options

To be honest, when I play killer I almost always play at evening/night and I just use BBQ and Chili and make it my goal to get all 4 tokens. Worrying about getting kills just stresses me out cause me, like you said, you have to sweat for it. If I get kills, cool. If not, cool. I only play now to get bloodpoints so I can still enjoy my matches.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

If I'm trying to avoid Seal Team-6 SWF, I play early in the morning. It is harder for them to coordinate all getting together at 5-8 AM. :)

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    edited October 2020
    Options

I like it when people say(Also you might want to invest in learning an actual strong killer.) or play strong killer what the point in all have these killer if only a few are good and strong.

we can't play who we want still win we have to play X or Y killer or you don't have a change that not balanced

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

That's the curse of multiplayer games with a lot of viarity. Some options are bound to be weaker then others. The perfect balance doesn't exist.

I also didn't say stop playing weaker killers. You can do perfectly fine 80% of the time. It's just nice to have a stronger killer in your pocket if your expecting harder matches or need a chill match